hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello. Today I’m here to talk about the new lost vape Ursa Baby Pod Kit. It’s the latest release in the Ursa series of devices. I have previously tested and liked the original Ursa mod kit, the Ursa Mini pod mod, and the Ursa Nano pod kit. So, you’re probably wondering what’s different about this one. The first thing is the shape. This one follows the trend of having a square shape where the pod sits inside and only a portion of the pod and the mouthpiece stick out of the top. lost vape was nice enough to provide two of the Baby kits for my review which is nice since the kits only include one pod. The Baby has an 800mah built in battery with an output range of 9-18 watts depending on which pod is used due to its smart pod detection. The pods are 2.5ml which is a good size and a little larger than the standard 2ml I’m used to seeing on a device like this. That’s enough for now. Let’s see what’s in the kit and check some promotional images then I’ll give my thoughts on it.

3LQAN8Z.jpg

Bg0a8Hp.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1pc Ursa Baby Pod Device
    1pc 0.8ohm Ursa Nano Pod (2.5ml)
    1pc Type-C Charging Cable
    1pc Lanyard
    1pc User Manual
    1pc Warranty Card

BMRl6Iv.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Power Range: 9-18W

Capacity: 2.5ml

Battery: built-in 800mah

Type C Charging

Side Adjustable Airflow

Smart Pod Dection

Dimension(Mod): 47*16*68.5mm

Compatible with Ursa Nano Pod

0.8ohm & 1.0ohm cartridge

3 Colors LED Indicator Light

Package: Gift Box

ZHpNUz5.jpg

xqu5iU1.jpg

wqFWO2k.jpg

pOO6jiX.jpg

oMjbJzN.jpg

vI7qEEc.jpg

kY2nvp0.jpg

P3O25Po.jpg

ip79kHU.jpg

ciJHBNL.jpg

XjhPACm.jpg

8et0KiA.jpg

6cP6HST.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging on the Ursa Baby is rather simple but nice. I like how it has the clear viewing window so you can easily see the color and design of the device inside. On the back is a list of contents along with an authenticity code, label telling which version is inside, and company information.

upload_2022-5-6_11-9-36.png

I received two kits for review purposes and am glad that I did. It allowed me to test an RY4 cream recipe in one and a mint recipe in the other. The reason I say this is that included in each kit is the Baby mod, lanyard, USB-C charging cable, and only one .8 ohm pod which is pre-installed. I’ve never agreed with only sending one pod in a kit. If that one is bad or not working correctly then the customer has nothing to use until they can either return it or find more pods. I don’t know how popular the lanyards are but I never use them and would have rather had another pod instead of the lanyard.

upload_2022-5-6_11-10-30.png

The Ursa Baby is actually a little larger in person than I thought it would be with the “Baby” name but is still small enough to easily carry in a pocket. On either side is an insert that I think is supposed to look like an electronic circuit or something but reminds me of a spider. I like how the body is clear and you can see the electronics inside. There are two LED’s that illuminate and pulse on and off while taking a puff. It also illuminates when charging the battery level indication is Red <3.7V <Blue 3.9V<Green. The Baby also has a few warning indications as follows.

Low Battery: LED indicator will flash for 10 times and the output will

automatically cut off once the battery voltage below 3.3v before use or

lower than 3.0v when using.

Short Circuit: LED indicator will flash 3 times when short-circuit

occurred.

Open-circuit: when no atomizer detected or open-circuit occurred, the

indicator will flash for 3 times.

Over 10s: LED indicator will flash for 5 times and no power output when
    you vape over 10s continuously.

upload_2022-5-6_11-11-46.png

There is not a fire button on the Baby. It is auto draw only which I prefer on a device with this type of square shape. Fire buttons on this design tend to be awkward to fire in my opinion. What appears to be a fire button in the picture below is actually a sliding airflow control. The small knob sticking out makes it very easy to adjust the airflow but the slide itself is very stiff as to not accidentally move when taking in and out of a pocket.

upload_2022-5-6_11-12-37.png

The USB-C charging port is on the bottom of the Baby. It has an 800mah battery internally and even though I have not seen where they say what the charging rate is, I know it charged in less than an hour. I didn’t time it though.

upload_2022-5-6_11-13-25.png

The opening for inserting the pod in the top has two strong magnets along with two gold plated contacts to power the coil in the pod. There are three holes on one side that I assume is the airflow inlet that leads to the adjuster. There is also a rectangular opening on the opposite side . The bottom of the pod has two offset holes on the bottom along with magnets. The offset holes allow the airflow of the pod to not only provide air for the puff but also to activate the auto draw sensor. Also on the left side of the top of the mod is a notch opening that allows you to install the lanyard if you so choose.

upload_2022-5-6_11-14-17.png

upload_2022-5-6_11-14-39.png

Like I mentioned earlier, the kit only came with one pod but there is another pod that is compatible with the Baby which is a 1.0 ohm resistance. It has an output range of 9-18 watts depending on the pod used. The included pod is .8 ohms and is a side fill pod. Both pods have a 2.5ml capacity. The rubber stopper does rotate out of the way to make it more convenient for filling. I was able to hold the pod at approximately 45 degrees and fill the pod completely with no mess using a 50ml plastic bottle. The pod itself is somewhat tinted but I was able to see my liquid level without much trouble.

upload_2022-5-6_11-15-28.png

upload_2022-5-6_11-15-55.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

In my opinion the Ursa Baby is a great little pocket carry pod device. The auto fire only is a good fit not only for smokers looking to make the switch to vaping but also convenient for pocket carrying since there is not a button to worry about pressing by accident. I definitely like that the airflow is adjustable. I think adjustable airflow should be a requirement on all pod devices. The adjustment on this one allows the user to go from a tight MTL to what I would call a loose MTL or RDL depending on your style of vaping.

I didn’t notice much if any difference in the performance of the output when it went from green to blue and only noticed a slight difference when the output got low enough to go to red on the LED. The flavor production was good but not rda good. It was pretty good for a pod device. I was able to go through a whole pod and a little out of the next one before the LED turned red which would equate to about 3ml of liquid run through before hitting red. Red doesn’t mean it’s dead but it’s getting low. I tend to charge once I hit the red. I felt like the battery held up well for using a .8 ohm pod.

So, would I recommend the Ursa Baby to you? Well if you would like a small pocket carry pod with good flavor and quite a bit of vapor production for a small unit as well as having adjustable airflow then yes I would.

I’d like to thank Lost Vape and Antonia for sending the Lost Vape Ursa Baby pod system for this review. As always, thank you to the readers for hanging around until the end. Below is a link to the website.

Ursa Baby Pod Kit – Lost Vape

upload_2022-5-6_11-17-3.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Very nice review Hitt, it looks good and having a airflow adjustment feature sparks my intrest.

Thanks Bob. It’s really a good little pod for pocket carrying. I carried it in my work jeans front pocket all week at work.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I enjoy your reviews immensely. Whereas this is quite cute, I do not like the clear body that shows the innards. Yes, I have been told I am odd. (I prefer unique though) View attachment 974157

Thanks. Not everyone likes the same thing. No harm in that.

• Agree
    Reactions: Rat2chat2

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have 2 of these. I also have 3 Ursa Nano systems and I think it/they are the best pod systems out. The flavor is right on and I really have grown fond of the tiny size. The entire Ursa series is damn perfect.

I would say their pods are probably in the top three of ones I’ve reviewed.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have and i love it..Small but great i also own the nano and the fact that the both takes the same coil is a plus cause i love the nano as well they both has been my go to

Just curious, so are those two your main devices? I like pods for occasional use but use mostly mods with rdas and rtas.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    No i use mods with rdas and rtas as well but i use them with nic salt so i wont go back to them stinkys and these are really doing what i need them to do

I'm glad to hear that they are keeping you from going back. I tried salts when they first came out but just preferred regular nic base.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review, Hit! Lanyards were a thing for a while but I guess not so popular, since I rarely see them anymore. I think I’d like this for yard work- I’ve run over a few devices that fell out of my pocket while mowing lol.

Thanks. I’ve just never been a fan of lanyards but can see where they could be handy.

Reactions: DeloresRose
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread