Low Ohm Cartomizers and the LUX Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebarooski

Jul 13, 2010
Littleton, CO USA
NICE! They're going to have to be nothing short of amazing to get me to stop using the new 902 cartos though, no joke.

I like the new 902 cartos too although my wife liked the older model. I noticed all the new and old cartos were about 7 to 9 ohms higher than the 902 SS atty (which i love to drip with) so this new "dual" should match the SS better.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I like the new 902 cartos too although my wife liked the older model. I noticed all the new and old cartos were about 7 to 9 ohms higher than the 902 SS atty (which i love to drip with) so this new "dual" should match the SS better.

Thanks for posting that. I was wondering if you checked it. It amazes me because I feel the new carto is so much closer to dripping on the attys. At night I've gone back to dripping on the newer SS Sidesho atty with the larger bridge. AMAZING.

Here is a correction on the ohm readings. The cartos run about 7 to 9 tenths of an ohm higher than the SS 902 atty. DUH! My meter shows the SS 902 at 2.5 ohms and the cartos(902 and Sidesho) at about 3.2 to 3.4 ohms.

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Garn, I must have done something wrong with the mv cartos 902 couldn't get them to fill prop. I did however by mistake odered some 510 joye cartos from TVR and fell in love, as close to d. drip as I have found. I haven't tried the Boge's but am super happy with the 510's. I also asked you a question on another thread about how to lift the batt contact as one of my lux batts. is recessed too much to work with these 510's? Thanks and look forward to your reply.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Hey there, Joeman. I answered the other thread. As for the 510s, good luck. Hopefully you can get the 902s to work for you because we'd love to hear your thoughts. You'd be the first person I've seen that has tried a 510 AND a 902 and prefer the 510. That being said, I almost wonder if you have the older 902 because its more tricky to fill as it has an owner o-ring in addition to that outer plastic cap. Does your 902 have the MV log on it? If it does, its the old model. The new one's are superior and the closest to dripping on an atty that I've found. How do you fill them and the 510s?

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Gar, thanks for the response and I got my order 3-8-11 and the cartos do have the logo on them so are ob. the old ones. I tried to fill them every way I found on ECF, syringe in the side, the condom trick, etc. just flooded my batts, leaked and then got burnt. I am a noob to cartos as I started vaping with the ILL ELUMA!!! So got the Lux and love it. The I guess new joye 510's I fill with a syringe in the midle and move up and down dispursing the juice and wokrs great. I can also top off by dripping into the thread end slowly and works also great but need to remember to do the blow, suck trick,(not gay) to work well. I will try the new cartos as I'd like my biz to come from one supplier. Thanks much.
Hey there, Joeman. I answered the other thread. As for the 510s, good luck. Hopefully you can get the 902s to work for you because we'd love to hear your thoughts. You'd be the first person I've seen that has tried a 510 AND a 902 and prefer the 510. That being said, I almost wonder if you have the older 902 because its more tricky to fill as it has an owner o-ring in addition to that outer plastic cap. Does your 902 have the MV log on it? If it does, its the old model. The new one's are superior and the closest to dripping on an atty that I've found. How do you fill them and the 510s?

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Any time, Joe. I had a feeling you didn't have the new cartos. They're night and day. Although I like the old ones for ease of use, I wasn't a huge fan of the flavor, nor any carto I've tried - until this new 902. Please let us know.
As for filling them, I'm always looking for something to not be a PITA, and not messy - which is why I really like the cartos in general. I don't bother with the condom method, nor a syringe - not even the Taryn Spin. I pop the outer white cap off the end (old cartos also have an o-ring under the cap to be popped off), drip onto the filler all the way around the center hole until it looks almost saturated and either pop the outer cap back on or stick a drip tip on it (drip tip for a LUX because of length). The initial fill of the old cartos for me was 25 drops with a refill of around 20 drops. The new cartos seem to hold more. I get between 35 and 45 drops in there for the initial fill. Good luck and never hesitate to ask stuff or join in a discussion. This whole forum is amazing and I find the MV people to be some of the best. I say some because you have to watch that Berube guy. :)

Last edited:

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Gotcha and thanks for the berbe heads up. LOL I'll order the new cartos and give them a try. I love MV's service. I just need the menthol that goes in and out the same. The cartos do help in that for flav, I still owe you one.
Any time, Joe. I had a feeling you didn't have the new cartos. They're night and day. Although I like the old ones for ease of use, I wasn't a huge fan of the flavor, nor any atty I've tried - until this new 902. Please let us know.
As for filling them, I'm always looking for something to not be a PITA, and not messy - which is why I really like the cartos in general. I don't bother with the condom method, nor a syringe - not even the Taryn Spin. I pop the outer white cap off the end (old cartos also have an o-ring under the cap to be popped off), drip onto the filler all the way around the center hole until it looks almost saturated and either pop the outer cap back on or stick a drip tip on it (drip tip for a LUX because of length). The initial fill of the old cartos for me was 25 drops with a refill of around 20 drops. The new cartos seem to hold more. I get between 35 and 45 drops in there for the initial fill. Good luck and never hesitate to ask stuff or join in a discussion. This whole forum is amazing and I find the MV people to be some of the best. I say some because you have to watch that Berube guy. :)

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
One more for the road, I checked the MV site and they still show the cartos with the logo. I ordered mine prefilled on the earlier order I mentioned. How will I know when ordering? tks.
Gotcha and thanks for the berbe heads up. LOL I'll order the new cartos and give them a try. I love MV's service. I just need the menthol that goes in and out the same. The cartos do help in that for flav, I still owe you one.

Yes I use Boge lr cartos I get them at Ivape they work great!

I bought some of these and for some reason sometimes they do not shut off with manual batteries. They stay on even after you release the button. Ever had this happen with yours? I connect them to a 902 manual and a 902 pass through. Wierd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread