Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The chamber and chimney are one part of the equation. On a kayfun Prime, you will use a smaller coil and lower wattage than on a cloud chaser.
I think you will be surprised how this small coil and lower wattage really works. I often build a 7 wrap Ni200 spaced 3mmID coil. This comes out to .07Ω. Guess how many watts I need to MTL this subohm coil? Just 8 watts. And with no airflow, it only needs 4 watts to hold it at 420°F. Why doesn't anybody teach us these facts?

For ME, the flavor on the kayfun Prime is great. From what I've heard about YOUR preferences, I don't think it would work well for YOU.
I dunno know, I never vaped from one. But I'll never know until I try. :)

It must be cool knowing that what's best for YOU is best for EVERYONE. Haha!
Hahaha... no that isn't what I am saying. I am saying the more people understand how vaping really works, they will in the future vape more like me. ;)

The extra 2 holes on the Galaxies is one of the unusual things about it. Closed off, the air flow can actually be less than on the Prime. Opened up it can be restricted DTL, in my opinion and the opinion of several reviewers.
The Vapefly Galaxies RDTA has only 3 different sized air holes on the outside. But you can have both sides open or just one side. And all reviewers except one made it sound like with one side opened, you lose the 3rd hole to the coil. But Vaping with Vic pointed out that whether you use one or two sides, the airflow still hits the same places on the coil. So three openings with either one or both sides opened gives you 6 different openings really.

And shocking to me and probably you, I actually am enjoying the middle opening with only one side opened. Here the Vapefly Galaxies RDTA is right here. Let me try the smallest with one side opened... Wow is that tight! But vapor and flavor is still there. I have those two jets a quarter way opened for the coil like virtually all reviewers said is best. But to be honest, I could get used to this since flavor and vapor is still really good. :)

Having 3 airflow slots hits multiple areas of the coil but it only works well with more airflow. If you use the narrowest airflow settings on the outside, the airflow stream will be really weak if you have the side air flow open.
Oddly I just did it and surprisingly no the airflow doesn't seem really weak at all. I just have to pull harder since it is so restricted. In turn it seems to shoot tiny narrow jet blast and hitting the coil instead of slower more open airflow.

For someone like you who wants lots of airflow, I can see why you enjoy the 3 air flow. But for those who want a really restricted airflow, it won't give good results. They have the option of closing it off. ...but of course, you know what's best for them. ;) :D
But you didn't try it and you're just guessing. Guessing doesn't count, only trying it counts. ;)

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I am saying the more people understand how vaping really works, they will in the future vape more like me. ;)

:lol:

But you didn't try it and you're just guessing. Guessing doesn't count, only trying it counts. ;)

No I'm not guessing. You are guessing that I didn't try it.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Speaking abut the Vapefly Galaxies RDTA and the Orion .5Ω pods. I have a SS316L .46Ω coil in the Vapefly. Both the pod and Vapefly I have the same airflow opening at 1.2mm. The Orion is set at 8 watts and the Vapefly set at 12 watts. Both are MTL vaping at about 420°F. I have the same hazelnut cappuccino juice in both. And guess what?

They are both so similar in vapor and flavor. How do you people explain that one? Sure the pod is producing about 1/3 less vapor and flavor. But the Vapefly coil must be like 4 times larger than the pods coil. But by pulling harder on the pod I can get the vapor and flavor almost exactly the same. This is very interesting. :)

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
No I'm not guessing. You are guessing that I didn't try it.
You did? Didn't why didn't you say so?
EIQLJ7Z.gif

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
Speaking abut the Vapefly Galaxies RDTA and the Orion .5Ω pods. I have a SS316L .46Ω coil in the Vapefly. Both the pod and Vapefly I have the same airflow opening at 1.2mm. The Orion is set at 8 watts and the Vapefly set at 12 watts. Both are MTL vaping at about 420°F. I have the same hazelnut cappuccino juice in both. And guess what?

They are both so similar in vapor and flavor. How do you people explain that one? Sure the pod is producing about 1/3 less vapor and flavor. But the Vapefly coil must be like 4 times larger than the pods coil. But by pulling harder on the pod I can get the vapor and flavor almost exactly the same. This is very interesting. :)

The vapefly is very loose

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
From those of you that have used both the 0.25 and 0.5 ohm coils, is there consensus on a favorite? From what I gather in the thread, flavor is about the same, more refills with the 0.25, better battery life with the 0.5. I have one arriving on Monday with one pack of each pod but thought I would take advantage of MFS' coupon to order more this weekend.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Thanks for reminding me about the MFS discount.
I have both and they are pretty much the same to me, though I think I'll get more of the .25, as I may be imagining it, but it's just so slightly more flavorful with the freebase juices I use.

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
Use Grain alcohol, take a sip every few minutes while its soaking, by the time it is ready to pop, you wont care anymore.....
Quick question, was the isopropyl 100% or will 95% work?
I'll be heading home soon and want to try taking one of these buggers apart again.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
WS23 is an additive that makes juices feel cold.

... is from the hemp plant.
Interesting. Never heard about the WS.
Regarding the other, I do feel stupid. Living in Massachusetts where such things are readily available and the other more psychedelic form will soon be available retail, I should have known. LOL

Reactions: dansus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread