Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Todd cut one in half with a hot knife. He didn't know the bottom plate is separate from the rest. That gives you access to everything inside. I've seen photos of that plate off, so I know it can be done. I've stuck my finger nail between the wall of the plate and the wall does moves away from the plate. :)

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
Todd cut one in half with a hot knife. He didn't know the bottom plate is separate from the rest. That gives you access to everything inside. I've seen photos of that plate off, so I know it can be done. I've stuck my finger nail between the wall of the plate and the wall does moves away from the plate. :)

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification. Replay sounds awesome so I hope the feature is worth the initial cost. Into the cart it goes!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I want to hear more from folks who have one!

I love the concept of pod mods, for when I'm out running around. (Home I'll stick to bigger, heavier stuff.)
And I've bought a few (juul, Feather, Vladdin...) but none really do it for me for one reason or another. The Breeze 2 is so far tops for me.

So, maybe this is the answer?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
There is something I really like about light and small puff activated pod devices. Where you can hang it from your mouth while you work with both hands like a cigarette. I really like that. I do that with my Vladdin and MyBlu pods.

I never had a Breeze 2 and after seeing PBusardo's video on it, I didn't want one. Too many design flaws for me. One thing of many was you have to remove the pod and then remove the coil to adjust airflow. Please! :(

And I use my mods and pods at home too. I also use them both when I am out and about. I have 3 Orion podmods coming today. So we'll see how that goes. I do like the looks, the size, and the hardware. Now the only thing is I need to know is how does she vape? :)

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Trying mine out for the first time now.

Initial impressions are hight quality, and far smaller than I had really even expected. Fits in a fifth pocket with no problem, including the tip.

I grabbed some of each coil / trying the 0.5 first. Flavor is on point. The "low" setting is a little anemic, middle and high seem great (factory settings, haven't connected to it with escribe yet.

Time will tell, but out of the box I'm liking what I'm seeing / tasting so far for sure.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
FYI for something to consider for those interested in button position. It protrudes far enough and fires when even with the body, so if you choose, you can hold with the button against the "meat" of your hand and squeezing the device into your hand will fire it. That's actually how I'm finding myself using it.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I too started out with a 0.50Ω pod. Loaded it with my HazeCap 70VG 18mg ADV. Well count me as very impressed. I had them for two hours now and I vaped the one pod halfway down already. Yes I have been vaping like crazy. I thought the lowest power setting (8 watts) was slightly too warm actually. But kicking in Replay tamed it down and it is perfect for me now.

I can understand now how Todd was brave enough to just take two Orion modpods on holiday for a week and nothing else. One thing that I never heard anybody mention is that it has a 5 second timeout. Maybe that can be changed in a later firmware update. But I could live with it. This is definitely the best pod I ever have used to date. :)

P.S. dwcraig1, thanks for the firmware patch. Without it, EScribe can't see it.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Thanks DW. Hey what is the difference between the INT & US ServicePack Go and just the Go exe's. Is one the full EScribe2 installation (_GO) and the other the ServicePack only for existing EScribe2 installations. Also is RePlay available for the US version now with the GO chip ?
I flashed back and forth between INT and US and see no difference, I suspect that the difference lies in the firmware that's included for the DNA75C and DNA250C. When just a service pack "sp" is on the end of file name and it has to be put into the firmware folder manually.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I vaped through that first pod (that's a lot of vaping) and I vaped it bone dry. Not a single dry hit whatsoever. And it looks like if you remove the pod and put it back in, the DNA Go kicks out Replay. So something to keep in mind.
Were you using Replay when you vaped it dry?

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Just picked one up today, Black Carbon Fiber. First impression is like everybody so far.....high quality.

I’ve never used salt nics, I vape VCT 12mg primarily in MTL typically using .7 Nautilus coils at 15 Watts. I filled it up, gave it time to wick, tightened up the hole, took the first draw and I was immediately impressed. Nice warm vape with better than expected flavor, particularly as it’s not even broken in yet, I see this only getting better.

The size is great, the button placement is not bothering me, but I am very adaptable.

Here’s my question. VCT is a sweet juice. I get 4-5 days out of a Nautilus coil. Ripe Vapes now makes VCT with Nic Salts in 3 and 5MG options. What’s comparable to 12 using regular juice? Will that make these coils last a lot longer?

Looking forward to digging deeper with this in escribe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Just picked one up today, Black Carbon Fiber. First impression is like everybody so far.....high quality.

I’ve never used salt nics, I vape VCT 12mg primarily in MTL typically using .7 Nautilus coils at 15 Watts. I filled it up, gave it time to wick, tightened up the hole, took the first draw and I was immediately impressed. Nice warm vape with better than expected flavor, particularly as it’s not even broken in yet, I see this only getting better.

The size is great, the button placement is not bothering me, but I am very adaptable.

Here’s my question. VCT is a sweet juice. I get 4-5 days out of a Nautilus coil. Ripe Vapes now makes VCT with Nic Salts in 3 and 5MG options. What’s comparable to 12 using regular juice? Will that make these coils last a lot longer?

Looking forward to digging deeper with this in escribe.

3 & 5 Mg? don't you mean 3 & 5%? (30 & 50 Mg)
The flavoring not the nic type will be the determining factor on how long the coil lasts providing # of puffs and duration of puff are the same. One would probably require less puffs with higher nic concentration though.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
eScribe really can unlock this little monster. I really like how you can set the Watts and boost for each color AND each pod type.

Bumped up the power on the DL pod to 18/22/27 and is really brought the .25 ohm pod to life.

Got my second one today with the .50 ohm pods and am very happy - these might replace my Billet Boxes. ;)

ff571ea361eac18dd2144040ab800caf.jpg

374dc9802add85cf7a181b1c238de33b.jpg

ae4352b5f4263f5377e6f203a2d320e8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread