Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I think I remember doing the French Press in my much younger days...I didn't know it could also make coffeeo_O

Hola .. :)

Kay, now that's funny .. :) .. brought a much needed smile to my face .. weirdly, I always heard the term "French Press" and it brought to mind some page out of a, er, "Manual" .. (of some sort) .. yes, I do know what it actually is .. o_O

Did somebody say "Rawhide" .. ??

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
The Winter Blues have just had a firm grip on me lately .. gloomy skies combined with a general malaise that just makes me feel like my Mojo has slipped away, and I'm sure relocated to a warmer and sunnier clime ..

I've been lucky for some time now, being that my regular bouts of Depression went on hiatus, yet now, it feels like their return has decided to make up for lost time .. it's just tough to get motivated, even tougher to "Think Happy Thoughts" .. I need to watch some Bob Ross videos ..

Throw that in a Bag, shake it up along with some Physical Issues I've been experiencing the last few months and dump it out on a table, I don't know what you'd get ..

I've got an extensive Physical Checkup coming up in a few weeks, where more than just the usual this and that will be looked at .. so, there is that to look forward toward ..

Yes, I'm whining .. and if I keep writing, it's just going to sound like I'm whining even more ..

EDIT :: Oh, yeah, the last 2 times I had Pizza, incredibly bad heartburn set in, so, to add insult to injury, I may have to cross Pizza off the Food Group list ..

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
The Winter Blues have just had a firm grip on me lately .. gloomy skies combined with a general malaise that just makes me feel like my Mojo has slipped away, and I'm sure relocated to a warmer and sunnier clime ..

I've been lucky for some time now, being that my regular bouts of Depression went on hiatus, yet now, it feels like their return has decided to make up for lost time .. it's just tough to get motivated, even tougher to "Think Happy Thoughts" .. I need to watch some Bob Ross videos ..

Throw that in a Bag, shake it up along with some Physical Issues I've been experiencing the last few months and dump it out on a table, I don't know what you'd get ..

I've got an extensive Physical Checkup coming up in a few weeks, where more than just the usual this and that will be looked at .. so, there is that to look forward toward ..

Yes, I'm whining .. and if I keep writing, it's just going to sound like I'm whining even more ..

EDIT :: Oh, yeah, the last 2 times I had Pizza, incredibly bad heartburn set in, so, to add insult to injury, I may have to cross Pizza off the Food Group list ..
How many times have you yold someone here that it's ok to unload our problems…or we're all here for each other for good times and bad. So go ahead…whine…unload…we're here for you :wub:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

Kay, now that's funny .. :) .. brought a much needed smile to my face .. weirdly, I always heard the term "French Press" and it brought to mind some page out of a, er, "Manual" .. (of some sort) .. yes, I do know what it actually is .. o_O

Did somebody say "Rawhide" .. ??

First, I agree with Bea. Let it out, we all share and care.

The Blues Brother's movie - such memories! I was living with my Grandmother and was in Elgin, IL. when they shot the big car chase scene (or part of it at least). I forget the name of the highway, but I got to watch the filming. Such fun!

Always loved Jake and Elwood - What do you want for nothing? A Rubber Biscuit?

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Yiddle, we think pretty close - I always wanted one of those pointy cow catchers that go on the front of a truck. Carve a path with one of those!
LOL....I was thinking of you when I posted that because I knew you would know where I was coming from...;)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The Winter Blues have just had a firm grip

Well, keep in mind spring is coming, and should be in your neck of the woods by October. :)

I've got an extensive Physical Checkup coming up in a few weeks, where more than just the usual this and that will be looked at

DO make a list of issues to take with you. It's too easy to not remember things.

I always wanted one of those pointy cow catchers that go on the front of a truck. Carve a path with one of those!

I've always had my heart set on an automatic BB gun for those behind me who can't see the bright blue light (high beam) on their dashboard :evil:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Good morning everyone :)

I've always had my heart set on an automatic BB gun for those behind me who can't see the bright blue light (high beam) on their dashboard :evil:
Me I wish I had a loud speaker in my car with a mike attached to the roof so I could shoot my favorite 4-letter word along with a piece of my mind to the #*$& idiots who drive dangerously on the road.:p

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning Bea, Fran and Gracie. Today is a day of rest for us as we wait for this snow to show up. Yesterday we watched Hux (2-1/2 yo) and Brody (2 mo) while our daughter went to some appointments. Brody was not a happy camper for most of the day, just one of those days. Hux on the other hand was having some fun. Ever see a 2 year old on a treadmill? He had a great time with it and we all had a good laugh.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Just a fly by good morning since I've been mostly awol.

Today's fun....

The HVAC unit for my area is dead (new one arrives tomorrow) so I'm sitting in my office wearing 3 layers with a heater running next to me and still wishing I'd brought my long underwear

while planning our tennis summer camp! That's just cruel and unusual punishment. :lol:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Darn, forgot your fur coat?

Love_Staying_Warm_Cat.jpg

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Lapeer, MI (48446) 10 Day Weather
11:26 am EST
Print
DAY

DESCRIPTION
HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TODAY

FEB 20 PM Rain/Ice
34°29°
70%
SE 14 mph 77%
THU

FEB 21 Cloudy
34°17°
10%
W 14 mph 73%
FRI

FEB 22 Mostly Sunny
39°25°
10%
ESE 3 mph 69%
SAT

FEB 23 Showers
41°39°
50%
SE 9 mph 79%
SUN

FEB 24 AM Showers/Wind
43°23°
50%
WSW 29 mph 76%

UV INDEX
SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET

1 of 10
7:17 am
6:16 pm
--
10:23 am

Rain showers early, then remaining overcast and windy later in the day. Morning high of 43F with temps falling to near freezing. Winds WSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 50%. Higher wind gusts possible.
SUN NIGHT

FEB 24 Cloudy
--23°
20%
W 23 mph 69%

UV INDEX
SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET

0 of 10
7:17 am
6:16 pm
--
10:23 am

Cloudy. Gusty winds early. Low 23F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph.

Doesn't appear as tho there's a snowflake in sight!:)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Yiddle, we think pretty close - I always wanted one of those pointy cow catchers that go on the front of a truck. Carve a path with one of those!

True That .. I don't know what Planet some of the current "Motorists" came from, but it seems to me that any and all shreds of Road Etiquette have been thrown out of the window in way too many cases ..

1) Driving at Night with full on Fog Lights, while there is no Fog .. I have Fog Lights, I never use them ..
2) Waiting to merge in merge Lane, all Vehicles stay in the lane you're trying to get into, while no Vehicles are in the far lane ..
3) Really bad Parking, where two spaces are taken by one Vehicle .. in Parking Lots that, and maybe I'm wrong here, have shrunk the size of Parking Spaces to postage stamp size over the years ..
4) Those in a Race to get to the Red Light .. I feel like waving at then when I get there since they just swerved in and out of traffic in order to arrive at the same spot as me ..

Maybe all should be required to have, not just truckers, “How’s My Driving?” stickers ..

e8e5b7_1df0c193116847e199c2cb9dc6424088_mv2-830x467.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread