Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I must say, I much preferred seeing her swinging through the air than Miley Cyrus

Tough call for me .. Naked Young Woman Swinging on a Wrecking Ball .. ?? I'm going to put it in the "I'll Take It" side .. ;) .. while at the same time admitting my discerning taste has likely liberalized greatly over the last several years .. ;)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
wakes up. . . looks around sheepishly. . . mumbles "Huh!". . . dribbles coffee down beard onto chest

This is the first time i've visited ECF since February (my last post on the BP), other than occasionally checking the classies to see what i could sell stuff for, in the unlikely event i'll get off my lazy .... and sell my ridiculous collection of mods.

This seems like a comfy place. Good job, Willie!

I'll hold off doing a backstory. Over the years, I've already littered ECF in various places with that.

Now, we'll see if i can remember how to embed a video...

Wow ... look who dropped in ... so good to hear from you. Will you hang about if we promise & cross our hearts and all that stuff to avoid the 'C' word.

Thanks for the invite,Yiddle:wub:

Great to read Willie again:)

Haven't read the whole thread yet but I'll get it in time.:)

Good morning:):)

Fran ... Hi ... long time since we hung in the same threads together. Hope you stay around.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
ecee489356c49a7d60896b5cb7c921a7--so-funny-funny-pics.jpg

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
This is a particularly good live rendition of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Learning to Fly" .. this is such a poignant song, the lyrics are beyond reproach and it gets me every time I hear it .. we are indeed, all still "Learning to Fly" ::

Petty has pretty much stood by this credo his entire life, as with most great writers, he pens his life and experience ::

Along with many others, including "L.A. Woman", "California Dreamin' " .. etc, this is simply a quintessential California song ::

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Wow ... look who dropped in ... so good to hear from you. Will you hang about if we promise & cross our hearts and all that stuff to avoid the 'C' word.

Fran ... Hi ... long time since we hung in the same threads together. Hope you stay around.
    I will,Mike:) Hope you and Janet are well.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    The African Culture created what later came to be known as "Call and Response" .. a Democratic form of participation known in vocal and musical instrument expressions, as well as religion and rhymes, best known most likely by "The Blues" .. over the course of perhaps centuries .. in pre-Slavery days, in the cotton fields of the South, in the Churches of today when the Pastor calls for "Can I get an Amen .. ?" it's "Call and Response" .. in fact, an argument could be made that there would be no Rock 'n Roll without the fundamental "Call and Response" ..

As a woodworker for the better part of 40+ years, it's something I have learned applies to my work .. the wood calls, and the worker responds .. it becomes almost a Zen like experience, when all else is blocked out and you must figure out what the wood will do, how it will look, how it will react .. putting your hands on it and attempting to feel something that can't be described .. the wood does not always cooperate, yet when it does, it is an amazing feeling ..

My days as a Guitar Builder are really drawing to a close .. my hands lack the steadiness, my eyes lack the focus, my brain is beginning to lose it's logical train of thought on some days, I fall out of the Zone too often, the detailed inlay work I used to pride myself in is doubly tough, if not impossible ..

But, I still love working with this natural material .. no two pieces exactly alike .. conforming to the will of the material rather than trying to make it conform to what I want .. I'm likely going to consider moving into simpler things, cutting boards, wooden spoons, maybe some small furniture .. I'm just not ready for that part of my Journey to end, but, what can you do .. ?? Time marches on .. I don't know if there is any money in it, but, it's worth a try ..

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    This is a particularly good live rendition of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Learning to Fly" .. this is such a poignant song, the lyrics are beyond reproach and it gets me every time I hear it .. we are indeed, all still "Learning to Fly" ::

Petty has pretty much stood by this credo his entire life, as with most great writers, he pens his life and experience ::

Along with many others, including "L.A. Woman", "California Dreamin' " .. etc, this is simply a quintessential California song ::

Good music:)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    My days as a Guitar Builder are really drawing to a close .. my hands lack the steadiness, my eyes lack the focus, my brain is beginning to lose it's logical train of thought on some days, I fall out of the Zone too often, the detailed inlay work I used to pride myself in is doubly tough, if not impossible ..
    You must know it breaks my heart to read that You've done such beautiful work....:cry: I've sometimes thought that I temped fate when I said, so often in the past....the legs can go..the boobs can go....just as long as I have my hands, eyes, and ears I'll be ok....:oops:

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    You must know it breaks my heart to read that....:cry: I've sometimes thought that I temped fate when I said, so often in the past....the legs can go..the boobs can go....just as long as I have my hands, eyes, and ears I'll be ok....:oops:

The boobs can go .. ?? Really .. ?? ;)

Seriously, though, when I began "Evangeline" and decided to take some folks back then on a little bit by bit trip on the process, I knew it would likely be my last work of that quality .. that's why I put about all I had learned over the years into it .. it's just the beginning of the end of one phase and the start of another .. "You Gotta Know When to Hold 'Em, Know When to Fold 'Em" .. :)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    The boobs can go .. ?? Really .. ?? ;)

Seriously, though, when I began "Evangeline" and decided to take some folks back then on a little bit by bit trip on the process, I knew it would likely be my last work of that quality .. that's why I put about all I had learned over the years into it .. it's just the beginning of the end of one phase and the start of another .. "You Gotta Know When to Hold 'Em, Know When to Fold 'Em" .. :)

:lol:.....I've still got the boobs...:D The hands are another story...

"Evangeline" turned out to be a real beauty, both in appearance and sound...:)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Tom Petty was pretty good in King of the Hill too!

And who gets Stevie Nicks as a Backup Singer .. ??

Factoid :: Petty is a chain smoking "Marlboro Man" off stage yet has begun at least partially using a PV in substitute for some cigarettes .. as well, other than when he is on Tour, is pretty much a Homebody ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    I'll likely not be around tomorrow (Sunday) .. I'm kind of going back to my old policy of no Tech / Internet on Sunday's, which I started drifting away from for a while .. it's kind of nice just chillin' (or basting in my own sweat, if doing yard work), listening to some music, catching up on some TV, having a good meal at Home or away .. I also avoid the News on Sunday's unless it's Local St Louis Channel 5 .. :) ..

So, post what's on your mind, please .. have a nice glass of wine or what ever your favorite form of relaxant is .. :) ..

Let me, again, thank everyone for joining me this week, it truly is appreciated .. :)

Users who are viewing this thread