Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Most drivers are in the dark already. What's the big deal? :w00t: :cry:

Yes, well .. the use of the Turn Signal has been dying a slow Death for years .. you have to park a mile away from places in order to not get "dinged" by someone's door, forget about any Motorist yielding when you're trying to enter Traffic, even when they are the only car on the Road .. :(

What have I missed .. ??

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wouldn't mind tinted windows in my base model Mazda 3. LOL, mainly because the cops, well, the less they see, the less they can arrest you for. They can arrest you for using your smartphone, even if pulled over but the engine still runs, and also, etc.

But, I'm picturing myself with clouds of "smoke" and tinted windows, in that car, while my kid blasts rap music. LOL, I might become a target of a sort. I'm sure the cops would think (like everyone else) that I had something to hide. Heh.

Anna

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Around here, it's still a Ticket ($120) for the first few Cell Phone infractions while driving .. I've not heard about any Jail Time, yet .. :eek:

But it is OK to be eating a McMuffin while fixing your hair and putting on your makeup, steering with your knees .. ;)

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
In and out, and now taking a very short break to wish you all a hoot of a good morning! Dorky, eh?! :)

a46390b8d7a09755a169a836378f01de.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hola .. :)

From the "I Just Don't Get It" File :: o_O

It seems to me, the latest "trend" is extreme auto window tinting .. I see more and more cars and trucks with all but the windshield impossible to see in .. and why .. ?? So the 5/0 can't see you yacking and texting while driving .. ?? And, how does that work at night .. ?? :eek:

our-window-tinting-services-1-for-a-reason-pertaining-to-cheap-auto-window-tinting-near-me.jpg

The bottom example is most common .. 5% light transmission .. ?? I just don't get it .. o_O

Check your state laws ... Pennsylvania enacted this one in 1999.

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 10.57.42 AM.png

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011

View attachment 737085

Yeah, we did too .. it has not seemed to stop anyone and I know the PD has more important stuff to do than pull over people with black windows .. that ends up in the File of "What Can You Do ..? ..

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
AZ went HARD and FAST after cellphones. We've had a couple teenage accidents that were... OMG. One kid actually killed her dad in a cellphone accident, and I CANNOT even imagine! Because the kiddo got incarcerated for a long time. I hope that kid has a forgiving mom. But after a few high profile cases like that, they really go after you. I'm not sure it's a bad idea exactly (I only use my phone to harp directions at me) but also, there are so many road hazards around here it is an AWFUL idea to use a cellphone anyway. I avoid it and not just out of fear of arrest.. Etc.

Anna

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Hola .. :)

From the "I Just Don't Get It" File :: o_O

It seems to me, the latest "trend" is extreme auto window tinting .. I see more and more cars and trucks with all but the windshield impossible to see in .. and why .. ?? So the 5/0 can't see you yacking and texting while driving .. ?? And, how does that work at night .. ?? :eek:

our-window-tinting-services-1-for-a-reason-pertaining-to-cheap-auto-window-tinting-near-me.jpg

The bottom example is most common .. 5% light transmission .. ?? I just don't get it .. o_O

Kentucky and Ohio are pretty serious about tinted car windows. Don't remember the percentage but cops must be able to see you.
View attachment 737085

How's the snow situation for all you who got hit hard?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Congratulations to The Honorable Senator Tammy Duckworth ..

Iraq War veteran, Duckworth served as a U.S. Army helicopter pilot and suffered severe combat wounds, losing both of her legs and damaging her right arm. She was the first female double amputee from the war .. the first Asian American woman elected to Congress in Illinois, the first disabled woman to be elected to Congress, the first female double amputee in the Senate, the first Senator to give birth while in office, the first member of Congress born in Thailand, the first Senator to bring her new born child to the Senate Floor today ..

I met her briefly during her last Campaign, and she is a Sincere, Honorable and Trustworthy Woman .. a real Patriot ..

And, a Real Contender ..

She nicknamed POTUS "Cadet Bone Spurs” ..

Duckworth makes history, casts vote with baby on Senate floor - CNNPolitics

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
And what did she name Clinton, Major Student Deferment? Or perhaps Colonel Eroded Septum? I am sick of "firsts".

Congratulations to The Honorable Senator Tammy Duckworth ..

Iraq War veteran, Duckworth served as a U.S. Army helicopter pilot and suffered severe combat wounds, losing both of her legs and damaging her right arm. She was the first female double amputee from the war .. the first Asian American woman elected to Congress in Illinois, the first disabled woman to be elected to Congress, the first female double amputee in the Senate, the first Senator to give birth while in office, the first member of Congress born in Thailand, the first Senator to bring her new born child to the Senate Floor today ..

I met her briefly during her last Campaign, and she is a Sincere, Honorable and Trustworthy Woman .. a real Patriot ..

And, a Real Contender ..

She nicknamed POTUS "Cadet Bone Spurs” ..

Duckworth makes history, casts vote with baby on Senate floor - CNNPolitics

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I had a rough past 24 hours. My back was in major pain. I did the usual, heat, cold, lidocaine, acetaminophen, rest, TENS... everything. Called the nurses' hotline, and she said the emergency room would be justified. My blood pressure was over 200, and I got a shot. The pain med and the BP med helped, but it is still a tad high. And, of course, treating one problem exacerbates the other. Once the BP stabilizes, I am set for a course of prednisone. :grr: Need to get a home BP machine. Time to get to bed. I actually dozed while there--

Just glad I am alive. That would be too much for my family.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
I had a rough past 24 hours. My back was in major pain. I did the usual, heat, cold, lidocaine, acetaminophen, rest, TENS... everything. Called the nurses' hotline, and she said the emergency room would be justified. My blood pressure was over 200, and I got a shot. The pain med and the BP med helped, but it is still a tad high. And, of course, treating one problem exacerbates the other. Once the BP stabilizes, I am set for a course of prednisone. :grr: Need to get a home BP machine. Time to get to bed. I actually dozed while there--

Just glad I am alive. That would be too much for my family.

Well, geeze! I'm glad you are alive, too. I'm not the least glad to hear what you are having to go through.

Users who are viewing this thread