Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
I bet it would be easy enough to strip the old leather and glue a new piece in place. Maybe baby ostrich (pimp status)
I was thinking that but how well will ostrich skin stand up to daily use, absorbing hand oils and spilt juice?

I was thinking of Horween leather instead. That ages really well and developes this gorgeous patina over time.

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Crown II - much better than the original, IMO. No leaking, easier to refill, and coils seem quicker to break in. Flavor is on par, if not slightly better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
This is interesting. Someone recommended the Crown to me yesterday so I spent a while checking out reviews on the tube for the Crown 1 & 2. And almost all said the 2 had a serious flavour issue. Have the coils been changed?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
This is officially a sickness...

At least you have stuff in different colors, so it's not like they're all the same.:)

Nice Evolv collection! I really like my Efusion Duo as well. Lost Vape has been turning out some very nice stuff.

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
This is only my DNA 200 mods, probably have another 15-20 random regulated devices. Oddly enough, I don't own a single mech or unregulated box.

They r nice to have , nvr have to worry about it breaking from a drop
At least you have stuff in different colors, so it's not like they're all the same.:)

Nice Evolv collection! I really like my Efusion Duo as well. Lost Vape has been turning out some very nice stuff.

The only issues ive ever heard any of last vapes mods having were firing button issues, but they all feel well built and of quality . I have a few friends that have been using the same dna40 for 2 yrs and still look brand new and perform flawlessly . I cant wait for my therion to be delivered.

Reactions: Eskie

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
This is interesting. Someone recommended the Crown to me yesterday so I spent a while checking out reviews on the tube for the Crown 1 & 2. And almost all said the 2 had a serious flavour issue. Have the coils been changed?

I love the first crown, flavor is as good as it gets with premade coils. It is more consistent than any other subtank, i have yet to have a coil that was bad, and they last at the least a week , but most of the time two.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The only issues ive ever heard any of last vapes mods having were firing button issues, but they all feel well built and of quality . I have a few friends that have been using the same dna40 for 2 yrs and still look brand new and perform flawlessly . I cant wait for my therion to be delivered.

I've read of a funny button on both the Triade and Duo. Both seemed to be user fixed without a problem. I've had zero button problems to date. No rattles, sticking, inconsistency in pressure.

In fairness, outside of a few temperamental or simply poorly made tanks, I've had zero issues with any of my mods, from the little Pico to the DNA 200s. I'm sure I'll eventually hit a problem, but as far as mods go I've been lucky to date.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I want the 75 and 200 watt versions of this. But it looks like I will have to wait. If that's even an option after 8/8/16.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Anything that's on the market on 8/8/16 will still be allowed to remain for 2 years, so no nasty cutoff on that particular day.

Reactions: Haylon357

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
OK so i borrowed a PC and installed escribe to configure the therion. I made all the changes that i wished for earlier in this thread with some good helpful advice. But I'm stuck on the battery settings. This is a rather unique device with 2 18650's running in parallel. what would be the proper settings?

Reactions: Eskie

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
OK so i borrowed a PC and installed escribe to configure the therion. I made all the changes that i wished for earlier in this thread with some good helpful advice. But I'm stuck on the battery settings. This is a rather unique device with 2 18650's running in parallel. what would be the proper settings?
I'm not sure if Escribe for the DNA75 lets you add Watt Hours. If they do since it's a dual 18650 mod wired in parallel it wound be Nominal voltage of 3.7v and mah of 2 times the rating of the batteries.
EX For two LG HG2's it would be 3.7x 6000 /1000 = 22.2 Watt Hours
For two Samsung 25R's (or any 2500mah batteries) it would be 18.5 WH.

PS It's the same whether they are wired in series or parallel. Series has twice the voltage. Parallel has twice the capacity (mah)

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I dont see any place to put watt hours. I changed battery type from lipo to lion 18650. It didnt ask for mah. The only voltage was for min threshold which i set to 3.4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've been told that you can't set watt hours yet for the DNA75. I don't have one to check but it came from a reliable source. I guess the 75 runs the battery bar/meter directly off the cell(s) voltage. I don't think you are missing it, I believe it's just not there.

Cheers,
Steve

TeeJ911

May 20, 2012
WA
Anyone that has the Therion confirm that on the charging screen while plugged in it does not show the current of the charge. I have a VT200 and it shows what the device is getting for a charge. (IE. .8amps when battery is fairly low or .1 when nearing full charge). The mod is charging fine, just something I noticed and wanted to be sure it is a Therion thing and not just mine.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Anyone that has the Therion confirm that on the charging screen while plugged in it does not show the current of the charge. I have a VT200 and it shows what the device is getting for a charge. (IE. .8amps when battery is fairly low or .1 when nearing full charge). The mod is charging fine, just something I noticed and wanted to be sure it is a Therion thing and not just mine.
This is from the DNA200 version of Escribe but I believe the 75 is the same. Hook up your mod to Escribe, click on the Screen Tab at the top of Escribe and select what you want to see in your charging display via the drop down boxes. While your in there change anything you might feel like in the Running screens. Don't forget after you are done to click on "Upload Settings to Device" (It's at the top of Escribe) to save the changes to your mod.

PS Make sure the charging brightness is set above 0

upload_2016-7-18_13-38-27.png

Cheers,
Steve

TeeJ911

May 20, 2012
WA
This is from the DNA200 version of Escribe but I believe the 75 is the same. Hook up your mod to Escribe, click on the Screen Tab at the top of Escribe and select what you want to see in your charging display via the drop down boxes. While your in there change anything you might feel like in the Running screens. Don't forget after you are done to click on "Upload Settings to Device" (It's at the top of Escribe) to save the changes to your mod.

PS Make sure the charging brightness is set above 0

View attachment 579763

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks you Steve. Did all that and it actually does show up on the screen but just says 0.0. It is ok if this is the case as the Therion has a blinking LED that blinks red for charging and then yellow/green when fully charged. My guess is the wiring of the led took away that feature on the screen. Not a big deal really, I just liked it on my VT133.

I love this thing though. I truly have no need to be over 75watts and the build quality on this thing is great. Love the idea of 18650s instead of lipos. If anyone is on the fence about buying this and you really don't need anything over 75W you know you deserve to treat yourself.

Cheers!
TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread