Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I do but only because of the subpar vape I get on the Therion without locking the resistance. I thought something was wrong with it because I get a much better vape on my eleaf iPower 80. I mean, when every tank vapes poorly on the Therion but good on the Eleaf it seems more likely that there's something not quite right about the Therion. But then again I don't know much about dna boards.

If the Therion is producing the more accurate reading but producing a subpar vape experience, what do you suggest I do?

Accuracy but subpar vaping is pretty useless. I would open up device monitor and get a visual on what your settings are actually doing. It's a powerful tool for getting things where you want.

Reactions: ShamrockPat

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I would open up device monitor and get a visual on what your settings are actually doing. It's a powerful tool for getting things where you want.
    You'll want to tick these checkboxes.
    rjjny.png

TempControl.PNG

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    You'll want to tick these checkboxes.
    rjjny.png

View attachment 675765

Agree, although to keep the graph as simple as possible to read, I'd even uncheck any of the battery options. Those won't really help interpret the TC adjustments, unless the user is getting low battery warnings with a reasonable charge still remaining on the battery. Power, temp, and ohms will tell you all you need.

volanski

Oct 15, 2017
    A couple of things.
    1. Temperature determines how hot the Vape is (I use 420F)
    2. Preheat and Power (watts) determines how fast it gets to your set Temperature.

If you want to PM your Email address, I'll send you my Ecig file. It has 7 TC Profiles (all different wires), 1 for Power Mode, Custom Screens, Custom Theme, Case Thermals, Battery discharge curves, etc. No pressure for you to do this, I'm just offering if you are interested.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Hello,

As I'm a new user to this forum I can not PM you, could you send me?
    I'm also searching the internal mod resistance for this thereon 166.

Thanks

KGB7

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    I have Paranormal 166 coming in the mail tomorrow.
    Going to retire my almost 3 year old Sigelei 100+. It’s a great mod and worked flawlessly all these years, but the square box design was never comfortable to use.

20 hours to go till mail arrives. I feel like a kid the night before Xmas lol.

Reactions: ShowerHead

KGB7

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    I’m running in to an issue with my Paranormal 166.

It’s not reading ohm correctly. It’s about 0.15 higher in wattage mode and 0.20 higher in temp mode. And it temp mode the ohms will jump up by as much as 0.47 ohms.

I’ve been trying different settings in eScribe for several days now and I can’t get this mod to read correct ohms.
    I’ve been reading Evolv forums for few days and no answer there.
    Even updated firmware to the latest 1.2_5.1.

One thing I haven’t tried, is locking ohms in Wattage mode.

So I’m thinking sending the mod back to exchange for another one unless some has an answer.

Last edited:

KGB7

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    Ohms won’t stay locked in wattage mode. It either starts to jump up from 0.42 to 0.65 while locked. Or it will unlock it self and ohm will jump to 1.062ohms.

I rebuild the tank 6 times with 2 different wires and it’s still no go.
    I’m using VapeGeek Zeus tank. With 316L and 317L wire.

I think my mod is faulty. It worked for one day and now it’s all over the place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread