Love Suorin air but batt too small. What pod next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Wife's tried Novo, Dolphin, nord, Zero and suorin air. The nord has done her the best long term but being disabled in bed most the time the nords tiny leaks blotch up the sheets. Looking for other options and found the Air seems perfect except the battery life. They charge fast so I could just get her 6 or so Airs. Which isn't bad if it's my best option!

So I come to you good people and always get great advice and opinions. Whadyall think? Similar form factor as Air preferred but not necessary. And she prefers no button/ air activated. But not required. We don't use salt nics

Thanks!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Having more than one device is probably good. You can the spare(s) charging while one is being used. I’m personally not super trusting of automatic switches. They were all there was for a while but had reliability problems so bad they were basically completely supplanted by button systems. The new ones tend to be better, but it seems to be sort of random by model as to how much better. If you’re locked into auto switches having a few backups may be a good idea if an automatic switch happens to go haywire on you. They do it in weird ways. Sometimes they’re permanently off, sometimes they go permanently on, and sometimes they randomly go back and forth. AFAIK in all of those cases the vacuum switch chamber has gotten contaminated with juice, and there frequently is no way to fix it.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Having more than one device is probably good. You can the spare(s) charging while one is being used. I’m personally not super trusting of automatic switches. They were all there was for a while but had reliability problems so bad they were basically completely supplanted by button systems. The new ones tend to be better, but it seems to be sort of random by model as to how much better. If you’re locked into auto switches having a few backups may be a good idea if an automatic switch happens to go haywire on you. They do it in weird ways. Sometimes they’re permanently off, sometimes they go permanently on, and sometimes they randomly go back and forth. AFAIK in all of those cases the vacuum switch chamber has gotten contaminated with juice, and there frequently is no way to fix it.
Excellent analysis. Just experienced this with my Suorin Air...not the plus.

Took it apart, put the meter on all the leads and the board and saw 4.3 so my pods were locked up.

Out of the blue after a day sitting out unassembled......it vapes.

I love salts so will be looking at button pod mods.

Gracias.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Excellent analysis. Just experienced this with my Suorin Air...not the plus.

Took it apart, put the meter on all the leads and the board and saw 4.3 so my pods were locked up.

Out of the blue after a day sitting out unassembled......it vapes.

I love salts so will be looking at button pod mods.

Gracias.
The most common issue with auto switches back in the day was because the switch itself was waterproof the engineers thought that they could not be affected by liquids. This is flat out false. They can’t be shorted out, but their FUNCTION can be drastically affected by even small amounts of liquid in the chamber the switch sits in. They can commonly be permanently off or permanently on because of this.

Banging this fact through the heads of the engineers was the work of years and still hasn’t apparently been entirely successful. If you can open the compartment with the switch in it though you can clean out the liquid and fix the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread