Low resistance? Standard? Ohms???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Yes, it matters. Generally, the lower the resistence (ohms) the warmer the vapor. But the lower you go in resistence and especially if you want to try heads (attys or cartomizers, clearos) that are dual coil (which provides fuller/warmer vapor), you have to have a PV with a switch that can handle them. Your eGo has the weakest switch (2.5 amp switch) on the market and can't handle certain heads. The 1.4 ohm single coil head is really pushing the eGo. The eGo just can't handle dual coils (DCC's) below 2.0 ohm.

PV models like the Vamo, Zmax or Provari with good switches (3.5+ amps) will handle most heads on the market.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    So I will ruin my batteries by using the 1.4-1.8Ω? What is the best resistance for what I have?

This is what I bought
    Bauway CE4 Purple LR Clearomizer - $2.99 : EasyVapors.com, Electronic Cigarette Refills E Liquid
    from their web site:
    Since these are LR it is recommended that you only use them on batteries that are rated at more than 400mah.

You stated that you have 900 & 1300mAh bats, so you should be fine.
    I do agree that 1.4ohms would be pushing your luck, but 1.8ohms would be just fine.
    While your mAh is fine, the mosfet ckt in your ego switch can fail at about 1.3ohms.

mosfet
    The metal–oxide–semiconductor field-effect transistor (MOSFET, MOS-FET, or MOS FET) is a transistor used for amplifying or switching electronic signals.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    So I will ruin my batteries by using the 1.4-1.8Ω? What is the best resistance for what I have?

This is what I bought
    Bauway CE4 Purple LR Clearomizer - $2.99 : EasyVapors.com, Electronic Cigarette Refills E Liquid

It won't "ruin" your batteries, but it will make them wear out faster and may not be strong enough to get the best vape for your particular PV. It's one of the reasons I rarely recommend eGo type (fixed, Twist, Spinner) PV's. Plus the fact that they way over-charge for the their batteries ($25+).

If you had a Vamo ($27 - $39), for example, that has a 5 amp switch, you can use just about any clearo/atty/carto on the market as the switch is powerful enough to handle the power demand. Plus the batteries last twice as long as the eGo batteries and cost $11.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The following SAFE VAPING POWER CHART is often used by beginning vapors as a general guideline to pick the best resistance (ohm rating) for their delivery device for the voltage(s) used for their particular battery device. This is a logrhythmic chart with ohms in the left verticle column and voltage in the upper horizontal column. Meet the two values together and you get the wattage given. 6 - 8 watts is a typical average to shoot for, which will be in the "best vaper" green zone.

Most single voltage (fixed voltage) batteries such as eGo batteries or mechanical mods have a voltage output of 3.7 volts. Safe resistances to use will be between 1.8 - 2.8 ohm, with 2.0 ohm being a nice average.

Variable voltage devices such as an eGo Spinner or Twist, Vamo, ZMax, or Provari have the option to increase or decrease their voltage output. A resistance of 3.0 ohm works nice to use between 3.7v - 5.0 volts.

Lower ohms will give a warmer vapor; to some it might appear to be too harsh or to burn some fragile flavors such as fruit.

Higher ohms will give a cooler vapor; to some it may seem inadequate or unsatisfying.

Which you prefer will be subjective. There is no "best" except for what your individual preference is.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    The following SAFE VAPING POWER CHART is often used by beginning vapors as a general guideline to pick the best resistance (ohm rating) for their delivery device for the voltage(s) used for their particular battery device. This is a logrhythmic chart with ohms in the left verticle column and voltage in the upper horizontal column. Meet the two values together and you get the wattage given. 6 - 8 watts is a typical average to shoot for, which will be in the "best vaper" green zone.

Most single voltage (fixed voltage) batteries such as eGo batteries or mechanical mods have a voltage output of 3.7 volts. Safe resistances to use will be between 1.8 - 2.8 ohm, with 2.0 ohm being a nice average.

Variable voltage devices such as an eGo Spinner or Twist, Vamo, ZMax, or Provari have the option to increase or decrease their voltage output. A resistance of 3.0 ohm works nice to use between 3.7v - 5.0 volts.

Lower ohms will give a warmer vapor; to some it might appear to be too harsh or to burn some fragile flavors such as fruit.

Higher ohms will give a cooler vapor; to some it may seem inadequate or unsatisfying.

Which you prefer will be subjective. There is no "best" except for what your individual preference is.

This is very good information. But on the "chart", just understand, it does NOT apply to dual coil atomizers or cartomizers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread