Lotus RTA by HugsVape - Best Dual Coil RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneVape_Review

Jan 21, 2019
Malaysia

Lotus rta by HugsVape

INTRODUCTION
HugsVape, a company most of us had never heard of ( that time ), came out with a flavor banger rta out of nowhere - The Lotus rta. It is a dual coil, 24mm diameter base with a half piped style build deck and delivers you with an excellent flavor and a good amount of vapor production. Have you ever wonder why it's named the Lotus? This is because of the lotus lookalike build deck and drip tip. The build deck is shaped like a lotus when it is opened, and the drip tip shaped like a lotus when it is closed. That is a pretty creative name they gave to the Lotus RTA. How well does the lotus performs? Let me explain and show you some of the pictures I took below.

Lotus Shaped Delrin Drip Tip

SPECIFICATIONS
DIMENSIONS
Diameter : 24 mm
Height ( w/o drip tip ) : 43.85 mm
Height ( w/ drip tip ) : 51.85 mm
Outer Diameter of Drip Tip - 16.26 mm

WEIGHT
157 g

CAPACITY
Straight Glass - 2 ml
Bubble Glass - 5 ml

PRODUCT MATERIAL
Stainless Steel
Glass
Delrin

COLORS

Black
Gun Metal
Stainless Steel
Gold
Rainbow

IN THE BOX
1 x Lotus RTA
1 x Bubble Glass
1 x 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1 x Flat Head Screwdriver
4 x Flat Head Screws
3 x O-Rings
1 x User Manual
1 x Silica Gel Pack

Packaging

In The Box

AESTHETICS
The aesthetics of the Lotus RTA looks a little odd to me. Maybe it is just me, but the drip tip and the outer appearance seems weird to me. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is ugly, it's just something about it made me feel that way. The 24 mm base fits on all my mods and it looks great when I match it with all of them. The interior of the chamber is one of the most domed shaped RTA I have ever seen which will help improve in flavor.

Domed Chamber

BUILD QUALITY
When I first took it out of the box and unscrewed the tank apart, there's machining oil on both the build deck and inside of the chamber. I took care of it by throwing them into the ultrasonic cleaner. I have been using the Louts RTA for a month now, and not a single paint chip / drop can be seen. All the o-rings are working and sealing perfectly fine, not so much of a tension when placing and taking out the glass tank. The top cap is more on a unique side, instead of sliding to fill, you push the cap and lift it up. For me personally, the top cap hasn't opened on me before. Threading are smooth all across be it screwing and unscrewing of the atomizer or on and off the mod. I have no issues with the flat head screws as I always like to screw them in tightly and never once had they stripped on me. The airflow control restriction is on the loose side so it may adjust in your bag or pocket which most of you are going to hate.

EASE OF USE
The Lotus RTA is generally easy to use as it only consists of 4 different parts: Build deck, glass tank, chimney / topcap, and delrin drip tip. There aren't any sophisticated parts designed for this tank so everything about it should be quite general. Installing a 3mm ID coil might be a little squeezy on the build deck, it is not not bearable, but is still workable on. The build deck is definitely a coil-friendly kind of build deck as it wouldn't mess up your flat coils because of how the coil leg inserts are designed and placed.

Different Parts of the Lotus RTA

BUILD DECK
The 'Lotus-shaped' build deck is a half piped style build deck with 3 wide air holes on each side of it. They called the 3 wide air holes on each side the "Air Conditioner Slot Style Airflow System". When vaped, the air will travel through both the airflow, then out from those air holes hitting the side and bottom of the coils which they claimed to deliver big clouds and excellent flavor.

Lotus Styled Build Deck with Air Conditioner Slot Style Airflow System

INSTALLATION OF COILS
For me personally, I use 3mm ID coils with a leg length of 4.5mm. I once cut to a 5mm leg length and it shorted on me. So I would recommend 4.5mm and below ( not too short to a point that your coil is touching the build deck ) if you are planning to use 3mm ID coils. Installation of the coils is really simple, snip to your desired leg length, then install the coil in one side of the build deck and screw it down lightly. Adjust the coil if needed. Do the same step for the other coil. Once done, screw down all the screws tightly and make a final adjustment. Make sure both coils are being adjusted near the air holes to ensure that air is hitting both the side and bottom of the coil. Finally, remove all the hot spots and you are ready to put your wick!

WICKING
Inserting the cotton doesn't require much effort. Just do like how you would normally do on rebuildables. Cut the cotton to your desired size depending on the coil's ID. Once inserted, make sure to thin out the ends of both sides. The ends must sit perfectly on the wicking channel without any bulge. Dry hits will only occur when there is too much cotton on it so ensure that you are not choking the juice flow channel. I did not encounter any leaking issues from the Lotus RTA. I am sure this RTA is hard to leak unless you screw up somewhere during the process. The Lotus RTA keeps up in wicking and it allows me to chain vape without any problems.

Wicking Channel

AIRFLOW
The airflow is so smooth all across the board and isn't loud. No whistling or "I want to whistle" could be heard when the airflow is closed down to 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4. I still have to mention this again - the airflow control is too loose!

FLAVOR AND VAPOR PRODUCTION
As mentioned earlier on, the Lotus RTA is seriously a flavor banger! No matter which flavor ejuice I used, I can taste what I am supposed to taste, 100% clean flavor. But this also depends on how you adjust your coils. Vapor production is great too! It's seriously one of the best tank in 2018. Both flavor and vapor productions are excellent, who doesn't want it, right?

SUMMARY
The Lotus has a 24mm diameter base and is a dual coil RTA. It has a half-pipe styled build deck with 3 "air conditioner slot style airflow system" on each side. Aesthetics of it looks a little weird without screwing on to a mod but looks perfectly fine on top of a mod. Build quality such as paint job, threading, o-ring restrictions are all great but the airflow is loose and there is a bit of machining oil when it first came out of the box. It is a user friendly RTA that only has only 4 simple parts without any sophistication. The build deck is a little squeezy but at least it won't mess with your flat coil legs. 3mm ID is the ideal size for me with a leg length of 4.5mm and below as 5mm will cause a short. The Lotus RTA wicks like a champ without causing any dry hits and you can chain vape on it all day long. Airflow is as smooth as butter without any whistles all across the board. Lastly, flavour and vapor production are excellent. I will repeat this one last time, FLAVOR BANGER RTA! It is definitely one of the best RTA of 2018 IMO.

If I lose the Lotus RTA today, will I get another one for myself tomorrow? Yup, definitely. Even if I loose it again I will still buy it. I might even buy another one to use. That is how good it is to me.

PROS
  • Excellent Flavor
  • Great Vapor Production
  • Build Quality
  • Easy to Use
  • Superb Wicking
  • Smooth Airflow
  • Coil-Friendly Build Deck
CONS
  • Loose Airflow Control
  • Build Deck is A Little Squeezy ( Subjective )

Thank you for taking the time to read my review on the Lotus RTA by HugsVape. This is TheOneVape_Review, signing off.

REVIEWER DISCLAIMER: I only type reviews during my free time so some products may take quite some time to be posted up. All products are used for 2 weeks or more.

PRODUCT DISCLAIMER: The Lotus RTA is not sponsored by any companies or shops. All products I reviewed are bought with my own money.

PICTURE DISCLAIMER: All pictures posted in my threads are purely taken by me and only me. Do not use without my acknowledgment or giving any credits.

Reactions: bigbob2322
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread