Love my 901 for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
about the first 3 hits after I top off. Then it starts having a non-taste...then a toasty taste....then a dry taste, then a burnt taste.

I really think the filler is the issue, it just doesn't maintain it's shape or density. I'm constantly pulling it back up level with the cart end or it doesn't make contact. My husband says I'm like a pipe smoker, I'm always putzing with it.

Don't get me wrong, when it works well, it's amazing. I can't help thinking there HAS to be a better cartridge design or filler (901). Something porous but more rigid, maybe a different density? The fluffy dries out too quickly and only in certain areas....

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
about the first 3 hits after I top off. Then it starts having a non-taste...then a toasty taste....then a dry taste, then a burnt taste.

I really think the filler is the issue, it just doesn't maintain it's shape or density. I'm constantly pulling it back up level with the cart end or it doesn't make contact. My husband says I'm like a pipe smoker, I'm always putzing with it.

Don't get me wrong, when it works well, it's amazing. I can't help thinking there HAS to be a better cartridge design or filler (901). Something porous but more rigid, maybe a different density? The fluffy dries out too quickly and only in certain areas....

I suggest filters sold for roll your own analogs. You'll have to separate the thing in half widthwise, and unless you get some abnormally long ones, they should fit lengthwise.
You can disassemble cigarette tubes, but filters alone are easier.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I suggest filters sold for roll your own analogs. You'll have to separate the thing in half widthwise, and unless you get some abnormally long ones, they should fit lengthwise.
You can disassemble cigarette tubes, but filters alone are easier.

How much of an improvement do you think you've gotten with these as opposed to the original filler?

MisKate

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Illinois, USA
Try using a coffee filter. Cut a strip 15mm wide X 2" long. Roll it around a toothpick, then push the roll & toothpick into the cart, withdraw the toothpick. The filter roll should be about level with the top of the cart. If it's too long, trim some off. Then start dropping your liquid in. Right away you'll see that you can get more in there. This method has been working really well for me. After a day or so, the paper gets kind of mushy, so just start over with a new strip. I think you'll see more vaper, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread