Lost Vape Therion DNA75 dual 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyS

Mar 4, 2015
MN
I think they are going wider to accommodate the growing popularity of 24mm+ attys. lost vape has been solid imo. I have their E-Fusion Dna200 Mini and love it. At least in my E-Fusion the build is solid with good materials, good wiring, solid soldering, and a solid paint job. I am personally not a huge fan of wood unless the mod is solid wood. The size of this mod seems about right to me for the build and aesthetics although I am not trading in my E-fusion nor my hcigar VT75 for this.

SammyS

Mar 4, 2015
MN
Speaking of which...
Love this setup...
File_000 (5).jpg

TechnoGeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2016
USA
I agree, seems bigger than it needs to be ...
Depending on the price point, I'm not sure I understand the point DNA75 with dual 18650s....I'd expect pretty much the size of a DNA133....If it's pretty close in price to some DNA200's, or DNA133s, then why....I know this is supposed to be more of a premium device, leather and wood, but......still why not a DNA133... cost difference between the chips isn't much, $20-$30.....

Reactions: jesem

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Depending on the price point, I'm not sure I understand the point DNA75 with dual 18650s....I'd expect pretty much the size of a DNA133....If it's pretty close in price to some DNA200's, or DNA133s, then why....I know this is supposed to be more of a premium device, leather and wood, but......still why not a DNA133... cost difference between the chips isn't much, $20-$30.....

yea it boggles the mind. dual 18650 seems to be a bit overkill for a 75W device. If they had made this into a dna133 I would most def consider it.

Reactions: TechnoGeek

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
i'm thinking you'd be be better off with the efusion duo dna 133/200. that's also dual 18650 (ran in series). The dna 200 board has an efficiency rating of 97%, where as the dna 75 has a rating of only 85%. not to mention 58 more watts at your disposal. if your going down the dual 18650 dna road, might as well be the more efficient (most battery life) efusion duo, think vape box 133 or hcigar vt133.

Last edited:

ispytech

Mar 16, 2014
USA
It might not be a bad idea though. Bringing dual 18650s to a 75 watt device should bring some improved battery life. Of course you could just drop the wattage on the 133. I guess it depends on how you vape. I personally never go past 40 watts. Then again the way I vape a lot of times I never go past 15. Unless I feel like getting rowdy! Lol.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Looks like they're maintaining the same design look as the Triade with the leather battery cover. There's no price on it yet, and maybe they're shooting for a certain price point going with the 75 rather than the 133 (as well as providing more differentiation for the market, bigger difference to choose between the 200 and a 75 than if they used the 133 board) but wanted to offer better battery life. Truthfully, I wouldn't run 75W on a single battery anyway given the poor battery life.

This actually appeals to someone like me who is a low wattage user. I would never get the 200 Triade, but I would consider this model. I have a few 75W single battery mods right now, but none with a DNA chip.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Looks like they're maintaining the same design look as the Triade with the leather battery cover. There's no price on it yet, and maybe they're shooting for a certain price point going with the 75 rather than the 133 (as well as providing more differentiation for the market, bigger difference to choose between the 200 and a 75 than if they used the 133 board) but wanted to offer better battery life. Truthfully, I wouldn't run 75W on a single battery anyway given the poor battery life.

This actually appeals to someone like me who is a low wattage user. I would never get the 200 Triade, but I would consider this model. I have a few 75W single battery mods right now, but none with a DNA chip.
It doesn't make any sense to me. You would get better battery life if they used a DNA200 chip. The 200 is a more efficient chip then the 75 is (97% vs 85%). You can always turn the 200 down (133 watts in dual 18650 mode). The only reason I would get a DNA75 is to save space (single 18650). I just don't get it.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Amps to the coil are divided between the two batteries. Can run some really large 18650's that don't have to have the greatest specs. Small advantage, but it works. I actually like this method better moving into the future. Keeps the battery venting to a minimum.
That would be more advantageous in a mech. In a regulated mod, the batteries feed the chip, then the chip steps up or down voltage and does the inverse to the amperage to feed the coil.

No matter which way the batteries are wired you have the same amount of watt hours and current draw. The only difference is one chip (DNA200) is more efficient so you will get less power loss in heat. So in effect to run the same wattage to the coils, you would need less power from the batteries with the DNA200.

Think of it like this, you want to run at 30 watts. In series with fully charged batteries you would have 8.4v to the chip so you would need 3.57 amps (from each battery) to feed the chip 30 watts.

In parallel the chip would see 4.2v so you would need 7.14 amps split between 2 batteries or 3.57 amps from each battery. No matter how you slice it, it's the same.

Now I didn't take chip losses into effect - with the DNA75 you will have more so you will need a little more current, hence shorter runtime.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit in series voltage adds. In parallel current adds. With half the voltage, you need twice the current.
The chip will always see the voltage that's present and draw the current that it needs.
I (amps) = P (wattage) / E (Voltage)

OhmsLaw.jpg

Last edited:

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
The chip may be able to pull 8.4 volts but my mods don't fire at 8.4 volts unless I have it set high enough to pull that amount. My .18 build at 75W is only firing at 3.72V and 20 amps in my dna 200. That 20 amps (minus the boost circuit of course) is pulling across all of my batteries right? Or am I understanding this wrong?

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
The chip pulls the voltage that's present and the current it needs to satisfy the wattage you dial up. Then the chip steps up or down the voltage and does the inverse to the current. The batteries never sees the resistance of the coil. The chip insulates the battery(s) from the coil(s).

It's two different steps:
1. You set the wattage you want to vape at. The chip gets the voltage that's present and draws the current that's needed to reach your set wattage.
2. The chip now has the power you dialed up and sends it out as needed to the coils by stepping up and down the current and voltage inversely.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers,
Steve

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Quick look by vapn fagan. Device looks pretty for sure, kinda wish it was a DNA133 mod instead of a DNA75 mod.

[edit] seriously, if theres any chance lost vape sees this....either make a single 18650 version of this or a dual 18650 dna133 version of this...I WILL BUY THEM BOTH IF YOU DO.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm a little surprised in that preview to see the estimated price at $129-$149, as you can find a Triade for ~$150. I know the chip is expensive, but if I were going to spend that much, the only reason for getting this version would be the form factor, and I'm not sure that's enough to buy it over the Triade. If it could be found ~$100 I would seriously consider it as the Triade really is too big for my low wattage use. Both sure are pretty and tempting though, but for $129 (the low figure) to $150, I guess I'd take the step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread