Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
No, I had done some smaller stuff .. these were kits that came with fairly good instructions, and I did these in the 1970's / 80's era .. time consuming, but not a lot of work .. relaxing and something different .. :) .. the Levi's and shirt that I did were very nice .. :)

Like I always say, if you feel like something is missing in Life, use that Right Brain and do something creative .. paint a picture, play / learn an instrument, etc .. remember Grandma Moses .. :)

right-brain-left-brain-fnl-598x441.jpg

My problem is in my left brain there is nothing right and in my right brain there is nothing left!

Reactions: FranC

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
A dude goes into the Bass Pro shop to buy a rod and reel for his grandson's birthday. Not being an outdoor guy, he doesn't know which one to get so he just grabs one and goes over to the counter.

A Bass Pro shop associate is standing there wearing dark sunglasses.

The dude says: "Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me anything about this rod and reel ?"

The clerk says: "Sir, I'm completely blind but if you'll drop it on the counter, I can tell you everything from the sound it makes."

The dude doesn't believe him but drops it on the counter anyway.

He says: "That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 10-LB. test line. It's a good all-around combination and it's on sale this week for only $20.00."

Dude says: "It's amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I'll take it !"

As he opens his wallet, his credit card drops on the floor.

"Oh, that sounds like a Master Card," he says.

Dude bends down to pick it up and accidentally farts. At first he is a little embarrassed, but then realizes there is no way the blind clerk could tell it was he who tooted. Being blind, he wouldn't know that the dude was the only person around.

The clerk rings up the sale and says: "That'll be $34.50 please."

The dude is totally confused by this and asks: "Didn't you tell me the rod and reel was on sale for $20.00? How did you get $34.50?"

He replies: "Yes, sir. The rod and reel is $20.00, but . . . . .
. . . . the Duck Call is $11.00 and the Bear Repellent is $3.50."

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I just mean sometimes when I wake up early, I want to shoot myself. LOL.

I don't have circadian rhythm disorder although I did. There are theories that it can lead to bipolar though, so I might have had it (I used to be a MAJOR night owl) but I feel I sleep pretty normally for my age since lithium.... Which is being investigated as a treatment for that disorder, not that I would necessarily recommend it specifically for that, you pay in side effects, but yeah, I've done the whole melatonin/sleep aid thing in the past.

I think the longest I've gone without sleeping was about 3 weeks? The first time it happened, I kept thinking of all those cat swimming studies where they all died of exhaustion. I was in England at the time too, it genuinely sucked (especially since the only reading materials my friend collected were like Lovecraft et al,) I was also reading some stuff that made my head spin.

Their socialized medicine fixed it though, and I began sleeping once more. For free. LOL.

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread