Love it, Taste it, VTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
I just can't say enough good things about the innokin iTaste VTR! I got the Jungle Camo (green) and have been using a Smoktech PBC V2 in it since it did not come with an i30 as I expected. Speaking of missing parts, here is a really good VTR article with instructions if yours was missing the user manual. I love the way they shaped one side rounded and the power button side flat. Although I usually use my thumb, but by using my index finger instead the rounded side fits perfectly in the palm between the thumb and finger. Since I am not a fan of the i30 I wasn't really that disappointed that it was not in the sealed box although I kinda felt robbed, but any 19mm or smaller clearo will work. The new Kanger Aero looks sick on it so I can't wait for mine to get here. If you're on the fence go ahead and get it, I don't think after the first initial price drop they will drop as bad as the 134 did, but I have no plans of selling mine so resell value isn't really a concern.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I too am loving my new VTR! I have tried a few different tanks now. The iClear 30s that came with it is nice, but I much prefer some of the other tanks I've tried. The Protank 2 is great, but the Davide BDC hits AMAZING on the VTR! I also have an IBTanked 19mm XL carto tank, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a fan of carto tanks. I just received an AeroTank today, and I must say I am VERY impressed!! I keep the airhole wide open for nice deep lung hits. Very nice tank...

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

F.O.Bean

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Washington, PA
I got my VTR Sunday, and I must say, it is AMAZING!!! I also LOVE how it fits in your hand/palm. I use my thumb too on my SVD and my old Ego batts, but its PERFECT using my index finger. Its heavy, but I love that its as heavy as it is. It means its durable as a kitchen sink. Mine is chrome, but I am DEF buying another one, but this time in Jungle Camo[green] :) Its by far the nicest mod Ive ever used, and IMO, the nicest mod out there. Mine DID come with an iclear 30s tho. Wonder why yours didnt?

F.O.Bean

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Washington, PA
I too am loving my new VTR! I have tried a few different tanks now. The iClear 30s that came with it is nice, but I much prefer some of the other tanks I've tried. The Protank 2 is great, but the Davide BDC hits AMAZING on the VTR! I also have an IBTanked 19mm XL carto tank, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a fan of carto tanks. I just received an AeroTank today, and I must say I am VERY impressed!! I keep the airhole wide open for nice deep lung hits. Very nice tank...

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

I use Davide BCCs in it, and it also hits AMAZING! I do want to try the Davide BDC tho!

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
City of Angels
Here's a question for all you Innokin iTaste VTR users who like how the Kanger Protank 2 (v2) works with it. I just got my VTR last Friday, and since I've always enjoyed the PT2 and PT2 Mini clearomizers, I couldn't wait to try them out on it. I coincidentally also received my new Kanger Aerotank base Kanger Airflow Control Valve-4.jpg (aka Kanger Airflow Control Valve, which is compatible with the PT2 and PT3) Kanger Airflow Control Valve-5.jpg the day prior, so of course I tried all three of them (the PT2, with the Aerotank base/Airflow Control Valve, and the VTR) together and wow! Fantastic! Not only does it allow you to choose the airiness of the draw (and eliminate any potential problems therein), but because it's taller than the stock PT2 base, the Aerotank base/Airflow Control Valve also brings the height of the PT2 perfectly in line with the top of the VTR, almost like it was made to fit it (IMHO). I couldn't be happier except for one small matter: the PT2 stock drip tip is just a little short if you're vaping with the PT2 in the recessed tank slot and not using the adapter "cone" (which is pretty cool in itself: as an aside, the adapter is the exact same black chrome as the base of the PT2 Mini, and matches it perfectly; it also has a detachable metal sleeve aka "beauty ring" at the top that you can remove when using a slim-style clearomizer like the Mini to make it perfectly streamlined).

Now I know many, if not most of you have read this before, but I wanted to find a really nice, long 510 drip tip to use with this arrangement. So I got online and ordered not one but two Smoktech stainless steel long pipe drip tips, the first from Discount Vapers... SmokTech 82mm Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tip - Smok Steel Long Pipe #7.jpg and then I found an even better deal ($2 less) on a different style from Madvapes. DiscountVapers_Smoktech_Steel_long_pipe8_driptip__86705.1390253961.1280.1280.jpg SmokTech 82mm Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tip.jpg (#7 & #8)

I received the first one today, but alas, it feels like it might fall out, even though it's a 510 and not very heavy or long (about 3.25"). It's just too damn wobbly to use on the VTR with the PT2 with any sense of security. I'm going to have to return them both. Fortunately they weren't very expensive. So to conclude, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread