The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

love the iGo! but need help with the cartomizers

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by Corona, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Corona

Corona Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Let me say the battery life on the iGo is superb, but I must be doing something wrong with the cartomizers. I filled 5 of the ten carts I have and of the 5, two are not working at all. Very careful to not get liquid in the center hole. I watched the video and I think I am doing it right, have been filling my standard kr808's for some time now.

HELP!

Also what is the best juice to use?
    High Voltage or just the regular, Nhale or Xhale liquid?

Thanks

2. taylormomto6

taylormomto6 Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    California
    I recently received a tip...with a pair of tweezers or needle nose pliers, rotate the battery in on the carto just a touch and see if this fixes them. I haven't tried it yet, but she said it works everytime for her.

Cindy T

3. Corona

Corona Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    the pin/pliers worked for 1 of the 2 igo carts that were not hitting at all. Those that are working, still taste burnt to me. Maybe they will loose that after a while. I ordered some clear cartomizers from nhaler, one type works great kr808d-1, the others, dm-1 are giving me a burnt taste like the regular igo carts.

I have been vaping for 3 years w/ regular kr808 manual batteries so I am enjoying the stronger hit, just trying to find a cartomizer that I am happy with. Maybe the jumbo kr808 carts will be okay!:blink:

thanks for the advice and if you think of anything else, I am all ears!

4. taylormomto6

taylormomto6 Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    California
    I'm having issues on and off too. The igo cartomizers seem to work great sometimes, others not so great, taste burnt, dry but when I try to top them off there's no vapor so I blow a bit out but still tastes dry, tight draw.

I have the kr808-d1 clears and sometimes I can't get any vapor from them either, or very little. I have issues with fluid getting in the center tube (not while filling, while vaping), I blow them out, but it happens right away again. Then later, it stops and works ok for a while. I do love the clean taste though.

I like the stronger hit too, when the stars align and everthing is working great :)

I'll be watching this thread for ideas.

I do know that on the clears, if you get the burnt taste is you gently rock the mouthpiece and see bubbles coming up, it causes the juice to wick better, but then juice gets in the center tube again, lol.

Cindy T

5. Corona

Corona Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Tri-State Area

I opened two brand new igo carts and used a syringe to fill them. I started by putting only a few drops with the syringe towards the bottom of the filler. I waited 3-5 min and did this over and over till juice ran out the battery end and the top part of the filler looked wet. It took 15-20 minutes to fill this way. Bingo, this cart worked beautifully! So I decided to start over with those that tasted burnt. I boiled them, dry burned and filled with the syringe.
    THEY BOTH STILL TASTE BURNT! :blink:

Anyway with the clear cartos, the kr808dm-1 type work really well the for the first one or two hits, then they taste burnt. The kr808d-1 type give a really smooth clean hit, but like you, on vaping, I get liquid in the tube. They also crack and come apart easily, no matter how careful I am with them. I tried making sure they didn't get hot while vaping and they still crack.
    I also had two leak. Tightening the center pin helped stopped the leaking. (not too tight or they won't vape)

Anyway, I am still experimenting! Let me know if you have tried the clear g5 type or anything else that works well!

6. taylormomto6

taylormomto6 Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    California
    Well I have the G5s and the KR808D-1 Clearomizers. The latter work pretty well, I like the tip better than the G5s, but I still get juice come up in the center tube while vaping. I take it off and blow it out, sometimes that works for a while, sometimes it doesn't.

I ordered the old fashioned Boge carts and I've actually enjoyed the hassle free vaping I'm getting from them, but I like the cleaner taste from the clears, as well as not having to guess when I need to refill. I am the overfill queen. I seem to always think I need to top them off, then I overfill and need to blow them out to get them working again. My fault of course.

I just placed an order for more Boges, an iGo carto and the "dripper cartos". We'll see how they are.

Sometimes the clears (both kinds) don't wick fast enough and I get a dry, lightly burnt taste, if you kind of rock the tip a bit (be sure and hold it at the battery end so you don't break it), you'll see bubbles come up and it tastes good again, but often that causes juice to get in the tube, so it can be a hassle.

Still hoping they can perfect the clears,

Cindy T

7. taylormomto6

taylormomto6 Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    California
    I wanted to add that I haven't had any trouble with cracking. I did have one break on the battery end, but I had used it on and off for few weeks first (it was a clearomizer, not a G5). I don't expect them to last THAT long without getting brittle. None of the others have given me problems with cracking though.

8. taylormomto6

taylormomto6 Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    California
    Thought I'd stop in and let you know, I received the "drippers" (called drippers because of the shape of the mouthpiece that I toss aside and put a tip in) cartomizers today and I can tell you they taste great on my iGo. Amazing. I'm not sure about anything else yet, but so far I LOVE them! These are not clear though.

Cindy T

9. Corona

Corona Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Are they from nhaler, let me know & I'll give them a shot!
    Thanks

CORONA

10. taylormomto6

taylormomto6 Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    California
    Yes, these are fron Nhalere. I'm still using them (not the same ones, I've ordered several times). I'm using them exclusively. Taste is great, vapor is great, no fiddling at all. Fill it, vape, it, refill it.

I don't think you'll be disappointed,

Cindy T
    :vapor:

11. Corona

Corona Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Thanks, will give them a try

CORONA

12. taylormomto6

taylormomto6 Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    California
    Let me know what you think. I just ordered more today. I've finally figured out I don't like to use the same one for days on end. I like them best fresh, so I go through one every 2 days. I'm fine with that, still much cheaper than cigs, plus I breathe better and I don't stink like cigs;)

13. Corona

Corona Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    REALLY LIKE THEM!
    Thanks!

CORONA

14. taylormomto6

taylormomto6 Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    California
    I am SO glad you like them! These have really been the answer for me. I need something I don't need to fuss with. I just need them to work, taste good, give good vapor. Like I said, I'm not crazy about the "old" taste that cartomizers get, so I use a new one every 2 days, on average, but it's a good trade off for me. After Xmas, I plan to place a larger order for these so I'm not ordering them every 2 weeks and I'll save on shipping.

Cindy T

15. Corona

Corona Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    My standard kr808 carts, I have boiled for about 4-5 minutes & they turn white inside again.
    Blow them out & let them dry a few days, then test them on a battery
    Don't fill yet, just vape the moisture out, leave them another day or two & fill. Most will taste new again. Those that don't, I toss.
    With g5's, not the other clear types, soak them in alcohol a few hours, then rinse & soak in peroxide & the burnt juice will loosen & wash away. You will know, however, by the taste, that they are done!
    Again, thanks for the tip on the "mf" carts, I'm happy w/ them. :)

CORONA

16. taylormomto6

taylormomto6 Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    California
    Thanks for the cleaning tips. I have washed some out, but when I refill them, they seem to go right back to that "old" taste. I just hate to waste the juice trying them, lol.

I will order some more G5s in my next order. I like them, but still had the wicking issue. It's fixed by "burping" them, but then that seems to cause air to get in the center tube more often than not, but I do like them for a change in juices and trying new ones out. Maybe if I look around, I can find some of the old ones I have around here somewhere.

I'm glad you're liking the drippers. They have changed my whole vaping experience.

Cindy T

17. Corona

Corona Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    What kind of drip tip are you using?
    I just figured you haven't steered my wrong yet?
    Thanks in advance!

CORONA

18. taylormomto6

taylormomto6 Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    California
    HaHa! Well, I'm using one I've had forever. It's the rounded style, plastic, but honestly, I'd love to have the rubber, whistle style that comes on the igo cartomizers, but haven't found them in the reg kr808 size. I even tried cutting them to try to fit, but no go, lol.

I don't like the metal ones, too cold. I know I wouldn't like the glass ones either. I just know I'd chip a tooth on them.

Cindy T

19. Corona

Corona Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Just wanted to add that the new crystal cartomizers for the iGo are fantastic!
    Love them!
    Really, really nice!
    CORONA

20. Zap

Zap Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Is the center post on the iGo Crystal Vision carto slotted or not? I'd love to give one a try but the volt X2 auto I'm using right now would need a slotted post to fire. Probably wouldn't be an issue with a manual. Also, are there any juice cracking issues with these?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.