Lost Vape URSA Quest Kit Review by Aliraonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
This time I am reviewing the Ursa Quest Multi Kit, sent to me by lost vape. This is what I call a MacGyver kit, you will see why very soon. Once again, I am happy to share once again my personal opinions with our vaping community.

First some information taken from lost vape website. Picture attached.

all without coils.jpg
Here is the link in case you want to know more:

Ursa Quest Multi Kit – Lost Vape

Inside the Box
  • Lost Vape Ursa Quest Mod
  • Ursa Pro Pod with 810 Drip tip – Capacity 7ml
  • Ursa Pod with 510 Drip tip - Capacity 6ml
  • 510 Adaptor
  • UB Pro P1 Coil 0.15ohm – Rated for 70-90W (for use with Ursa Pro Pod)
  • UB M4 Coil 0.2ohm – Rated for 40-60W (for use with Ursa Pod)
  • Airflow Control Base (Pre-installed)
  • 18650 Battery Adaptor
  • Spare O-rings
  • Type C USB Cable
  • Warranty Card
  • User manual
IMG_0712.JPG

As extras I also received:
  • UB Pro P3 Coil 0.3ohm (SS904) – Rated for 60-70W/260-290C/500-550F (for use with Ursa Pro Pod)
  • UB M2 Coil 0.2ohm – Rated for 20-28W (for use with Ursa Pod)
  • UB MTL Coil 1.0ohm – Rated for 8-15W (for use with Ursa Pod)
  • UB Pro RBA Deck – DIY Resistance Range 0.15-0.3 ohm (for use with Ursa Pro Pod)

Mod

The URSA Quest Kit is the latest entry to the Quest series from Lost Vape, it has a zinc alloy frame with either genuine leather or solid wood to form an elegant and stunning kit. It offers Ukiran, Crocodile, Embossed leather (the latest is a limited-edition series) and Wood Series. Mine is the SS Purple-Heart Wood.

It offers a new generation of the Quest chip with additional three boost levels, two vape styles and three user records for a highly customised vaping experience. The URSA Quest kit gives a maximum power of 100W, larger capacity pods, a 510 adaptor which can take up to 30mm tanks without overhang, and a new series of coils (UB Pro Coils) and a larger RBA coil. The mod can take one 21700, or 20700 and 18650 with the battery adaptor.

At the top we have the pod. At the front it has at the top one of two buttons to unlock the pod/510 adaptor, under that we have a big and clickly fire button, a 0.96” TFT colour screen, below the screen are the up/select/down buttons and the USB C port. On one side at the top is the airflow control ring, the purple-heart wood and at the bottom left side “Lost Vape” branding, at the back at the top is the other button to unlock the pod/510 adaptor. On the opposite side it has airflow control ring, the purple-heart wood and at the bottom right side “URSA Quest” branding. At the bottom it has a screw one battery door with vents, and it has clear markings for battery polarity. I just wish the minus sign would have been coloured.

IMG_713.JPG

The URSA has a two buttons release/clip system with spring loaded clips which secure the pods and 510 adaptor in place. The connector in between the spring-loaded clips is a proprietary one, it has an excellent connection with the pod and the 510 adaptor.

To release the pod or 510 adaptor you must press both buttons at the same time and to place a pod or 510 adaptor hold them together and press down the pod/adaptor to make sure they click in place.

NOTE: The user should make sure it is connected properly, if you see any gap press the button and push down the pod/510 adaptor until there is none. I did see a gap on one side, it still worked fine but I like to play it safe, so I made sure to push down that side until there was no gap at all.

In saying so this could be a problem of the pre released versions and it might not be an issue with the retail ones.

IMG_0766.jpg

Also, worth mentioning that the kit comes with only one airflow control base which screw on the pod, so if you want to swap pods between the Ursa Pro pod and Ursa pod you need to unscrew the airflow control base and screw it onto the other pod. It would have been great if they provided one for each pod in the kit.

IMG_0711.JPG

Info exploded view.jpg
The display on the mod is simple, bright, and easy to use. Love the select button which eliminate the need to use the fire button for selecting options.

To on and off the mod press fire button five times.

To change between the menu options, you press the select button, once what the user wants to change is highlighted in red (mode interface) using the up or down button you can move between the different options on the screen, if power is selected, press select again and using the up and down will give the following options:
  • Power – 5W to 100W
  • Bypass
  • Voltage
  • VPC
  • NI (TC)
  • TI (TC)
  • SS316 (TC)
  • SS904 (TC)
Once in the mode interface if you press the select button will move to the options under each one, up and down buttons to change for example temperature. To exit the mode interface, press the select button.

If back to the main menu using the select button and user there three different personalised settings can be saved and retrieved at any time.

Modes LV and mine.jpg

In the main menu, once the Pod is highlighted red you can change it to mod and use the 510 adaptor. Also, you can change the boost mode from Soft to Normal or Hard. If you select settings, you will see the following:
  • Atomizer – Information
  • Screen – Adjust brightness
  • User – Set three user records to provide a highly customised vaping experience
  • Reset
  • About – Firmware Version
  • Back
If buttons up and down are pressed at the same time it locks and unlock the device while the mod is still able to fire.

IMG_0707.JPG

Ursa Pods

The URSA Ques comes with two pods Ursa Pro Pod (7ml) with 810 Drip tip and the Ursa Pod (6ml) with 510 Drip tip, uses press fit coils and it has a rubber plug on the side of the pods to fill, the fill port is large so I didn’t experience any problem filling the pods. If the user wants to use their own can fit those drip tips with O-rings on them.

The adjustable airflow base screw on at the base of the pods. The pods are slightly tinted but I can still see the juice level, it can be harder with low light or at night.

Mine and coils.jpg

The coils provided including the extras are:
  • UB Pro P3 Coil 0.3ohm (SS904) – Rated for 60-70W/260-290C/500-550F (for use with Ursa Pro Pod)
Always remember to prime coils first, press fit the coil into the base, then screw on the airflow base, fill with juice of your choice, and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Just to make sure the coil is fully saturated.

I used first the UB Pro coils, this are mostly DL coils, at those high watts the vape became too warm for my liking. In saying so the flavour was excellent and for sure both are cloud room fillers.

With the UB coils (which are used in previous devices like Orion, Gemini and Thelema), there is a wider wattage range available, so I could use and adjust the airflow with the knob to my require airflow for a not to warm RDL. They are good but flavour wise the UB Pro coils have the edge here. The UB Coil 1.0ohm is the only MTL coil, I am not a MTL vaper, but I will call it a loose MTL.

Both coils series are great, but I prefer the UB Series so far, mainly because these coils allowed me to vape at lower wattage with a cooler vape.

UB Pro RBA Deck and 510 Adaptor

The 510 adaptor will allow you to use this device as a mod and attach any tank of your choice up to 30mm, well-constructed, solid and with Lost Vape branding on both visible sides.

The UB Pro RBA deck came with a 510 adapter to build on, test resistance, dry burn and get rid of hot spots (this is great to see), also came with two pre-made coils, spare O-rings, additional screws and two shoelace cotton strips.

This DIY coil is a single coil RDA it features bottom airflow, the provided coils is 3mm ID, I made sure the coil was centre over the bottom airflow and slightly raised, dry burned and got rid of any hot spots, then I used one of the provided shoelace cottons, cut to the bottom edge of the wicking ports (blue O-ring), thinned the wicks by fluffing them. Wet them to get it started, placed the top threaded ring. I am now using this RBA deck on the Ursa Pro pod. Wicks great, no dry hits and I can control better the wattage and airflow I want to satisfy my vaping style. Great flavour and plenty clouds.

I have to say this RBA was easy to build on and is an excellent choice if you don’t have stock coils or prefer to build your own.

IMG_0704.JPG

URSA Quest Kit
Positives

• As always excellent construction and finish.
  • The new chipset is fast and very responsive.
  • Fast firing up to 100W.
  • Takes 21700, 20700 and 18650 batteries (with adaptor).
  • Menu is colourful, easy to see and use with plenty options to suit all users.
  • Two pods – UB Pro and UB pod.
  • 510 adaptor – turn the device into a mod and it can take up 30mm tanks.
  • Available RBA coil – Easy to build on.
  • Coils have excellent flavour.
  • Versatile and compatibility with previous coils which is very convenient.
  • Airflow control.
  • Select button.
  • A wide variety of coils available.
  • Can use other 810 and 510 drip tips with O-rings.
  • No leaks.
Negatives
  • Only one airflow base included since there are two pods two airflows would have been ideal.
  • Sometimes when fitting the pods, it might be a slight gap.

In conclusion, I would really recommend Lost Vape Ursa Quest Kit, is a very versatile device (a MacGyver kit). Stunning looking mod with several designs to please every vaper in term of taste. It has plenty of accessories to cover a wide range of vaping styles and preferences, pod/mod, and a several coils available including an RBA coil which I love. We all know how Lost Vape produce gorgeous looking mods and this is no exception. Well done.

I would like to thank @LostVape_Official and Chloe from Lost Vape for sending this amazing device for me to review and share with the community.

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020
This time I am reviewing the Ursa Quest Multi Kit, sent to me by Lost Vape. This is what I call a MacGyver kit, you will see why very soon. Once again, I am happy to share once again my personal opinions with our vaping community.

First some information taken from Lost Vape website. Picture attached.

Inside the Box
  • 510 Adaptor
  • 18650 Battery Adaptor
  • Spare O-rings
  • Type C USB Cable
  • Warranty Card
  • User manual
View attachment 923691

• UB Pro RBA Deck – DIY Resistance Range 0.15-0.3 ohm (for use with Ursa Pro Pod)

Mod

The URSA Quest Kit is the latest entry to the Quest series from Lost Vape, it has a zinc alloy frame with either genuine leather or solid wood to form an elegant and stunning kit. It offers Ukiran, Crocodile, Embossed leather (the latest is a limited-edition series) and Wood Series. Mine is the SS Purple-Heart Wood.

It offers a new generation of the Quest chip with additional three boost levels, two vape styles and three user records for a highly customised vaping experience. The URSA Quest kit gives a maximum power of 100W, larger capacity pods, a 510 adaptor which can take up to 30mm tanks without overhang, and a new series of coils (UB Pro Coils) and a larger RBA coil. The mod can take one 21700, or 20700 and 18650 with the battery adaptor.

At the top we have the pod. At the front it has at the top one of two buttons to unlock the pod/510 adaptor, under that we have a big and clickly fire button, a 0.96” TFT colour screen, below the screen are the up/select/down buttons and the USB C port. On one side at the top is the airflow control ring, the purple-heart wood and at the bottom left side “Lost Vape” branding, at the back at the top is the other button to unlock the pod/510 adaptor. On the opposite side it has airflow control ring, the purple-heart wood and at the bottom right side “URSA Quest” branding. At the bottom it has a screw one battery door with vents, and it has clear markings for battery polarity. I just wish the minus sign would have been coloured.

The URSA has a two buttons release/clip system with spring loaded clips which secure the pods and 510 adaptor in place. The connector in between the spring-loaded clips is a proprietary one, it has an excellent connection with the pod and the 510 adaptor.

To release the pod or 510 adaptor you must press both buttons at the same time and to place a pod or 510 adaptor hold them together and press down the pod/adaptor to make sure they click in place.

NOTE: The user should make sure it is connected properly, if you see any gap press the button and push down the pod/510 adaptor until there is none. I did see a gap on one side, it still worked fine but I like to play it safe, so I made sure to push down that side until there was no gap at all.

In saying so this could be a problem of the pre released versions and it might not be an issue with the retail ones.

Also, worth mentioning that the kit comes with only one airflow control base which screw on the pod, so if you want to swap pods between the Ursa Pro pod and Ursa pod you need to unscrew the airflow control base and screw it onto the other pod. It would have been great if they provided one for each pod in the kit.

The display on the mod is simple, bright, and easy to use. Love the select button which eliminate the need to use the fire button for selecting options.

To change between the menu options, you press the select button, once what the user wants to change is highlighted in red (mode interface) using the up or down button you can move between the different options on the screen, if power is selected, press select again and using the up and down will give the following options:
  • Power – 5W to 100W
  • Bypass
  • Voltage
  • VPC
  • NI (TC)
  • TI (TC)
  • SS316 (TC)
  • SS904 (TC)
Once in the mode interface if you press the select button will move to the options under each one, up and down buttons to change for example temperature. To exit the mode interface, press the select button.

If back to the main menu using the select button and user there three different personalised settings can be saved and retrieved at any time.

In the main menu, once the Pod is highlighted red you can change it to mod and use the 510 adaptor. Also, you can change the boost mode from Soft to Normal or Hard. If you select settings, you will see the following:
  • Atomizer – Information
  • User – Set three user records to provide a highly customised vaping experience
  • Reset
  • Back
If buttons up and down are pressed at the same time it locks and unlock the device while the mod is still able to fire.

Ursa Pods

The URSA Ques comes with two pods Ursa Pro Pod (7ml) with 810 Drip tip and the Ursa Pod (6ml) with 510 Drip tip, uses press fit coils and it has a rubber plug on the side of the pods to fill, the fill port is large so I didn’t experience any problem filling the pods. If the user wants to use their own can fit those drip tips with O-rings on them.

The adjustable airflow base screw on at the base of the pods. The pods are slightly tinted but I can still see the juice level, it can be harder with low light or at night.

Always remember to prime coils first, press fit the coil into the base, then screw on the airflow base, fill with juice of your choice, and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Just to make sure the coil is fully saturated.

I used first the UB Pro coils, this are mostly DL coils, at those high watts the vape became too warm for my liking. In saying so the flavour was excellent and for sure both are cloud room fillers.

With the UB coils (which are used in previous devices like Orion, Gemini and Thelema), there is a wider wattage range available, so I could use and adjust the airflow with the knob to my require airflow for a not to warm RDL. They are good but flavour wise the UB Pro coils have the edge here. The UB Coil 1.0ohm is the only MTL coil, I am not a MTL vaper, but I will call it a loose MTL.

Both coils series are great, but I prefer the UB Series so far, mainly because these coils allowed me to vape at lower wattage with a cooler vape.

The 510 adaptor will allow you to use this device as a mod and attach any tank of your choice up to 30mm, well-constructed, solid and with Lost Vape branding on both visible sides.

The UB Pro RBA deck came with a 510 adapter to build on, test resistance, dry burn and get rid of hot spots (this is great to see), also came with two pre-made coils, spare O-rings, additional screws and two shoelace cotton strips.

This DIY coil is a single coil RDA it features bottom airflow, the provided coils is 3mm ID, I made sure the coil was centre over the bottom airflow and slightly raised, dry burned and got rid of any hot spots, then I used one of the provided shoelace cottons, cut to the bottom edge of the wicking ports (blue O-ring), thinned the wicks by fluffing them. Wet them to get it started, placed the top threaded ring. I am now using this RBA deck on the Ursa Pro pod. Wicks great, no dry hits and I can control better the wattage and airflow I want to satisfy my vaping style. Great flavour and plenty clouds.

I have to say this RBA was easy to build on and is an excellent choice if you don’t have stock coils or prefer to build your own.

URSA Quest Kit
Positives

• Airflow control.
  • Select button.
  • No leaks.
Negatives
  • Only one airflow base included since there are two pods two airflows would have been ideal.

In conclusion, I would really recommend Lost Vape Ursa Quest Kit, is a very versatile device (a MacGyver kit). Stunning looking mod with several designs to please every vaper in term of taste. It has plenty of accessories to cover a wide range of vaping styles and preferences, pod/mod, and a several coils available including an RBA coil which I love. We all know how Lost Vape produce gorgeous looking mods and this is no exception. Well done.

I would like to thank @LostVape_Official and Chloe from Lost Vape for sending this amazing device for me to review and share with the community.

Highly insightfull and very well done. Excellent review.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Another comprehensive and well thought out review. All of the pics you took and included made it even better :thumbs:

After owning and loving the Grus 100w, I was curious about this device. I love how it can be used as a straight pod mod, or a rba pod mod, or as a 21700 510 pin stunning mod.

I love the improvements in the Quest chip too, especially the preheat/boost feature and the user records.

stabwood is good

ECF Veteran
    Oct 17, 2020
    This time I am reviewing the Ursa Quest Multi Kit, sent to me by Lost Vape. This is what I call a MacGyver kit, you will see why very soon. Once again, I am happy to share once again my personal opinions with our vaping community.

First some information taken from Lost Vape website. Picture attached.

Inside the Box
    • 510 Adaptor
    • 18650 Battery Adaptor
    • Spare O-rings
    • Type C USB Cable
    • Warranty Card
    • User manual
    View attachment 923691

Mod

• Power – 5W to 100W
    • Bypass
    • Voltage
    • VPC
    • NI (TC)
    • TI (TC)
    • SS316 (TC)
    • SS904 (TC)

• Atomizer – Information
    • Reset
    • Back

Ursa Pods

URSA Quest Kit
    Positives

• Airflow control.
    • Select button.
    • No leaks.
    Negatives

Oh man. Now you’ve gone and done it. I’m going to dip into my wallet for vape gear so early in the new year. :cry: Then again :headbang:

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    A likely candidate for a New Year purchase. Is there a suggested retail price?

Some overseas one the price is around $60 USD, US stores awake as Lost Vape store $79 something. I will say it worth to add the RBA coil deck around $10. Most places are in ore order status, lost vape store has it not in pre order.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    It really looks like a great device. I pre ordered one and it shipped a couple days ago. I added the rba but they didn’t have the 510 adapter yet that I saw.

Hitt the 510 adapter for the mod comes with the set (picture if my box bottom left that’s the 510 adapter) if that’s the one you mention. The rba coil also comes with the 510 adapter to get rid of hot spots in the coils etc

hope this helps :)

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hitt the 510 adapter for the mod comes with the set (picture if my box bottom left that’s the 510 adapter) if that’s the one you mention. The rba coil also comes with the 510 adapter to get rid of hot spots in the coils etc

hope this helps :)

I’ll have to look again to see what was included. I thought the rba and adapter were sold separately.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    I’ll have to look again to see what was included. I thought the rba and adapter were sold separately.

The rba is sold separately and it comes with a little 510 for the rba coil and it is totally worth it imo.

The one included in the kit is the big 510 adapter to use the ursa with any tank (mod) instead that just using the pod.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The rba is sold separately and it comes with a little 510 for the rba coil and it is totally worth it imo.

The one included in the kit is the big 510 adapter to use the ursa with any tank (mod) instead that just using the pod.

I ordered the kit and the rba separate so I should be good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread