Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Congrats on ten years!

On another topic ... did you ever get settled into your new 'digs'. As I remember you moved literally tons of household and workshop equipment from a very large 'abode' to one much smaller.

Well, yes and no. We've made the move, but getting unpacked (beyond the basics of minimal furniture and the things we need to feed and clothe ourselves), is going VERY slowly. In fact, I'd say it isn't really moving forward at all.

(My 30' by 50' pole barn that was going to be my shop.)

I haven't unpacked a single box for months; it's just so discouraging. There are 20,000 books in those boxes which are in danger of being destroyed by poor storage conditions. I need to unpack them and determine which will be the few hundred that I will have room for, and sell or donate the rest.

There is no room for setting up my shop, so I can't do anything in the way of building storage and shelving. I should have thrown away 2/3 of what I packed (had packed by the movers) and stored. For what the packing and storage cost, I could have purchased new any thing that I actually needed in the future.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Well, yes and no. We've made the move, but getting unpacked (beyond the basics of minimal furniture and the things we need to feed and clothe ourselves), is going VERY slowly. In fact, I'd say it isn't really moving forward at all.

I haven't unpacked a single box for months; it's just so discouraging. There are 20,000 books in those boxes which are in danger of being destroyed by poor storage conditions. I need to unpack them and determine which will be the few hundred that I will have room for, and sell or donate the rest.

There is no room for setting up my shop, so I can't do anything in the way of building storage and shelving. I should have thrown away 2/3 of what I packed (had packed by the movers) and stored. For what the packing and storage cost, I could have purchased new any thing that I actually needed in the future.

Oh my word! Janet's been after me for years to clear out 'stuff'... you're living proof she's been right all along.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. It's a beautiful day here. We could get up to 77 today and the sun is shining.

Yesterday I cleaned some mini blinds in the bathtub. Ugh! What a PIA! It's a good thing I only do it once every 10 years...

@pwmeek Whoa, what a job you have ahead of you! Just do 1 or 2 boxes each day. Of course you'll need another barn to house what you keep. Be fearless!! You can do it!!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all.

After mostly sunny for much of yesterday, it's been mostly soggy since. About time :)

Dang, you make me feel like a noob, I'll only be 9 next month ;) And also one of the "lucky" ones, who took to it right away. Little sticks and cartos, along with egos and CE4s did the trick, at 24 mg/ml. Jumped to spinners and such when they came out, along with T3S toppers. The rest, as is said, is history. And really nice when history has a good ending!!

2158933.jpg

Might as well have a cat ;)

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Kay, you seem to be one of the earliest users. How did you find out about getting started?

Ummm... I Have no idea about finding out about e-cigs!o_O If it was just yesterday, I might remember..:yawn::rolleyes::)

But i will ALWAYS be very grateful that I did!

I not only got off the damm cigs...but I somehow found ECF!! :wub:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie

Hola .. ;)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Back in the days when I spent a goodly amount of time in the Great State of Florida, on my drive back, I would always hit a 'fresh seafood shack' on the Atlantic side .. bringing back at least a couple of fairly good size styrofoam coolers stocked with fresh shrimp and maybe a few other goodies .. they always made the trip in fine form ..

So, when I was wrapping up my stay in Myrtle Beach, a place called Platt's was recommended to me .. I brought back 25 pounds, mostly shrimp ..

Yesterday, I broke out a half pound, having divided the stash into half pound packets prior to freezing .. mixed up some homemade tempura batter out of a 40 year old Betty Crocker cookbook that has seen better days .. rice pilaf and black eye peas to boot .. and an ice cold Miller or three .. cooking and eating, all while spinning up some classic Eagles ..

myrtle_beach_09_2021_50.jpg

myrtle_beach_09_2021_51.jpg

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Kay, you seem to be one of the earliest users. How did you find out about getting started?

Umm...I don't remember!:(:D

Sure wish I could!

Someone must have told me:rolleyes:

The last few days I've had some stamina, so I've been outside cleaning up stuff and also in the little shed. Today I'm hoping to trim the flower garden as it's sunny n fairly warm...sunshine invigorates me :D

Hoping everyone has a great day!

NOW I remember! I saw someone vaping in a restaurant and I asked him about it, so he took me to a small vape shop here in town.
Did I get lucky?!! :D

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all.

More rain on the way, sunny atm. Ankles get a break, as the cats are out for now. I suspect they'll be racing for the door in a few hours :)

Nice to hear you're getting a little pep back, @oldbroad ! Yes, when not overpowering, some sun is a spirit lifter :)

2159995.jpg

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Relating to the mess in my barn: When we moved in, the first thing we did was to rent a POD to give me a little room to unpack. We moved a bunch of stuff into the POD but it didn't really help: the mere act of moving things around to choose what to "temporarily" store in the POD "fluffed up" the remaining boxes so there was no real net gain in available space. The POD has been there so long now that it appears on Google Maps in satellite view. Since it wasn't doing us any good, we jammed everything back into the barn and called the POD people (that rings a bell - some 1950s movie, maybe?) to come and pick it up.

The young man who drove the transport said he knew how long we had the POD (18 months) because he was here when it was placed as part of his training period. It's gone now, leaving a patch where no green grass grows. Maybe the brown patch will show up on Google Maps if they reshoot before it regrows.

Users who are viewing this thread