hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m glad to be back again today with a very nice pod mod called the lost vape Thelema pod mod kit. It was sent to me by Sourcemore in order to do a fair and honest review. I have just within the last month or two become more familiar with lost vape hardware having purchased a couple of the Grus mods and an Ursa Quest kit. My initial impression after trying those two is that they make some well- built equipment. Enough about those two. Let’s go down and take a look at the Thelema Pod mod and I’ll give you my input on it.

Lost-Vape-Thelema-Kit-Colors.jpg

What’s in the box?

1* Thelema Kit

1* Thelema Pod (4ml pre-installed)

1* 0.2ohm Ultra Boost M4 Mesh Coil (Pre-installed)

1* 0.3ohm Ultra Boost M1 Clapton Mesh Coil

1* Type-C Cable

1* Warranty Card

1* User Manual

1* Extra drip tip

4* o rings

IMG-4297.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Proprietary Quest chip

2. 3000mAh built-in battery

3. Compatible with Ultra Boost Series Coils, including RBA

4. Convenient top filling

5. 0.96 inch TFT color screen

6. Dual-channel airflow

7. Adjustable airflow ring on coil

8. Maximum 80W output

9. Type-c 2A fast charging

10. Two options of drip tip available: 510 DL drip tip and 510 MTL drip tip

11. 4ml visual pod

SPECIFICATIONS:

Lost-Vape-Thelema-Kit-Parameters.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging on the Thelema is nice and simple. The outer cover slides off exposing a lift off box top. However, unlike almost every kit I open with this kind of packaging, Lost Vape had the forethought to have cut outs on each side of the box lid so you can easily grip it by the sides and remove the box top. Most kits you have to shake or wiggle the box top to get it off. It’s a nice touch that they thought of it. After removing the top, underneath I found the black with Ukranian leather Thelema pod mod with the pod on it and the .2 coil pre-installed. Also on nice thing was there were two drip tips included with the kit an MTL and a DTL tip. Of course, also included in the kit was the USB-C charging cable, user manual, and some extra o rings for the drip tips.

Lost-Vape-Thelema-Kit-Structure.jpg
    Lost-Vape-Thelema-Kit-80-W-Max-Power.jpg
    Lost-Vape-Thelema-Kit-80-W-Pod-Mod.jpg
    Lost-Vape-Thelema-Kit-3000m-Ah.jpg
    Lost-Vape-Thelema-Kit-Airflow-and-drip-tip.jpg
    Lost-Vape-Thelema-Kit-Color-Screen.jpg
    Lost-Vape-Thelema-Kit-Type-C-Charging.jpg
    IMG-4424.jpg
    IMG-4428.jpg
    IMG-4427.jpg
    IMG-4426.jpg

IMG-4430.jpg

In my opinion the Thelema is a very classy looking mod. I’m pretty sure that it is real leather that is used on this mod. Some mods have a leather look but don’t feel or look like real leather. This one does. It doesn’t seem as padded as some do underneath. I’m not usually a big fan of red on mods but love the red leather on this one and the designs and textures stamped into it are truly beautiful.

On the front of the mod going from top to bottom is first what is supposed to be a viewing window for the liquid level but honestly I can’t see the level through it. Looking through the opening to the tinted pod, it’s just too dark for me to see the level. Below that is the fire button which just sticks out a little bit from being flush. Next is the .96” TFT color screen followed by the + and – buttons and finally the USB-C charging port on the bottom which is rated for 2 amps for charging the mod since it has an internal battery which is rated at 3000mah and a maximum of 80 watts. Facing the screen, to the right is the Lost Vape name and on the left is the word Thelema both etched into the metal frame. On the back and wrapping around the sides some is the beautiful leather wrap that I mentioned earlier. Also there is a fairly large opening on either side of the mod to allow for airflow and you can even see the coil ring through it.

The display on the Thelema reminds me of the screen on the Grus. It has a proprietary Quest chip but I’m not sure if it’s the same one as the Grus. On the screen at the top is a battery level indicator with the coil resistance to the right of it in very small font. A little too small for me. Below that is the word Power followed by the wattage set and a W below that. Next is the puff time and puff counter. On the bottom of the screen is a series of colored dots indicating the colors available for the display. They are light blue, yellow, white, red, green, and purple.

Operation of the Thelema is as follows:

• Five presses of the fire button to turn the device on and off

• Press the + and – buttons to lock the adjustment buttons but the mod will still fire

• Press the fire button and the – button to reset the puff counter

• Press the fire button and the + button to change the screen display color

upload_2021-1-30_20-15-26.jpg
    upload_2021-1-30_20-15-27.jpg

For the most part, I liked the pod used on the Thelema. It has a 4ml capacity which I think is a good size for a device like this. It has replaceable drip tips and came with two. One for MTL and one for DTL. The coils included with the kit are the Ultra boost series of coils. Included was the M4 coil already installed which is .2 ohms and rated 40-60 watts and the other tip included was the M1 coil which is .3 ohms and rated for 30-40 watts. I found myself running both coils lower than the recommended wattages. I was running the M4 at 36 watts and the M1 at 22 watts. I felt like both coils performed well and gave pretty good flavor and plenty of vapor production. One other nice thing about this device is there is an RBA deck available for purchase separately so you aren’t locked into buying coils if you don’t want to.

One thing I absolutely loved about the pod was that it is top fill. Way to go Lost Vape! You don’t have to remove the pod to fill. So many I’ve seen lately are all bottom fill. The rubber plug for the fill port has the word OPEN on it and has an arrow pointing to the direction to pull the plug from. That’s another that a boy for Lost Vape.

On the bottom of the pod are four strong magnets which match up with the inside of the mod along with two gold plated contacts for electrical contact. Once you get the pod close to being inserted, the magnets will pull it in by themselves. The pod is somewhat tinted but I can still see the liquid level when the pod is removed but just cannot see it through the viewing window.

The coils are actually a push in but there is a collar that screws onto the coil before pushing it in and it has the airflow slots built into it for adjusting the airflow.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I very much liked testing the Lost Vape Thelema Pod mod kit. To me it just screams quality and is has a very attractive appearance. From the real leather wrap to the metal frame it seems to be a quality made device. Some might say it has too much branding on it but I don’t mind the etching on either side. I’ve used it for almost two weeks and have had no issues with it and nothing more than a little condensation under the pod.

The mod is not heavy and not light. It’s a good weight for a pod mod. The screen is bright and being able to change the colors of the display is a fun feature. After reviewing a couple of mods that don’t do it, It’s nice to test one that does allow you to fire with the adjustment buttons locked.

It has a 3000mah battery with a 4ml liquid capacity. To me that is a pretty good match up with what the coils are rated for that are included in the kit.

I simply love that the pod is a top fill. I do however wish that I could see the liquid level through the viewing window in the pod while it is installed but it’s too dark. I think there would have had to be an opening in the back as well as the front to allow enough light in to see the liquid level. That is really the only con I found with this device.

And here we are at the end again. Would I recommend it? If it’s a well-made and attractive looking pod mod that you’re after with an available RBA deck and enough features to make most users happy then yes I would recommend it. It has been trouble free for me during my testing period. I did not receive the RBA with it for testing so cannot comment on how well it works but would like to try it some day.

Thanks goes out to Lilia and Sourcemore for sending the Lost Vape Thelema Pod Mod kit for review. Also thanks to you the readers that make it all happen. Below is a coupon code for the Thelema and a link to the Sourcemore website.

Discount Code: ELEMA for $24.69

https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vape-thelema-pod-mod-kit.html

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Another great review, lots of pros but in my opinion a few cons.
    1-pod is too dark to see liquid level.
    2-adjustable air flow ring, I can see myself losing that when I toss a bad coil.
    3-I prefer external battery devices.

The pod itself isn’t too dark but when it’s in the mod I couldn’t see the level. It’s visible when removed.

I can’t really see myself tossing the airflow ring but it might have been nice if an extra was included.

I definitely understand preferring external batteries. I have both and some internal battery mods outlast external ones. It’s a crap shoot as to how long a mod lasts. Someone with a little ingenuity might be able to take it apart and replace the battery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread