Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I always figured that, if the plan is to do that testing, ALL government employees should be required to take the same tests before getting their tax-payer money.

Then again, the way things are, if they aren't on illicit substances, maybe they should be....

Good one .. :)

03d6821ff13feb964e291afddf388298--waynes-world-quotes-tv-quotes.jpg

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I think that's really the crux of much of that kind of thing .. more money gets spent on enforcement than what was attempted to be enforced .. what can you do .. ?? While I don't believe folks should be getting high constantly while living off Taxpayers Dollars, it makes no sense to spend even more corralling them in .. Dog Chases Tail .. o_O ..
    Yep. If the sole purpose of drug testing is to save money, then it appears, at least from the data I've sen so far, to be unsuccessful. Now if someone thinks we should do it anyway despite the cost, well, I'm open to have a discussion as long as there as some societal benefit being discussed, but I do think the data suggests that the money saving argument should be put aside.

Kim B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2013
    STL MO
    For the last couple of months, I've been reading up on the August eclipse off and on .. in particular, the "Zone" of full eclipse ..

figECLIPSE.jpg

It's drawn my interest since just South of St Louis proper and into Southern Illinois, the narrow band of "Totality" exists ..

I happen to be sittin' in one of the proverbial catbird seats for this event, we are in the path of totality for 2m 31s at casa Kim B.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    I happen to be sittin' in one of the proverbial catbird seats for this event, we are in the path of totality for 2m 31s at casa Kim B.

I feel positive that you will be fully and completely prepared ::

1) Comfy Lawn Chair
    2) vape Gear
    3) Libations at the Ready / Snack Tray
    4) Eclipse Glasses
    5) Possible armament in the event of Roving Bands of Eclipsoids .. ;)
    6) A tray of Eclipse Cookies
    7) Last, but not least, a bit of You Know What .. ;)

That is, unless you decide to cash in on the Home Rental Frenzy .. :)

American-Eclipse-MAIN.JPG

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    I threatened to bring some of my Digital Tomfoolery in at some point .. so ..

Makes a Great Wallpaper, if I do say so myself :: ;)

arch_evening_east_wide_09_2015_1_smaller.jpg

A Commemorative Stamp I designed for "The Deeming" .. although I did submit it to USPS, they appeared to have no interest :: ;)

deeming_forever_2.jpg

My Own Personal ECF MEME :: ;)

(removed per request)

More pain will be inflicted at an undisclosed time .. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Don't forget the camera!

I had big plans to capture both stills and a video .. dropped the gear I knew I would need into my Amazon Cart .. then, a friend said "Willie, there is going to be beaucoup material on-line after the fact, why not just kick back and enjoy the thing, since you'll likely never get material as good as the real Pros .. "

I've decided to save the coin and take his advice ..

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2013
    Northern California
    @MamaTried .....where art thou? ;) You're missing your favorite girl group...
    wakes up. . . looks around sheepishly. . . mumbles "Huh!". . . dribbles coffee down beard onto chest

This is the first time i've visited ECF since February (my last post on the BP), other than occasionally checking the classies to see what i could sell stuff for, in the unlikely event i'll get off my lazy .... and sell my ridiculous collection of mods.

This seems like a comfy place. Good job, Willie!

I'll hold off doing a backstory. Over the years, I've already littered ECF in various places with that.

Now, we'll see if i can remember how to embed a video...

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011

I'll hold off doing a backstory. Over the years, I've already littered ECF in various places with that.

Cut and paste, Brother .. Cut and Paste ..

Welcome .. :)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    a brief story on Mr. D .. @MamaTried ..

Early on, when Google Hangouts was once the rage (I think it's cooled substantially since the heyday) .. @MamaTried and I as well as a few others (so, I do have Independent Corroboration) .. were all in a Hang Out at the same time .. I had seen Mr. D's ECF handle on the Forum in the past .. during a slight lull in our conversation(s), I broke out into an impromptu and likely embarrassing a cappella rendition of the classic Merle Haggard tune, which I (rightly) figured Mr. D had used as his ECF handle .. I did it from memory, and yes, I was in a slightly altered state .. ;) ..

It is, in fact, a favorite tune of mine (Haggard being more a Folk Poet than a Country Singer, at least in my opinion) .. DISCLAIMER :: This does not mean I will break out into song on the rare occasion you may find me in a Hang Out .. nor does it mean you would want me to .. ;)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    a brief story on Mr. D .. @MamaTried ..

Early on, when Google Hangouts was once the rage (I think it's cooled substantially since the heyday) .. @MamaTried and I as well as a few others (so, I do have Independent Corroboration) .. were all in a Hang Out at the same time .. I had seen Mr. D's ECF handle on the Forum in the past .. during a slight lull in our conversation(s), I broke out into an impromptu and likely embarrassing a cappella rendition of the classic Merle Haggard tune, which I (rightly) figured Mr. D had used as his ECF handle .. I did it from memory, and yes, I was in a slightly altered state .. ;) ..

It is, in fact, a favorite tune of mine (Haggard being more a Folk Poet than a Country Singer, at least in my opinion) .. DISCLAIMER :: This does not mean I will break out into song on the rare occasion you may find me in a Hang Out .. nor does it mean you would want me to .. ;)
    :lol:.... I rather think we all enjoyed your "altered state".....;)

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    wakes up. . . looks around sheepishly. . . mumbles "Huh!". . . dribbles coffee down beard onto chest

This is the first time i've visited ECF since February (my last post on the BP), other than occasionally checking the classies to see what i could sell stuff for, in the unlikely event i'll get off my lazy .... and sell my ridiculous collection of mods.

I must say, I much preferred seeing her swinging through the air than Miley Cyrus

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I had big plans to capture both stills and a video .. dropped the gear I knew I would need into my Amazon Cart .. then, a friend said "Willie, there is going to be beaucoup material on-line after the fact, why not just kick back and enjoy the thing, since you'll likely never get material as good as the real Pros .. "

I've decided to save the coin and take his advice ..

Won't your digital do both? ;)

tumblr_lz61q5MRpw1qlq05h.gif

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Great to read Willie again:)
    Haven't read the whole thread yet but I'll get it in time.:)
    Good morning:):)

It's really great to see you, Fran .. I hope you decide to make this a regular stop or at least drop by periodically .. :)

wolves-4[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread