Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I generally find Amazon Prime Days somewhat maddening .. it just seems like you have to sift through for hours at a time .. maybe it's just me ..

However, I have been thinking about getting a tablet .. and this one is in my cart .. any thoughts .. ??

Amazon Official Site: Fire HD 10 tablet, 10.1", 1080p Full HD
I've had a few Fire tablets, and like them for what they are. Amazon has their own "app store" so unless you can/want to sideload google play and non-amazon android apps, you will be somewhat limited on what you can do. I use my PC or my phone if I need something more that what the Fire tablet does. I couldn't justify the extra money for a Samsung Galaxy Tab or something similar just to run android apps.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Oh no! That sounds horrible. I have heard many times that people who have finally given in and gotten the knee replacement are sorry they waited so long.

View attachment 946577

Have you tried the nose strips? They actually did help Mike before we got the Cpap.
Tried the strips. Did nothing.

Heard the same thing about the knee surgery but also heard from many that they wished they didn’t do it. My plan is if it ever gets so painful that I cannot function I’ll do it. In the meantime, through the years, I have learned what my knee can or cannot do and work with it.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good sticky morning. We're overcast with possible rain most of the day. 86% humidity. Yuck. But I'm not complaining. At least we don't live in the southwest with all that heat and drought.

I'm finally getting my haircut today. After being away so long I cancelled my appointment when I got home from the shore because of having the cold so I'm way overdue! This must be how Boris Johnson feels.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I generally find Amazon Prime Days somewhat maddening .. it just seems like you have to sift through for hours at a time .. maybe it's just me ..

However, I have been thinking about getting a tablet .. and this one is in my cart .. any thoughts .. ??

Amazon Official Site: Fire HD 10 tablet, 10.1", 1080p Full HD

We have 2 Fire Tablets but we only use them for the Kindle reader app. They work fine for that, but compared to an iPad I find them more tedious to navigate and use. But like you said, they are much cheaper than an iPad. So our 'newer' Fire Tablets won't be fully replacing our 'antiquated' iPads.

My son say's the same thing. He and his wife have iPads, but the two boys have Fire Tablets (a lot less money to spend when one gets stepped on and the screen shatters.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all.

Another clear and sunny day here, and the claim is that the temp will stay below 80. Barely, but we'll take it.

2116667.jpg

Reactions: MikeE3

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
We have 2 Fire Tablets but we only use them for the Kindle reader app. They work fine for that, but compared to an iPad I find them more tedious to navigate and use. But like you said, they are much cheaper than an iPad. So our 'newer' Fire Tablets won't be fully replacing our 'antiquated' iPads.

My son say's the same thing. He and his wife have iPads, but the two boys have Fire Tablets (a lot less money to spend when one gets stepped on and the screen shatters.
I've been using an ipad mini since they came out. Love it. I also have my kindle app on it. And I have it synched with my iPhone.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. Clear blue skies going to 75 with 75% humidity today.

When I visited my sister she gave me our grandmother's cookbook, published 83 years ago. It's called The American Woman's Cook Book. It's pretty interesting to read some of the recipes, like when preparing to make a roast chicken dinner. "Cut off the head and remove the pin-feathers. Singe by holding the bird over a flame, turning on all sides until all down and hair have been burnt off." My problem is that the cover is coming off and is split at the spine. Where would I go to find someone who could re-bind the book? A library?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hola .. :)

I think I remember my Aegis Solo, when installing a new coil, indicate that a new coil had been installed on the readout .. I could be wrong, it does not seem to do that now .. unless I'm right and something is messed up ..

Also, what's the right setting for a 1.2 Z-Coil .. ?? At 6.5, which is generally what I use for a 1.6 coil, it seems much to weak .. at 8.5, it's better but makes little vapor .. at 9.5, it also seems to make little vapor, yet tastes harsh to me .. o_O

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hola .. :)

I think I remember my Aegis Solo, when installing a new coil, indicate that a new coil had been installed on the readout .. I could be wrong, it does not seem to do that now .. unless I'm right and something is messed up ..

Also, what's the right setting for a 1.2 Z-Coil .. ?? At 6.5, which is generally what I use for a 1.6 coil, it seems much to weak .. at 8.5, it's better but makes little vapor .. at 9.5, it also seems to make little vapor, yet tastes harsh to me .. o_O
    Use it where you like it. My coils are all 1.6 and .8. I didn't care for the 1.2.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    Use it where you like it. My coils are all 1.6 and .8. I didn't care for the 1.2.

Well, that's what I'm saying .. I don't seem to like it anywhere ..

and what about the screen not showing that a new coil was installed .. ??

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Not using one now but I don't remember it doing that.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

I’m using an Aegis mini which is just like the Solo but smaller. If I change the tank or coil it will ask if I’m using a new or old coil.

Users who are viewing this thread