Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Good morning wishes to all :)

1708838.gif

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has a good day today!
We had a blast at the parade yesterday! I spent most of my time getting guys to give my niece flowers (its a thing they do here.
The men give the women paper flowers or long beads in return for kisses-on the cheek mostly ;) ) My niece was so happy and had a lot of fun. My knees are paying me back for it but it was worth it. I honestly can't remember when I had so much fun!

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
So...lazy Sunday turned out to be a not so lazy day...:lol: Decided to get off my rump and start getting my 'studio' together. Moved a side table/lamp combo into the bedroom...took everything out of a bookcase in the BR and moved it to studio, and...best of all...took down the sheer curtains on that gigantic window and put up room darkening curtains with grommets...easy to slide open and shut...so I can paint in there at night without putting on a show for any looky-loos ;) They got all the show they're going to get last night...:rolleyes: Crazy old woman on a 2 step ladder attempting to put up a heavy rod with 2 heavy, patio door width curtains...brackets for rod only 2" from the ceiling...standing on tip toes and reaching with fingertips, while holding my breath that I didn't lose my balance and kill myself falling into the enormous plate glass window...:eek:

Got it done and as an added benefit can take down the gate between the rooms that I used to keep my dog from going in there. I live on a heavily trafficked street and since he can no longer see out....no continuous barking at everything moving past...:)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hola .. :)

Good morning everyone :)
Willie it's beautiful, just beautiful :wub:

Yeah, well, thanks to you guys that commented on the Hickory slabs .. I dashed that Post out on my phone at the pole barn .. the slabs are 9 feet long, 2.75" thick and 15" ave or more in width .. they had to come from the center of the log in order to be wide enough for what I had in mind ..

I putzed around with some smaller scraps yesterday, since I was pretty much socked in for the bulk of the day with rain .. I'd never worked with this wood before, so I wanted to get a feel for it .. so far, I just don't know .. these have dried naturally for around 5 years, so they are about as dry as they are going to get .. moisture meter says 6-9% so that's about right .. there are some natural cracks, which is to be expected ..

Under tools, it feels harder than walnut, maple or oak .. it's dense as hell which makes for a heavy guitar body and tough on tools / hands .. I can see why drumsticks are made out of it ..

At this point, I'm trying to decide if I just want to rip it down to flooring size strips / cabinetry boards and just sell it like that .. probably take out a couple guitar body blanks just to mess with .. also, scraps and small bits should make for a nice BBQ grill / smoker enhancement .. :) .. I like mesquite but this stuff will work ..

Bea .. greenhouse looks great .. :)

FYI ::
https://nypost.com/2019/03/25/bingo-and-bongs-more-seniors-turn-to-pot-for-age-related-aches/

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
So...lazy Sunday turned out to be a not so lazy day...:lol: Decided to get off my rump and start getting my 'studio' together. Moved a side table/lamp combo into the bedroom...took everything out of a bookcase in the BR and moved it to studio, and...best of all...took down the sheer curtains on that gigantic window and put up room darkening curtains with grommets...easy to slide open and shut...so I can paint in there at night without putting on a show for any looky-loos ;) They got all the show they're going to get last night...:rolleyes: Crazy old woman on a 2 step ladder attempting to put up a heavy rod with 2 heavy, patio door width curtains...brackets for rod only 2" from the ceiling...standing on tip toes and reaching with fingertips, while holding my breath that I didn't lose my balance and kill myself falling into the enormous plate glass window...:eek:

Got it done and as an added benefit can take down the gate between the rooms that I used to keep my dog from going in there. I live on a heavily trafficked street and since he can no longer see out....no continuous barking at everything moving past...:)

Oh, come on now, Performance Art is all the rage .. especially that done by Crazy Women .. :)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has a good day today!
We had a blast at the parade yesterday! I spent most of my time getting guys to give my niece flowers (its a thing they do here.
The men give the women paper flowers or long beads in return for kisses-on the cheek mostly ;) ) My niece was so happy and had a lot of fun. My knees are paying me back for it but it was worth it. I honestly can't remember when I had so much fun!

Sounds like my kind of fun .. and, knowing you Louisiana Folk, I'd venture to guess there was Cajun food and drink a plenty .. :) .. No Pain, No Gain .. :p

Users who are viewing this thread