Not open for further replies.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
I have been playing with some Kanthal ribbon wire I had around and I'm getting great results. Forgive me for not taking pictures of the great vapor this setup is kicking I'm too old for that, haha.

Wire: Kanthal A-1 Ribbon Wire .5mm x .1mm
Number of wraps: 6
Wire wrap tool: 2.4mm precision screwdriver
Final Resistance: 1.7ohm
Coil Setup: Single
Wick: 3mm Silica
rda: Helios
mod: sigelei Zmax V5

ae5tac.jpg

aom00o.jpg

2luonqv.jpg

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
Nice looking build!

My favorite Rda so far is my immortalizer. Is it a coincidence it uses ribbon wire? I don't know. I've used ribbon on my Genesis tanks with mixed success (due to the wicked not the Wire I presume) but haven't thought about using it in any other device. I wonder how well it would work in an aqua tank or in my Storm-A which is similiar to a n origen?

Thoughts?

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Nice looking build!

My favorite Rda so far is my immortalizer. Is it a coincidence it uses ribbon wire? I don't know. I've used ribbon on my Genesis tanks with mixed success (due to the wicked not the Wire I presume) but haven't thought about using it in any other device. I wonder how well it would work in an aqua tank or in my Storm-A which is similiar to a n origen?

Thoughts?

The ribbon covers a lot of the wick and I have noticed if a ribbon coil is wrapped too tight the wicks have a hard time keeping up. I used a 2.4mm bit and you know how ribbon slightly unwinds a little, it ends up about 3mm. Perfect for a 3mm wick, works amazing.

I don't know how well ribbon works in an RBA setup with a tank. I would think it would be great in an aqua. I might try a dual micro coil build with cotton soon. See how that works out.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Just got some round 30g in and built a DC .9ohm on a Patriot. I have been comparing ribbon and round, medium and low ohm, single coils and dual. The duals definitely kick more vapor for sure, sometimes too much for some but I like it.

I noticed a higher VG liquid and lower nic is very required getting into sub ohm. High PG is a rough on the throat. So if you like a good throat hit go with a single higher ohm coil like the one above. If you love the clouds and a low to medium throat the low ohm duals with the higher VG juice works well.

2w5ro9c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread