Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all.

Sunny and warm. Somewhere, probably, just not here :)

Waiting for snow, the guesses persist that it will reach below our elevation, later today.

Yep, starting lo feel like fall :)

1669733828682.png

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning everyone! Just a fly by. We have settlement today! This is the first morning we woke up and didn't have to hustle down to the old homestead for more packing and cleaning. We're exhausted. Now that we have a lot of our stuff at our daughter's house we can concentrate on getting all this stuff organized here.

Our cats are working out a truce with our grand dog. It's funny to watch. Our cat, Maggie, has decided to make herself ruler of the roost and the dog just tries to stay out of her way.

@Rat2chat2 Hey! You did very good with that target!! Good for you!

@oldbroad Kay! So glad you could stop by! Nice to hear from you again.

I'm off to get showered. Don't want them to have settlement without me!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Our cats are working out a truce with our grand dog. It's funny to watch. Our cat, Maggie, has decided to make herself ruler of the roost and the dog just tries to stay out of her way.

:lol:

Yeah, typical cat truce, do it MY way :)

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning everyone! Just a fly by. We have settlement today! This is the first morning we woke up and didn't have to hustle down to the old homestead for more packing and cleaning. We're exhausted. Now that we have a lot of our stuff at our daughter's house we can concentrate on getting all this stuff organized here.

@Rat2chat2 Hey! You did very good with that target!! Good for you!

@oldbroad Kay! So glad you could stop by! Nice to hear from you again.

I'm off to get showered. Don't want them to have settlement without me!
HI Janet...n everyone else! It's so good to be here again! I really hope my pc keeps running well! I"ll know tomorrow!!
Been Christmas shopping ( 0nline) ( no smilies on this piece a ( forbidden word)oh well...hopefully I can at least get on here now!!!
In case I can't...MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE !!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Where's the damm smilies?!!
Mine happened as soon as I read your post.
DrawHeart.gif
So glad to hear from you and that computer better act right. You show it who is boss. heehee

My 11th from the left is labeled "Wow".
I gotta a "wow" too. Probably because I am easily wowed.
Winking.gif

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Hey! You did very good with that target!! Good for you!
Thank you. I am sure I will get better and I am positive I can stop someone.
YES.gif
I am optimistic that I will pass my class Saturday. That is if the GPS woman gets me where I need to go. The class is in another city but not too far off (only 32 miles). That's nuttin'.

I am really looking forward to the lunch they provide because he said the woman that fixes it was an excellent cook and he guaranteed I would enjoy it. I love eating! I have lost all but one pound of my dating/Thanksgiving weight gain. I am planning to lose a few extra lbs so I can enjoy the holidays. That sounds like a good plan to me.
RatYes.gif

So glad things are calming down for you and my money is on the cat.
Laughing.gif
heehee

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all.

Another soggy day here, so far. Snow is still north of us, or higher up, but no telling how long that will last. Might turn to snow, might turn to freezing rain... we're hoping it's the former, less chance of losing power.

1669817713083.png

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Rerun Fran.

I was looking for something a while back and found a heavy brass tube in one of dad's drawers. The ends screw off and it said Belmont Record. I have asked several people if they knew what it was and no one has. This morning I picked it up and used Google Lens to see what it said it was. What came up on ebay is exactly like the one I have. Who would have guessed it was a coffin capsule? Isn't that wild?

Screenshot_20221130_104115_Chrome.jpg

There is just no telling what I will find when I start digging around. I wish I knew this history of it or where dad got it. He did dealer trades for a car dealership for 27 years after he retired from the Police Department. I think he probably found it in one of the old cars he was taking to auction. Or mom could have bought it at the flea market since she bought so much other brass there. Who knows? Glad I did not give it away. heehee There might be another one on ebay.
Laughing.gif

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday eve! :wub:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I've never heard of that group but they are amazing. Maybe I should beat on mine instead of trying to play it. It might sound better.

Hola .. :)

The sheer joy and inspirational musicianship make these Italian guys unforgetable ..they have a site with numerous tunes .. you can just tell they are doing what they want to do and doing it so well and having so much fun ..

As has been my way for many, many years ::

1) I get up in the morning
2) I amble into the kitchen and start the coffee, as it's been prepped the night before
3) I get dressed and by then, those first expresso style drips have accumulated enough to pour
4) I take my morning meds
5) I decide what I'm going to eat for breakfast, usually a muffin or half a bagel
6) I turn on the surround sound system and my music for the morning .. currently these guys
7 I settle into the recliner with coffee and breakfast
8) I allow my mind to repopulate in anticipation of the new day ..
9) I don't just hear the music, I listen to the music and its depth

(oh, and somewhere along the line, I let the dog out now)

I never, ever, turn on the TV until I get home from the workshop in the evening .. I do not watch any of the Foxes / CNN's / CNBC's, etc ever .. swore them off years ago as mind numbing, brain washing propaganda on all sides ..

In other news, one of my long lost Cousins and his wife are planning with me to make that trip to Tuscany, hopefully, in May or June 2023 .. probably not for the six months I had hoped for, but likely three ..

Sadly, though, the Maserati rental looks like it's not in the cards .. unless I somehow win a lotto that I never play ..

Hell, I probably could not get in and out of one without a crane anyway ..

1669912654193.png

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
probably not for the six months I had hoped for, but likely three ..
I hear a song in my head. . . bet you know which one.

Gosh, that is awesome. Next on my list is to get my passport. I am not sure if I will ever go somewhere but I'm going to be ready to! I love checking things off of my list.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I do not know why I am nervous about my class tomorrow. I guess because it has been so long since I took a class and was going to be tested. I have watched every YouTube on the concealed carry classes in NC. I am sure I will do fine. At least I am not worried about the shooting part of my exam.

After I go to the gym, I have to go by the $1.25 store. I thought I kept a supply of paper and notepads but evidently, I gave it all to my friend's grandchildren. Went looking last night and couldn't find anything in the desk but some post-a-notes. heehee NP. I love going shopping there. I just hope I don't run into the same lady I did last time.
No.gif

Have a great Fri-YAY everyone!
DrawHeart.gif

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, loungers.

We wound up with only about 4" of snow yesterday, clear(ish) and cold last night, but they say we might hit 40 today. Uh huh.

Sadly, though, the Maserati rental looks like it's not in the cards .. unless I somehow win a lotto that I never play ..

Hell, I probably could not get in and out of one without a crane anyway ..

Just set your sights on a rig that has butterfly doors :)

1669989521961.png

Users who are viewing this thread