The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Uncle Willie, Jul 5, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Uncle Willie

Uncle Willie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

When Richie Havens passed, it was really not heralded that much in the press, pretty much "Woodstock Singer Dies" .. I always liked Havens work, although he's known mainly for covers, he always brought a distinctive style and voice to whatever he did, and such a unique guitar player ::

• Like Like x 8
  2. yiddleboge6

yiddleboge6 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    LOL...as often as I struggle with being a creature of the night....I'll most likely sleep through the entire event that happens in the daylight hours...;)

As you always have, you've brought us some great music....:)

All of these old photos I've been scanning has put me in a bit of a melancholy mood that has me feeling like this tattered old cat...

• Like Like x 9
  3. Oomee

Oomee Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    UK
    No music, not got time!
    Just buzzzzing through, got a new 'whip'...

• Like Like x 8
  4. yiddleboge6

Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    In this seemingly never ending task of scanning old pics....ran across this one of myself.....;) Just to show my sense of humor is still intact.....for those who may think of me as a female dog :rolleyes:....here you go...:lol:

dog me.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  5. Mrs C

Mrs C Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Not sure where the editor got that mask from but our Yiddle looks more like the cute one in her avi :) even when forced to be a day person, even before the first cuppa ( we were roommates on the Oddessy.

• Like Like x 8
  6. yiddleboge6

Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    LOL....no mask...just a lot of face paint I put on when WAWA wanted us to show up for work in some sort of costume for Halloween.... ;)

• Like Like x 7
  7. Uncle Willie

I have to say, from my perspective, that's an incredibly good face paint job .. you're not going to get that at the County Fair .. ;)

• Like Like x 7
  8. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    No kidding! I, too, thought it was a mask!

Did Yiddle start the whole thing? ;)

• Like Like x 7
  9. yiddleboge6

Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    Nope....I can't claim that. It was just a fun, inexpensive and easy thing to do...;)

• Like Like x 6
  10. Uncle Willie

I'm not going to digress into Political Commentary, trust me .. :) .. and, as I stated in Post #1, I am an Independent ..

"Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, argued Wednesday that Congress should build President Trump's border wall by taking money from Planned Parenthood and federal food stamps.

On CNN, King said he supports the $1.6 billion in funding that the House is considering as a start for building the wall. But he said he'd add another $5 billion if he had his way.

"And I would find half of a billion dollars of that right out of Planned Parenthood's budget," he said. "And the rest of it could come out of food stamps and the entitlements that are being spread out for people that haven't worked in three generations."

"We've got to put America back to work, this administration will do it," he said."

........ The thing is, I agree that entitlements are abused and should be under constant scrutiny as to the validity of a person's claim .. this goes with not just the SNAP program but with Disability claims, etc .. the Good Representative Mr King is absolutely correct in stating there are generations of folks that have lived under the dole and have figured out a way to game the system .. the Government, a long time ago, decided it was less costly to maintain an examination workforce than it was to pay the cheaters .. I believe that the current Disability payment program is much the same ..

That said, I fully and completely support a safety net for those that need it .. but there must be a way to cut down on the fraud and abuse .. on a side note, there was some talk of required random drug testing on those collecting SNAP / Disability / etc a while back, although I don't know what became of it ..

Now, Planned Parenthood seems to be linked to abortion whenever the topic comes up, which, although a part of what they do, is not a major part .. Planned Parenthood has likely done more for general Woman's Health than any other organization .. and, on a side note, I have always supported a Women's Right to Choose .. I simply don't believe (within a reasonable time of pregnancy) that anyone has the right to make that choice for a Woman other than herself .. and eliminating that choice will do nothing more than revert back to the Days of Old, which I simply cannot see anyone advocating for ..

It's a topic that can drawn strong emotion, and please, please don't take any offense in my words, they are not intended that way at all .. although I am not a Woman, I can only imagine the heart wrenching agony that goes with a decision of this type ..

This is simply one man's perspective and thoughts on a Wednesday Morning ..

• Like Like x 8
  11. yiddleboge6

Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    Some of my favorite childhood times were weekends when my grandmother would pack up a big picnic basket and we'd set out for Red Lodge, where we'd stop to eat before heading on up through the Beartooth Mountains....which by the way are upside down. Geologists determined that at some point in history they were flipped, like a flapjack....but I digress. We were headed to the Cooke City entrance to Yellowstone.

Summer, sometime in the 1950's....

[​IMG]

June 1962...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  12. yiddleboge6

Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    Climate change? .....

• Like Like x 6
  13. yiddleboge6

Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    I watched the same interview...;) I agree that they need to find ways to stop the abuse and fraud. I've seen those who were third generation welfare and knew how to game the system to the utmost, while at the same time I've known some who were in dire straits and were unable to get any kind of assistance.

Defunding Planned Parenthood.....should I even go there with my thoughts? They do far more for women's health than abortion, and taking away the Right to Choose will result in death for many. Any woman facing that kind of decision will have to live with that choice for the rest of her life and has to be strong enough to accept those consequences..

I apologize if any feel I was being too political....

• Like Like x 8
  14. Sir Kadly

Sir Kadly Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2015
    Indiana
    Very true. Not at the County Fair. On the other hand, have you seen what some of the talented body painting artists can do? Some of the pictures I've seen from Fantasy Fest, for example, well, let's just say I admire some of the art.;)

• Like Like x 8
  15. Sir Kadly

Sir Kadly Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2015
    Indiana
    It has actually been implemented in a few places. I would encourage anyone who supports this solely from the belief that it will save money to research the results of said experiments. In general, it appears to cost more than it saves in the states currently doing testing.

• Like Like x 8
  16. yiddleboge6

Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    LOL.....what's not to admire? great painting on some gorgeous canvases.....:D

• Like Like x 7
  17. Uncle Willie

You bet .. ;)

[​IMG]

I think that's really the crux of much of that kind of thing .. more money gets spent on enforcement than what was attempted to be enforced .. what can you do .. ?? While I don't believe folks should be getting high constantly while living off Taxpayers Dollars, it makes no sense to spend even more corralling them in .. Dog Chases Tail .. o_O ..

• Like Like x 6
  18. Uncle Willie

I sometimes catch the SyFy Channel show "Face Off" .. I am constantly amazed at what transformations can take place in the hands of a good Artist ..

• Like Like x 5
  19. Uncle Willie

Did John Denver fly off into the Wild Blue Yonder, intentionally crashing his plane somewhere off the Pacific Ocean .. ?? Was he distraught over the last years of his life due to faded popularity .. ?? I don't guess we'll ever know for absolute certainty, I choose to believe, no, the plane malfunctioned .. no matter the shlock of some of it, I always liked John (Deutschendorf) Denver's material .. who, coincidentally, wrote the only #1 Hit for Peter, Paul and Mary .. "Leaving on a Jet Plane" ..

• Like Like x 11
  20. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I always figured that, if the plan is to do that testing, ALL government employees should be required to take the same tests before getting their tax-payer money.

Then again, the way things are, if they aren't on illicit substances, maybe they should be....

• Like Like x 10