Love the taste of a New Carto :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Back on the Moon
Once you blow the brown stuff out (onto a tissue or into the sink), you will have to clear the center hole by blowing from the bottom end a little. You will get some juice on your lips but that is a small price to pay for a good tasting carto. :thumbs:

I hope you have success with it. Please let me know how it turns out for you.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Once you blow the brown stuff out (onto a tissue or into the sink), you will have to clear the center hole by blowing from the bottom end a little. You will get some juice on your lips but that is a small price to pay for a good tasting carto. :thumbs:

I hope you have success with it. Please let me know how it turns out for you.

Well... this latest carto has turned into one of those mystical cartos that just keeps going with no issues. I'm on day 5 and it still tastes good, still wicking properly, and just seems like a perfect carto. I rarely have one last more than 3 days. 5 days is as rare as a unicorn for me.

AceCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Back on the Moon
That is life. When you prepare for an impending disaster it never comes. But when you don't prepare....ohhh bad news. The nice thing about cartos is they will go bad at some point, so now you have a new trick to try when they do. Oh, I forgot to mention: you can do the "drop down the center hole" trick even when the cart tastes fine. It keeps the brown gunk from building up. Blow really, really hard and you will see what I am talking about. Hope this helps!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
OK So can someone please tell me why i have to change my coil/wic almost the least every week. If i dont it gets hard to get any vapor and it makes me cough. I need to know so i can fix what the problem is.

Depending on the tank or carto used along with the eliquid used this can be just a simple fact of vaping life. The coils will gunk up and give you a burnt taste, some can be rebuilt with a small effort, others just replaced.

Replacement coils can be bought for well less than a single pack of smokes, which lasted me less than a full day. I do rebuild mine as it is cheaper than buying replacements and I feel they perform better.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
That is life. When you prepare for an impending disaster it never comes. But when you don't prepare....ohhh bad news. The nice thing about cartos is they will go bad at some point, so now you have a new trick to try when they do. Oh, I forgot to mention: you can do the "drop down the center hole" trick even when the cart tastes fine. It keeps the brown gunk from building up. Blow really, really hard and you will see what I am talking about. Hope this helps!

I'm on day 6 for this carto- I've never had a carto last this long LOL. It still tastes fine. But I'm sure today is the final day as it is becoming a very tight draw. I'm not aware of any fix for that. So it won't be a matter of blowing out the gunk at this point. Which means I won't be able to try out your method on this carto.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I'm on day 6 for this carto- I've never had a carto last this long LOL. It still tastes fine. But I'm sure today is the final day as it is becoming a very tight draw. I'm not aware of any fix for that. So it won't be a matter of blowing out the gunk at this point. Which means I won't be able to try out your method on this carto.

Paperclip gently up the center. Be Careful, that is where the coil is, and the center of the coil gets gunked. I do it at the first sign of it loosing air flow, but I have screwed up a couple that were too gunked up. Hope that helps.

Vape On
Burnie
:vapor:

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Paperclip gently up the center. Be Careful, that is where the coil is, and the center of the coil gets gunked. I do it at the first sign of it loosing air flow, but I have screwed up a couple that were too gunked up. Hope that helps.

Vape On
Burnie
:vapor:

Nah, I do that too. But that wasn't the issue here- I could clearly see through the hole, and it wasn't gunked up. This morning it finally reached that point where it was too stiff, and it wasn't vaping right. So I had to change it- 7 days! A record for me.

And now the new carto- of course is CRAP right from the start. 2 hits in and it started tasting burnt, even though the filler is clearly soaked thru. It's just not wicking properly- every couple hits, I have to suck air thru it to get the filler wet again. I just KNEW this carto was going to be crap because when I opened it, I could see that the filler did not come up as far as normal- the filler is barely half way up the carto. It's the 2nd one I've seen like this in the past 2 weeks, and both have had the same problem. I guess the filler somehow got compacted in the manufacturing process, making it too dense to wick properly. I'm at work now, so I'm stuck with it until my lunch break. Man this sucks!

Lesson learned- if the filler is not up to normal height, just toss the carto! Don't even attempt to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread