hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome back for yet another review by yours truly. Today I will be taking a look at the lost vape Thelema Solo 100W Kit that was sent to me by Lost Vape in order to provide this review for you. The Solo is yet another great mod in the Lost Vape line that uses the Quest 2.0 chip that many of us have come to like very much and has been used in previous releases such as the Centaurus BF, Thelema 200W, Ursa, Grus, and Cyborg. The Solo plays off of the Thelema design as far as appearance and has a C frame for battery loading which I like very much. The kit includes the same UB Pro pod tank which is in fact a great performer but I feel like it’s time for Lost Vape to come out with a new tank or even an RTA to pair with the kits. Either way, I don’t think you will be disappointed if you decide to try this kit. Let’s take a look and see what’s included and look at some specifications then I’ll talk about my experiences with it.

AAO37wv.jpg

TAfdD6i.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Thelema Solo 100W Box Mod

1* 5ml UB Pro Pod Tank

1* 0.15ohm UB Pro P1 Coil

1* 0.3ohm UB Pro P3 Coil

1* 18650 Battery Adapter

4* O-rings

1* Type-C Cable

1* User Manual

1* Warranty Card

pivD4Ln.jpg

upload_2022-1-8_19-2-26.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimension 39*28.5*97.5mm

Battery 21700/18650 battery (not included)

Input Voltage 5V

Battery Voltage 3.0V-4.2V

Output Voltage 0.7V-8V

Power Range 5-100W

Current Range 1A-35A

Temperature Range 100℃-315℃/200℉-600℉

Coil Resistance Supported 0.15ohm-5.0ohm

Coil Material Supported Nickel/Titanium/SS316/SS904/Kanthal

Screen Pixel 0.96 inch 80*160

Body Material Zinc Alloy

E-juice Capacity 5ml

Color Full Leather Series: Black Classic Black, SS Mineral Green, Gunmetal Ochre Brown

Carbon Fiber Leather Series: Black Carbon Fiber, SS Carbon Fiber, Gunmetal Carbon Fiber, Sierra Blue Carbon Fiber, Matt Red Carbon Fiber

6FJV9QK.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Thelema Solo 100W Mod with UB Pro Pod Tank

2. Single 21700/18650 battery

3. Replaceable battery door

4. Quest 2.0 chip performs extremely steady all the time

5. Five vaping modes: Wattage/VPC/Bypass/Voltage/Temperature Control (SS904/SS316/Ti/Ni) mode

6. 3 user records while normal coil, TC coil and RBA

7. Compatible with UB Pro coils

8. DC 5V Type-C fast charging

9. Unique overlay & genuine leather

10. Multiple protections: Short Circuit/Weak Battery/Overheat/10S Over-time Protection

HDgkie1.jpg

ixnnq26.jpg

BK6OEpX.jpg

7cwremc.jpg

tQLpIzL.jpg

nqxcSh8.jpg

RKZZCit.jpg

alnd2S7.jpg

5DZs1zg.jpg

ixNqNsm.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Thelema Solo arrived in normal Lost Vape style. The white box with black writing and picture of the device inside on the front has become their signature design in my mind. As usual the package contents are on the back of the box along with a security code.

I know I’ve mentioned this once or twice before but like how Lost Vape wraps their mods in a protective cover for shipping. It’s that little extra bit of care that helps to set them apart. One other thing I liked and didn’t notice until opening the Solo was how the accessory box has the contents listed on the box so you know whether you even need to open that box or not to get you started. I personally did not since I have a ton of charging cables and intended on running the mod with a 21700.

upload_2022-1-8_19-10-1.png

upload_2022-1-8_19-10-18.png

upload_2022-1-8_19-10-36.png

I have the Thelema Quest as well as the Thelema DNA250C and feel like Lost Vape did a fantastic job keeping with the Thelema design and aesthetics. On one side is the Lost Vape name while on the opposite side is Thelema Solo. I received the stainless steel carbon fiber version so on the back of the mod is a carbon fiber covering with very little padding. A very attractive looking combination in my opinion.

The carbon fiber covering is part of the C frame battery cover. I like very much that they decided to go with this type of battery cover instead of a screw on battery cap on the bottom like some of their previous mods. To me this helps to keep the feel of the original Thelema design. You can see in the picture below that once the cover is removed that the battery polarity is clearly marked.

upload_2022-1-8_19-11-19.png

upload_2022-1-8_19-11-35.png

upload_2022-1-8_19-11-54.png

The front of the mod will look familiar to you if you have used any of the recent releases from Lost Vape in the Quest line of devices. This mod as well as a handful of previous mods released by Lost Vape uses the Quest 2.0 chipset. In my opinion it is a close runner up to the DNA chipset.

The large square fire button is near the top of the device followed by the vibrant display screen as well as the +, menu, and – buttons. Near the bottom of the mod face is the USB-C fast charging port. The display screen shows the following information.

- Coil resistance and battery percentage on top

- Mode of operation( Power, Bypass, Voltage, VPC, Ni, Ti, SS316, SS904)

- Wattage or temperature set

- Pod or Mod mode and user profile

- Normal/ Soft/ Hard operation mode and puff counter

- Setting on bottom that takes you into the menu system

The solos offers five modes of operation:

1. VPC Mode

2. BYPASS Mode

3. Wattage Mode (with soft, norm, and hard preheat level options),

4. Voltage Mode

5. Temperature Control Mode (SS904/SS316/Ti/Ni)

Inside the settings menu there are more options. They are:

- Atomizer( tells atomizer resistance and current settings)

- Screen( adjust screen brightness)

- User( three settable user profiles)

- Reset

- About( shows software version)

3 User Records

Allows you to create presets of different modes and easily switch between 3 user records while using normal coil, TC coil and RBA.

The Solo just like the other mods using the Quest 2.0 chip offers multiple safety features.

MULTIPLE PROTECTIONS:

①Short-Circuit Protection

②Weak Battery Protection

③Over Heat Protection

④10 seconds over-time protection

upload_2022-1-8_19-14-17.png

If you choose to get the full kit then it will include the UB Pro pod tank that has been released for some time now and was included with prior kits. I won’t go into great detail on the pod tank since I’ve covered it in my previous reviews. I will say that this tank is a great performer for flavor and vapor production whether it’s using the included coils or the optional rba. The included coils are the following.

UB Pro P1 Coil 0.15Ω

Coil resistance: 0.15Ω Mesh Coil

Rate: 70-90W

Available for DL

UB Pro P3 Coil 0.3Ω

Coil resistance: 0.3Ω Mesh Coil

Rate: 60-70W / 260-290℃ / 500-550℉

Available for DL

Also available as a separate purchase is the RBA which in my opinion works very well and is definitely worth the purchase price.

UB Pro RBA Deck

Resistance Range: 0.15-3.0 Ω

For DIY

upload_2022-1-8_19-15-50.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I feel like the Thelema Solo 100W kit is yet another great offering from Lost Vape. It kept with the design and aesthetics of the previous Thelema models while bringing the new feel of a thinner single battery version that will allow you to use either an 18650 with the included adapter or a 21700 for extended battery life. It seems to me that the Quest 2.0 chipset does a pretty good job of power management and felt like I got very long battery life with the 21700 battery being used.

I very much like the C frame design for battery replacement more so than the previous threaded cap design that has become very popular across different brands of mods. I do have to say that the unit I received had a little movement in the battery cover. It wasn’t terrible but if I shifted it in my hand the right way then I did get a little shifting from the cover.

The UB Pro tank and coils are tried and proven time after time to provide very good flavor and vapor production in my opinion. I personally prefer the .3 ohm coils and that is what I have chosen to stock up on. If you are one that doesn’t like to stock coils then the RBA is a great option. It is a fairly large unit which makes it easier to build compared to most that I’ve tried. Not only is it easy to build but also provides superior flavor whether you use a simple round wire coil or some other exotic coil.

I’d like to thank Lost Vape and Antonia for sending the Lost Vape Thelema Solo 100W kit for this review. Of course, a big thanks to all the readers. I know a lot of you don’t post comments but still appreciate you taking the time to read my reviews. Below is a link to the Lost Vape website if you’d like to take a look. They offer a wide variety of devices and I haven’t tried a bad one yet.

Thelema Solo 100W Kit – Lost Vape

upload_2022-1-8_19-16-38.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread