Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
My backstory...

I grew up in a family of smokers. So not surprising that I picked up the habit at the age of 12. By the age of 50 I was getting tired of my lungs sounding like rice krispies and the re occuring bronchitis. I had tried just about every way to quit smoking that was out there. Pills, patches, gum, hypnosis, cold turkey and none of them worked.

Then I heard about this thing called an e cig and vaping. I did some googling, decided the timing was perfect since I needed to make a cig run anyway so why not try it. I put the receipt in the pack with the last 2 cigs and headed home.

Fast forward nearly 3 years later... In a drawer in my desk there is a pack of Marl Lt 100's box with a faded receipt and 2 very stale cigs.

Not much to tell about my personal life. With the exception of a couple of years in in my childhood in Ohio at my dad's. I have spent my entire life in Indiana. I've worked at several jobs through the years but consider my greatest accomplishment to be raising four kids to be self supporting, contributing members of society.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Just caught up on the posts. Those roof pic's brought back a memory from my early teens. The house we lived in had a nearly flat roof. The kind that was tarred then topped with a very fine white gravel. I spent many a summer day up there in my swimsuit with a thick blanket a bottle of baby oil and my transistor radio working on my tan. Mom would have had a cow had she known, step dad just winked and commented on my lack of frisbee tossing skills when he would find his ladder out of place.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Sounds like, but that's just her hand cupped to change the acoustic. :)

I thought so too in the 1st vid, but in the 2nd one, it looks like she transfers and holds something in her other hand after playing it.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Just caught up on the posts. Those roof pic's brought back a memory from my early teens. The house we lived in had a nearly flat roof. The kind that was tarred then topped with a very fine white gravel. I spent many a summer day up there in my swimsuit with a thick blanket a bottle of baby oil and my transistor radio working on my tan. Mom would have had a cow had she known, step dad just winked and commented on my lack of frisbee tossing skills when he would find his ladder out of place.

Nice one, indeed! But for my background, it brings to mind this one.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I thought so too in the 1st vid, but in the 2nd one, it looks like she transfers and holds something in her other hand after playing it.
I kind of thought so as well, but I'm cross eyed from staring at the screen while scanning and uploading all those pics, so I can't tell what I'm looking at anymore...:lol:

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If u look at her hand, it's empty. If you look at her mouth thru her hand... it's empty.
3rd vid

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
If u look at her hand, it's empty. If you look at her mouth thru her hand... it's empty.
3rd vid

Then what's in her hand. Sure looks like she moves something from her right hand to her left hand.

Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 9.40.39 PM.png

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I have to say, here in Fly Over Land, the heat is definitely on .. spent the bulk of the day yesterday working in the yard .. since I was out and about over 4 days during the 4th, it needed a little attention .. ;) .. the ground is so dry, though, I expect unless we get some rain soon, grass will go dormant .. I've already mowed a few spots where the mower blew up a dust cloud .. how hot is it .. ??
36694C6500000578-3697044-image-m-127_1468930807075.jpg

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011

Surrounding neighbors whipping out the binoculars .. ?? ;) .. of course, these days, we have Drones .. ;)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Not much to tell about my personal life. With the exception of a couple of years in in my childhood in Ohio at my dad's. I have spent my entire life in Indiana. I've worked at several jobs through the years but consider my greatest accomplishment to be raising four kids to be self supporting, contributing members of society.

Which, in the grand scheme of things, should definitely be high up on any list of anyone's accomplishments .. salute .. :)

Users who are viewing this thread