Status
Not open for further replies.

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Hi All,

My name is TS and I would like to introduce you to Low Country Mountain Man. I started making little accessories and doodads for my gear about a year ago, and have finally decided to open it up and sell some of my stuff since I can only vape so much at once right? My specialty is wood or wood component pieces, there is just something warm and soulful in wood that stainless and brass don't express.

My first run will be wide bore drip tips but I am planning on also carrying more traditional tips, Reo button covers, cup holders, etc. The button covers should be available shortly, just working out some kinks as I would like them to fit the recent run of Woodvils without modification and tinkering of too much by the end user. This is still very much in hobby territory and not industry, so if you have any ideas, suggestions, feedback, whatever...I would love to hear it.

I would like to keep this thread more dedicated to a stock status and updates thread and I will open a GENERAL DISCUSSION AND CHIT CHAT THREAD HERE:

Low Country Mountain Man Discussion and Chit Chat | E-Cigarette Forum

And onto the good stuff, Drip Tips!
This is the first run, and as such I am treating it like many would treat a scratch and dent or blem sale. These first few tips were the transition from so-so to pretty good for me but they may have an imperfection or two, something to be learned from but should be mentioned none-the-less. As such they will be priced at what I think is a fair slash below what the next runs will be. Get them while you can!

***I will be putting all stock on the website: Low Country Mountain Man - Wood Drip Tips and Accessories and will honor sales made there first and foremost, if you want to do a deal via PM I'm more than happy to but I can't promise the real time guarantee you'll get the one you want but I will try my best***

CURRENT STOCK:
All of the current stock are "wide bore" short style tips. These are what I vape and I figured if they work I'll make some other sizes. They are also made for wider attys, the stainless shelf you see is ~15.25mm in diameter, while they will look great on Rogues, Nuppins, Odins, etc they most definitely will not on something like a Chalice. Please take that into consideration before buying.
DIMENSIONS:
Visible height above atty - ~15mm
Overall Height - ~19.5mm

Widest point - ~15.25mm

SBI-001 Stabilized Box Elder Burl, stabilized black but finished color is more of a deep purple or gray depending on the light. CA finish. $16
SBI001A_zpsdac4vd9q.jpg

SBI001B_zpstagden8d.jpg

SBI-002 Stabilized Box Elder Burl, stabilized black but finished color is more of a deep purple or gray depending on the light. CA finish. $SOLD
SBI002B_zpsakndmj8k.jpg

SBI002A_zps0dbvpxab.jpg

SBI-003 Stabilized Box Elder Burl, stabilized black but finished color is more of a deep purple or gray depending on the light. CA finish. $16
SBI003B_zps7s8tazql.jpg

SBI003A_zpsgkd6ssgj.jpg

SBI-004 Stabilized Box Elder Burl, stabilized black but finished color is more of a deep purple or gray depending on the light. Lacquer finish. $SOLD
SBI004B_zpsfplu0zfm.jpg

SBI004A_zps5wewkupq.jpg

SSS-001 Spalted Sycamore (Stabilized). Also stabilzed, this sycamore has coffee, tan, and gray colorings with black spalting. This one has some strange marks and coloring and is considered a blem even though it is still quite beautiful. Lacquer Finish. $15

SSS001A_zpsbldnrge3.jpg

SSS001B_zpsjq1odjjk.jpg

Last edited:

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Alright yall a couple button covers will be up on the site in just a moment. Maple in both an oil and gloss(CA) finish. Zebra and Wenge to follow. $12 a piece and I'm adding a free shipping option to everything on the site.

Oiled Maple Covers
OilMapleCovers_zpsmukv2sok.jpg

Glossy Maple Covers
CAMaplecovers_zpspryaqt01.jpg

DSC04091_zpssj2r20dz.jpg

Oiled Wenge Cover on Grand
Grandwithoilwengecover_zpsylnyvnln.jpg

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Still working but should be a little slow for the next month or so I'll be taking the last classes of my undergrad, taking the GMAT and CPA exams, and working my regular job too lol.

The good news is I've partnered with another local wood worker to rough prep some blanks for me so when I come back it should be with a massive update!

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Would you happen to have a derringer atty and can maker wider tips for it? The opening is bigger than other attys. I am having a hard time finding any tips that fit snugly..or just won't fall out.
I only have a clone so I don't know how close the tolerances are between yours and mine but either way the cores I have all have that stainless shelf at the moment which overhangs and looks goofy. I would suggest if you have a tip that looks good and is loose to try a few things:

1. You could replace the orig with a thicker one. My cores fit really snug with a Buna 005 or 006.

2. I know some people will remove the original oring and put a piece of tape or dental floss in the channel then replace the oring to make it stick out a little further (thus snugger)

PM me if you want to try replacing the oring I can send you a couple to try out.

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Is the shipping on your site correct for international orders.

No I set it high because I didn't have an actual weight number when I was doing it. If you PM me we can figure it out.

That is very kind of you to offer, since they are not your drip tips..thanks. Oh I see now, you have some O-rings that are fatter than standard ones used? This is the only atty I have run into so far like this.

I don't know what the "standard" is or if there even is one I just know from some feedback and my own experiences the 006 is real snug on everything I put it on including my clone derringer, odins, etc

Reactions: Wolfenstark

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
How lovely! Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Good luck with the GMATs. It's been a very (very) long time since I took them. Not so much fun :)
Thank you littlebird. Yeah thought because SC still has the lower standards for licensure and I had some excess credits from transferring that I could slide without going to grad school but the board said nuh-uh to some of my stuff from Colorado but whatever it is what it is.

Sent you an email too littlebird [emoji2]

Reactions: LittleBird

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Alright y'all sorry it's been a while but I've finally found a day or two to work up some more of these and now that school is done hopefully I can keep it up. I'm going to keep working and right now Mondays and Tuesdays are my days to do this stuff so if you like what you see but it's not quite exactly what you have in mind keep an eye out on Wednesdays, I think that will be my new "release day". As always this stuff can be had on my website at Low Country Mountain Man - Wood Drip Tips and Accessories or you can PM me through here and we can go the long route. A couple from the last round are still around as well, the maidou and one of the coppers posted above.

2 Tone Maidou Burl 002 - $22
2TM002D_zpsdomeyuam.jpg

2TM002C_zps2kgm2lnh.jpg

2TM002B_zpsv3q7n8cv.jpg

2 Tone Maidou Burl 003 - $22
2TM003C_zpsgbknudc7.jpg

2TM003B_zpsmccd3dnm.jpg

2TM003A_zpsjdorfsgp.jpg

Spalted Stabilized Sycamore 002 - $22
SSS002D_zpsqygapayx.jpg

SSS002B_zps51zraqfr.jpg

SSS002C_zpst0focbe0.jpg

Thuya Burl 001 - $22
TB001D_zps12fhsy9e.jpg

TB001B_zpshrrihh5m.jpg

TB001A_zpsyfhhpu6e.jpg

Birdseye Maple - $20

BEM001B_zpsfcznymkv.jpg

TS12000

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Charleston SC
Really like that spalted sycamore!!! When can I expect some more of those? ;)
Might be a little while as I have to order some more blanks. I will have some very similar maple in the next week or two though.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread