Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Oh fudly-foo ... I’m in the emergency room waiting ‘till lunch wears off and they can knock me out and do some procedure to stop the bleeding.

Huh? I had a routine colonoscopy on Monday morn. This afternoon I started passing blood every 15-20 minutes, a lot.

I guess Dr. Rock didn’t do such a great job stapling me up in there after removing a polip.

Hey but one of the male nurses saw my ‘vape’ and even knew what kind of mod and tank it was. It fell out of my pants pocket on the bedside chair. He just said be discrete they frown on those in here.
    Wow,hope they get you fixed up fast.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Wow,hope they get you fixed up fast.
    Well, at least fast enough to make dinner at Kaitlin’s on Thursday. She and Janet were going over the menu today and I can’t wait. That and with her living all around the country the last 10 years ... i can’t remember the last Thanksgiving we spent together.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    Yikes @MikeE3! I just commented to my DH that compared to colonoscopy prep, his prep is a breeze (he has to drink 24oz of Gatorade in an hour, 2 hours before his surgery as part of the Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Protocol). I hope they get things running smoothly for you soon. Yeah for the nurse that is cool with vaping!

@3mg Meniere Glad to hear you're recovering well. Yes, the dirty floor can wait! How's your sister?
    @FranC Hoping for good news for your hubby.

Asking for positive thoughts for my DH. His triple bypass is tomorrow at 9:30am. Despite trying to do much in advance, I didn't get to washing the floors either LOL. The snow last Friday and today had me out shoveling instead, messing up my schedule.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Eat well and enjoy for me. I get hospital cafeteria food. LOL. As long as the surgery goes well, that's fine by me.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    Good day everyone!!:)

( can't seem to make it here in the morn!)

Here's a pic of my youngest g-granddaughter. This lil one and her lil sister just melt my ole heart!

46482296_835840423431651_3394065470070980608_n.jpg

This is Lulu..the older one...

33110435_945690875604210_863673161076441088_n.jpg

I taught her to " go for it"...lol...
    Cute baby, cute granma!

Oh man. Looks like our washing machine has got troubles. I'm not sure it's worth it to pay for a repairman to fix it when it's going on 30 years old. Anybody have any thoughts on what good brand would be to look into? I used to always buy Kenmore/Whirpool (and this one is a Kenmore) but we've had 2 Kenmore refrigerators break down on us fairly quickly and the repair guy said they're making junk these days. Now I don't know what to think.
    I think I've posted that my hubs works at Lowes in the appliance dept. Here is his advice. Now is a great time to buy appliances…lots of sales. He also said
    1. don't buy Samsung- Their washers/dryers used to be good but about 1-2 years ago something changed and it has a lot of recalls. His store gets the most complaints about Samsung washers and dryers from their customers than any other brand.
    2. LG is ok but also made in Asia, can make it difficult for warranty work and getting the parts from the factory may take 6-24 weeks because of the new tariffs imposed by the Trump administration
    3. GE and Maytag/Whorlpool are made either in the US or Mexico and he has not seen any problems with parts or repair work. They have very few complaints on them.

Last edited:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.

Oh, how cute are they. You have to be proud of those adorable ones.

I'm not so much proud as I am thankful to still be here to enjoy itty bitty babes again....n I don't have to do all the work!:D

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Florida

Here's a pic of my youngest g-granddaughter. This lil one and her lil sister just melt my ole heart!

Ah, so so sweet!

Oh fudly-foo ... I’m in the emergency room waiting ‘till lunch wears off and they can knock me out and do some procedure to stop the bleeding.

Huh? I had a routine colonoscopy on Monday morn. This afternoon I started passing blood every 15-20 minutes, a lot.

I guess Dr. Rock didn’t do such a great job stapling me up in there after removing a polip.

Hey but one of the male nurses saw my ‘vape’ and even knew what kind of mod and tank it was. It fell out of my pants pocket on the bedside chair. He just said be discrete they frown on those in here.
    Oh, hope you are A-1 for Turkey Day! :) Savvy nurse with the vaping advice!

Yikes @MikeE3! I just commented to my DH that compared to colonoscopy prep, his prep is a breeze (he has to drink 24oz of Gatorade in an hour, 2 hours before his surgery as part of the Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Protocol). I hope they get things running smoothly for you soon. Yeah for the nurse that is cool with vaping!

@3mg Meniere Glad to hear you're recovering well. Yes, the dirty floor can wait! How's your sister?

Asking for positive thoughts for my DH. His triple bypass is tomorrow at 9:30am. Despite trying to do much in advance, I didn't get to washing the floors either LOL. The snow last Friday and today had me out shoveling instead, messing up my schedule.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Eat well and enjoy for me. I get hospital cafeteria food. LOL. As long as the surgery goes well, that's fine by me.

You've got all the positive thoughts and prayers coming for your dh and yourself!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    She says the physical therapist says she has improve ed a lot the past week, but she can't see any improvement. We contemplated the pros and cons of double mastectomy and double knee replacement, versus single of each.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Thanks you:wub: Prayers and positive thoughts for your hubs.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hubby has a list of ailments that would have killed most people years ago.It started with a triple bypass (They said he wouldn't have lived another month) Next came chronic acute pancreatitis that his dr at the time fail to diagnosis (ER dr said he was within 2 days max of dying). Then came spinal stenosis,emphysema,a rare and incurable bile duct cancer and now a cracked pelvis is giving him a whole a lot of pain.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    She says the physical therapist says she has improve ed a lot the past week, but she can't see any improvement. We contemplated the pros and cons of double mastectomy and double knee replacement, versus single of each.

Sounds like a typical sister conversation, I've had a few comparing notes with mine too. I'm glad your sister's PT can see the improvement. It's tough as the patient as you want more (going thru rehab with my ankle now so I can empathize).

Hubby has a list of ailments that would have killed most people years ago.It started with a triple bypass (They said he wouldn't have lived another month) Next came chronic acute pancreatitis that his dr at the time fail to diagnosis (ER dr said he was within 2 days max of dying). Then came spinal stenosis,emphysema,a rare and incurable bile duct cancer and now a cracked pelvis is giving him a whole a lot of pain.

Kudos to you and hubby. It takes a lot of strength to deal with all of those challenges. How the heck did he crack his pelvis? Sheesh. Hope it heals well and the pain diminishes soon.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA

Geez, I’m such s wimp ... lose 4 units of blood, they sew me up again, and stick me in ICU overnight

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sounds like a typical sister conversation, I've had a few comparing notes with mine too. I'm glad your sister's PT can see the improvement. It's tough as the patient as you want more (going thru rehab with my ankle now so I can empathize).

Kudos to you and hubby. It takes a lot of strength to deal with all of those challenges. How the heck did he crack his pelvis? Sheesh. Hope it heals well and the pain diminishes soon.
    Hubs was a fighter in his younger days and it's apparently an old injury that made an unwanted appearance when hubs went down on his .... on concrete. Did I mention he gets dizzy spells..............

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    Geez, I’m such s wimp ... lose 4 units of blood, they sew me up again, and stick me in ICU overnight

Yah, really, what's a few units of blood here or there? Maybe they like that .... of yours?
    Relieved to know you're ok and they're watching over you.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA

Awwww, nothing like holding a baby! Is that birthday cake she's devouring? I made a chocolate cake for our son's 1st birthday figuring he's make a total cute mess. Nope, he didn't want to get dirty and didn't appreciate the wonderful world of chocolate. And then His son, Miles, did the same thing! We should send Miles over to play with your g-granddaughter so she can show him how it's done!!

Good grief! He is one tough man!!

@WhiteHighlights, Gracie, Oldbroad, 3mg, Bea, oh hell, everyone!! I have you all in my thoughts and prayers. We've all got stuff to deal with and I just pray for strength and comfort for us all.

I'm back from the hospital. Mike is resting comfortably in a private room in the ICU. (Good thing he's by himself because he'll be tooting all night from all the gas they pumped into him!) He's in good spirits except they won't give him anything to eat till morning. At least I hope they let him eat in the morning! I think they just want to make sure the bleeding is under control. The good news is we don't have to wait for the lab report on the polyp - it's benign. He'll be awake early tomorrow I'm sure and as long as he has a good night I'm sure they'll be letting him come home. Then we'll just have to give him some pampering for a few days before bringing out the honey-do list again!!

Users who are viewing this thread