Lost Vape Therion 166 (DNA250)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
Reply within quotes. In red.

It has strong magnets..... I've never had mine come off. I can actually pick it up by the door and shake it with the mod facing down....still stays on!!

Well then. I am happy you can perform aerobatic with the mod and not have it fall apart. Good to know.

What does this have to do with the mod? You should know what a 2 battery mod is capable of doing and how much battery life you get from such loads. Not anyone's fault here, it's just plain math.
I have used a lot of two battery mods throughout my vaping time and a few 3 battery mods. The ones with 2 "mathematically" lack in the arena of longevity throughout the day. That's simple math.

Mine worked fine out of the box. RTFM!!!! Plus the new C family of chips will resolve this complaint. At least they have fully adjustable setting unlike any other chip excluding Arctic Fox & JoyTec stuff. Development, documentation, updates and support are frequent and easily obtainable. I'd like to see Sigelei try and do this.
I'd not go as far as calling sigelei so bad. In my reference to the 213 I was merely saying the ergonomics of the mod are nice and as far as plain wattage it's completely fine and does the job quite well.

It is a US based company so overhead is a bit steeper than china. That being said as small as evolv is, most DNA mods now are cheaper than Yihi's line up which are 100% China.
That may be the case but the price jump in a mod that's 2 batteries is a big one. You can get a reputable 2 battery mod like the rx2/3 for 40$ while this mod also being 2 batteries is 3 to 4 times more.

First time ever I have read about anything Sigelei being superior to anything. I can honestly say that this company is inferior as I have literally had one of their mechs almost blow up in my hand due to a horrible switch design that shorted. They may have gotten better but their track record with me is ruined.

That's your opinion.

All this being said, if you ever vaped heavy on mechs you will then understand the attraction to DNA chips. If you want a solid TC device, then you understand the attraction to DNA chips. If you are balls to the wall, high wattage then you probably will miss the value of these devices. So far I think Lost Vape is producing some great mods at an affordable price point vs most everything else.

I've tried tc in the past and even on dna devices. And while I can honestly say the dna chip does a good job, there are mods out ther that are not dna and can do tc just as well.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Reply within quotes. In red.
I'm not a huge fan of DNAs (I have a DNA 200 but actually prefer my Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf-chiped mods) but a comparison to Sigelei - particularly the 213 with its broken tc and far-less-than-advertised wattage capability - is just silly.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I own a Therion 167, in my opinion its price is too high, and to me that is the only cons. Most mods with "normal" quality has a price range not higher than USD45, anything priced from USD45 to USD65 should offer "better" quality (touch screen capable, better paint, additional deck and spare parts etc). In general, mods that are price higher than USD100 is definitely luxury. (You pay not only for better quality but also for its brand)

The battery cover of a dual battery Therion is definitely not a cons, in contrary, it is a pros. I like the leather feel when holding a Therion mod (hehe... I guess this is what the so called better quality) and when I am tire with its looks, I can exchange it with the other 2 additional battery covers in different patterns and colors. Just slide and you get it opened or closed, it is that simple and practical, how can that be a problem? Man... I simply don't understand why and when would one want to hold a mod horizontally and with its fire button facing the ground (but your palm)? Test of gravity?

For mod, I will definitely reject a 3-18650-batteries mod (even it is FOC). It is too bulky and heavy for me.

Without eScribe, Therion mod allows me to do everything just like my other mods. So to me, eScribe is something extra and nice to have when I want to play in more details. Of course it sounds good to just do without eScribe and let all features be controlled by the 3 buttons on the mods, but it is possible or will it be practical? May be by adding 10 more buttons or a 7 inches touch screen... ha!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Without eScribe, Therion mod allows me to do everything just like my other mods. So to me, eScribe is something extra and nice to have when I want to play in more details. Of course it sounds good to just do without eScribe and let all features be controlled by the 3 buttons on the mods, but it is possible or will it be practical? May be by adding 10 more buttons or a 7 inches touch screen... ha!

The info I've seen to date indicates the 3 button C versions should be pretty capable of functioning without ever looking at eScribe. Ignoring eScribe, the value of a DNA board is performance in temp control. If you're a wattage user there's no reason to get one. If you're a TC user there's not a lot of competition out there outside of YiHi, and some include FSK as well (never used one, so no personal opinion on that).

Is it worth it? That's entirely up to the purchaser and the marketplace. I'd say the marketplace demand for Therions and other DNA based mods is pretty strong, so there are a lot of folks who do consider it worthwhile. I'm pleased with mine. As with anything, YMMV.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Base on his complain on eScribe, I believe he does not own either a Therion or a PC to run the eScribe.

I guess I'd put more weight on personal experience by the user in evaluating the performance and value. If the poster has used the mod and the software, I would consider their opinion a bit more valid.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
the value of a DNA board is performance in temp control. If you're a wattage user there's no reason to get one.

I used to be a TC user but for recent months, I have given up playing TC, simply put, it is a torture to me to find a good TCR for every single situation (diffrent mod or different type of wire). So I am now a wattage user, yet I buy a Therion. I could have bought 3 other mods with the money I paid for the Therion.

My Joyetech Cuboid mod has 510 connector problem, only few of my tanks will sit steadily and properly on it; my IPV6 has all its paint drop off;my IPV8 has its 510 connector detached from the mod;my Smok H-Priv won't fire properly even under wattage mod if I use coil with < .3 ohm...

So, I buy a Therion 167 for a "trusted quality", not for TC
and it causes no problem in every aspects, so far.

Btw, my favorite mod is IPV Vesta (not Therion 167) and it is also as trouble free as the Therion.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
I used to be a TC user but for recent months, I have given up playing TC, simply put, it is a torture to me to find a good TCR for every single situation (diffrent mod or different type of wire). So I am now a wattage user, yet I buy a Therion. I could have bought 3 other mods with the money I paid for the Therion.

My Joyetech Cuboid mod has 510 connector problem, only few of my tanks will sit steadily and properly on it; my IPV6 has all its paint drop off;my IPV8 has its 510 connector detached from the mod;my Smok H-Priv won't fire properly even under wattage mod if I use coil with < .3 ohm...

So, I buy a Therion 167 for a "trusted quality", not for TC
and it causes no problem in every aspects, so far.

Btw, my favorite mod is IPV Vesta (not Therion 167) and it is also as trouble free as the Therion.

I buy DNA for the ohm reader for my mechs cuz I like to build low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Petabread

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Therion is very well made, but like any mass produced (granted, not like Joytech or Smok) device, things can still go wrong. At least they come with a good warranty, and Evolv will back up their own boards.

For me the trick to TC was settling on 316L for all my TC builds and playing a bit in eScribe until I saw I could get a consistent temp that I liked with the settings chosen. Since then I haven't gone back into eScribe very much at all. My profiles are set to the tanks in use and after that initial effort, it's just cruise control for me now.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
The Therion is very well made, but like any mass produced (granted, not like Joytech or Smok) device, things can still go wrong. At least they come with a good warranty, and Evolv will back up their own boards.

For me the trick to TC was settling on 316L for all my TC builds and playing a bit in eScribe until I saw I could get a consistent temp that I liked with the settings chosen. Since then I haven't gone back into eScribe very much at all. My profiles are set to the tanks in use and after that initial effort, it's just cruise control for me now.

My board as I bet u remember was dead in a week had a new one in a week thy stand but there brand

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016

I find playing with IPV Vesta's "wattage curve" much practical, easier and satisfactory. If you like TC, then I bet you will like IPV Vesta's "on-mod-wattage curve" even more.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I find playing with IPV Vesta's "wattage curve" much practical, easier and satisfactory. If you like TC, then I bet you will like IPV Vesta's "on-mod-wattage curve" even more.

I think wattage curves and preheat in wattage mode are great ideas. I expect they take a bit of playing around to get the curve you like best, but why not? The only issue I can see, which may not even be one, is can you save those custom curves so when you change tanks/coils you can pull up the one best for that build?

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I think wattage curves and preheat in wattage mode are great ideas. I expect they take a bit of playing around to get the curve you like best, but why not? The only issue I can see, which may not even be one, is can you save those custom curves so when you change tanks/coils you can pull up the one best for that build?

IPV Vesta does not allow saving custom curve, but I just watch a review on Tesla Nano 120W, which also allows one to set wattage curve (in a much clearer way than Vesta). The review shows Tesla Nano allows one to save settings to presets (or profiles), just that the reviewer never make it clear whether the preset include custom curve.

Btw, both the Vesta and Tesla manufacturer calls it "Taste Control". I like this feature so much because I like to chain vaping in a slow and long draw manner.

Last edited:

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
Hi everyone

I have been using my Lost Vape Drone for a while and I noticed that the battery - Sony VTC6 does not last as long on the Drone compared to the same batteries used Lost Vape Therion 75. Same build and vaping at the same wattage and exactly same TC setting. Both using the same profile loaded in escribe. Is this issue pertinent to the 166 board?

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
6792f2f4597553d33349f97d868ed020.jpg

06811190cbec803e711e6b198ff75146.jpg
683f7bbbff8b526821d9c56c0974abcd.jpg

Status