Low Budget Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickyjim

Oct 25, 2014
Bel Air, MD, USA
I am not the kind of person that will go spend $100+ on a mod. I am just wondering what low budget devices people are using and are happy with. I am currently using a $12 vv passthrough I recently bought online, had it for a week and everything is good. I know there are other cheap options out there as I also own a gripper ($8 from madvapes) with a $6 smoktech dripper and a $40 kamry k103 kit that came with mod, tank, 2 18350 batteries and a charger.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Go to Fast Tech and fill your boots. There are probably 40+ mods that are under $50 that are worth having.
I'm currently using a Zmax telescopic as my out and about mod. The new Vamos @ 25 and 35 watts are well made (although they do have issues) and can be had for less than $40.
A good option is an Evod 1300 mAh vv with a Kanger Emow tank. Just as good (for me) as a Provari and Kayfun but a tenth of the price.....

Dickyjim

Oct 25, 2014
Bel Air, MD, USA
Doesn't matter on mech or regulated. My most costly device at this time is a slug mod clone at $50 which i just liked and had to but for not being the normal 18650 tube style mech. Just like Grimwald said if it will fire and vape I'm happy, but like with most cheap things you normally get what you pay for. Just looking for inexpensive trusty devices.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
My favorite mech is the $15 brass Paps clone from fasttech, I use them with Magma and Origen clones.

More often I use my istick (around $35) with a Kayfun clone. I can not think of a better low budget setup right now.

I just ordered the paps clone as my first mech. Pretty much can't wait for it (and a magma, among other goodies). Stupid Fasttech...

The istick is also well worth the $35. In general, I "second" this post. Except I can't verify that the paps clone is awesome. Yet.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
iTaste vv/vw v3 -- dirt cheap for a vv/vw device
Sigelei Zmax -- if you can find a v3, you can probably find it for less than $40; if you can find a v5, less than $50.

desertvapes.com has (or had, at least, don't know if they still do) an Igo-L for about $8.

Vapor Kings has Smoktech cartotanks for $6, even the UDCT with the locking ring.

Andria

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
There are a lot of low budget devices out there. The cheapest on I have is a 26650 Stingray and a Stillare RDA. The stingray was $25.00 and the Stillare was $15.00. It's on of my daily vapes along with my Provari. The Stingray and Stillare are every bit as good as my Provari. I have other devices, but I don't use them everyday. But it is kind of funny that my most expensive vape and the cheapest one are the best that I have.

RWClark

Aug 18, 2014
Pheonix, Az
Another vote for the Istick. You can find them under $20 now if you look and are a bit lucky. I would also grab a $10 Magma clone from Fastech. You can find Kanthal A1 wire on Ebay for $5 for 100ft. Go to a local cosmetic shop and get a package of either KohGenDo or Shieshido cottom ($9). That will set you up for a long time.

The best money saving move I have made is to DIY my juice. I was paying $22 for 30ml. Now I mix 120ml for less then $5. You can get started with everything you need (including materials for about 200ml) for less then $40.

Both my wife and I run our Magmas on our Isticks at 1.2ohms and about 9-11 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread