The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lost Vape Orion

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by dansus, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. brewbear

brewbear Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2017
    I still want a rebuidable pod....even though I'm playing with the Dvarws these last couple of weeks. Please let us know when they become available.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. moodsmaster

moodsmaster Full Member

Aug 1, 2018
    I want one, too. Hopefully this comes available soon. At home I'm happy with my therion bf, but on the go, it would be great to have the orion with a rebuildable pod and hopefully better MTL performance

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    The Lost vape ones are usually 8.99 for two so they aren’t much cheaper. I’m tempted to order a couple just to see how they are.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    That is the single pod price. When the 3 pack option comes, I bet they will be cheaper yet.

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. brewbear

Jan 9, 2017
    Price-wise they may be better but how good/functional are they? The 0.8 ohm pod is supposedly MTL, but how tight a draw is it? I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. brewbear

Jan 9, 2017
    I may be mistaken, but the one and only photo of the Tip pods seems to show a long and fairly narrow chimney going thru from the bottom/lower part of the pod to the drip tip. Interesting.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. pt91

pt91 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    My instincts tell me that it may be gusher if it isn't upright all of the time. That design is prone to leaking. Might not be so good for something that is frequently upside down in my pocket. I only use the orion on the go so think I am not the customer for this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. newyork13

newyork13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Interesting comment. The Orion, being so small goes its own way in my pockets, but often ends up sideways and sometimes upside down. And does not leak in either position. Leaking is not something which I will deal with, regardless of the other great attributes of a mod/tank.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. dansus

dansus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Just noticed with the Tip pods, the drip tip is on the other side.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. negativedh

negativedh New Member

Apr 17, 2019
    Hello everyone, i'm new user of the Lost Vape Orion GO DNA

I'm using the salt nic 35mg of nasty salt but with 0.5ohm as MTL. However.
    I feel like choke. I though it because of feel the high nic.

I downloaded and installed the EScribe software and found some watt / boost/ warmth settings.

So i need some advices about that.
    What is the ideal settings for MTL - SALT NIC with 0.5ohm build?

Ekran Resmi 2019-04-17 14.25.11.png

Thanks

14. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Nic salts made me choke also when using the Orion DNA GO. The same 50mg salt liquid I was using in other pod mods with no harshness or choking made me cough. It's the Orion pod design, not the juice, which is why I sold both of my Orions - they just don't do MTL properly. P Busardo came to the same conclusion in his review.

I moved on quickly and find that the Nautilus AIO is MUCH better for high-nic MTL vaping.

15. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Wow, it's like a shameless Orion rip-off. I really don't care, and am curious if it vapes better than the atrocious Orion MTL vape. Might try one to find out.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Seiggy

Seiggy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    Try changing your boost to zero "0" for low,med,high. And change your warmth to the lowest setting. I did this for my non-salt nic and it helped. Others have done the same and it helped. It will also helped protect your coils from getting burnt. Then you can adjust as you see fit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. negativedh

negativedh New Member

Apr 17, 2019
    Are you using salt nic liquid ? I though that it made me choke, it feels like too many nic. Maybe need to switch the regular nic liquids for this mod.

18. Seiggy

Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    No, I'm using regular nic liquids (6mg). With the default settings it was a little harsh for me. Adjusted boost and warmth and that worked for my taste on low. If I needed a little more then I would change to medium or high as I see fit at the moment. I've never tried salts because I didn't see a need. You might just need to try salts lower than 35mg. Just a thought

19. negativedh

negativedh New Member

Apr 17, 2019
    Also, what is your watt settings now? I've tried to set 7-8-10 and still didn't find the right.

20. Seiggy

Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    Been awhile since I checked, but for me, MTL 8,10,11 "0" boost warmth 5, DL 11,13,15 "0" boost warmth 5. Using regular nic liquids between 3mg & 6mg. My present setting with 3mg liquid is on LOW with MTL or .5 ohm. Just a Reference point. Per one of my .ecig files, the MTL boost for Low was 6, Med was 4 & High was 3. I'm not sure if this was "out of box" or not however.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.