Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Yes, it does seem there's a big difference between

And I have yet to see anything conclusive on how much is actually absorbed. I suspect not all is absorbed when smoking, either, and again haven't seen anything reliable.

But based on the idea that it's a lower absorbtion vaping - the vaporized molecule is said to be bigger than the burned one - your intake of nic is less than when you were smoking (at the rates you've given.)

Thanks - Really appreciate the info . . . :D

I want to say that I've read we absorb anywhere between 10% and 50% of the nic we vape.

Here is what your numbers look like....

average 20mg (absorbed) nic per pack of smokes
smoked 2 1/2 to 3 pks/day = 50 - 60mg nic/day
switched to 5ml of 24mg nic/day = 120mg/day

In your case, the 120mg vape = 60mg smokes. To me, that means you are a 50% absorber from vaping.

For me....

20mg nic per pack
smoked 1 to 1 1/4 pk/day = 20 - 25mg nic/day
switched to 5ml of 17mg nic/day = 85mg/day

In my case, the 85mg vape = 25mg smokes. To me, that means I absorb less that 33% from vaping.

PS...It's sometimes hard to put my math into words, my brain does it all by itself. :eek:

As for "YOU" . . . :shock:

Although - I have a couple of college degrees and a few certificates that supposedly qualify "Me" as knowing "Stuff" - I know Nothin' about "Math", except that 1 + 1 = 2 . . . Which in the long run means, Ya' lost me on all that . . . :facepalm:

Well that is until I read it a few more times, I think . . . So - THANK YOU, I do appreciate the information and I'll try to repeat what Ya' said to "My" Dr. . . . Or at least print it all out and let him read it for himself . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
I've been taking those daily, and also potassium, calcium, iron, glucosamine chondroitine...but only for a couple of weeks now....guess I should try a little patience?

Yes. All I'm sure of is the glucosamine, but it needs to be taken for about a month to become effective. It may not help with every thing causing similar symptoms, but in some situations, it is a miracle worker.

If that reply seems confusing, just take it as directed for 4 or 6 weeks. If it doesn't help in a big way, let it go.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
While there is no way that I could come even within an iota of Mike & Janet's Shangri La .. I will mention that my Redbuds are at the peak of Glory ..

redbud.10_8x10_aspect_11_17_2013.JPG

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@LovesButtercups I know what you mean. We had the property posted but during hunting seasons we felt like we lived in a war zone from the gun sounds. We were also careful not to walk the property for stray bullets.

It wasn't the people who live around there responsible. Hunting for them is a way of life and they hunt year round regardless of laws and they are careful, respect wildlife, and only hunt on properties where they have permission and only for what they need for food. It was the weekend, city boys, once-a-year hunters we had to watch for.

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
TN, USA
@LovesButtercups I know what you mean. We had the property posted but during hunting seasons we felt like we lived in a war zone from the gun sounds. We were also careful not to walk the property for stray bullets.

It wasn't the people who live around there responsible. Hunting for them is a way of life and they hunt year round regardless of laws and they are careful, respect wildlife, and only hunt on properties where they have permission and only for what they need for food. It was the weekend, city boys, once-a-year hunters we had to watch for.

Yes, I know what you mean...those once-a-year hunters can be dangerous. One shot a neighbor’s cow! One rolled right up in mom’s driveway and parked his truck. He got his gear out and started across mom’s yard like he owned the place! This was after dad died, and mom had to go out there and run him off. Luckily he wasn’t mean about it...just not so bright. LOL

For the most part, I think hunters are respectful of people, wildlife, and property. But there’s always a few bad apples in the bunch, as with anything else, I guess.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
If I was as young as you were and was ale to get my hands on that property back in the day- although I am a "CITY" Boy at heart, I probaly wouldn't mind maintaining it either for all it's glory that it is today. . . . :thumbs: ;thumbs: :thumbs:

AND - Yes no moving out yet, especially until I find a way to come up and visit you & Janet . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well last year I was a young 72 this year I'm an old 73 ... aging isn't linear the older I get ... add another year and I feel 2 or more years older than the last year.

And ... we have a spare bedroom and after tonight's guests leave, it's available anytime.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Nancy had a problem with leg cramps and one of her friends from church told her to try Oyster Shell Calcium. She started taking them and it really helped with her cramps. Also, before going to bed she would put her hands on the wall and do stretches for her lower legs.

It was the weekend, city boys, once-a-year hunters we had to watch for.

For the past few years, I have gone to a public hunting area about 3-hours East from where I live. I go during what is called "Primitive" hunting season. It amounts to using black powder and copper bullets. I use a Thompson Center Omega 50 caliber black powder rifle. When the season opens it starts on a weekend so I don't go there until Monday and set up camp. That way the weekend warriors have come and gone and I don't have to worry as much. I set up my popup camper next to a creek and I can get in a bit of fishing too.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
except that 1 + 1 = 2

Not sure why ... but you line about 1+1 reminded me of a math test in college where the question was prove the 2 follows one in the number system. Actually it was a bit more complicated than that, but that was the premise. We all assume that 1 trillion and 1 follows 1 trillium on the number scale but does it really ... is there a hole/glitch in the number system ... can we really know that 1 trillion and 1 follows 1 trillion. Not unless you can prove it mathematically all else is just taking it on faith. :confused:

And I don't remember much about non-Euclidian Geometry other than it broke a life long concept i was always taught that parallel lines never cross.

Yea ... I was a math major in college. Lot of good it did me. I still 'add' buy visualizing the dots on a pair of dice and counting the dots in my brain to come up with the answer.

While there is no way that I could come even within an iota of Mike & Janet's Shangri La .. I will mention that my Redbuds are at the peak of Glory ..

View attachment 810399

Yep ours are too ...

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4847.jpg

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA

Users who are viewing this thread