Low Vapor production???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jUsoNeaZn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
NY
I got some kona milkshake and some naked vanilla, love the taste of the vape. But, I am having a slight problem with the kona milkshake. After about 1/2 a tank on, on a brand new tank, I am getting a lot less vapor production out of my gear. I tried switching to another tank that I had filled up with some other juice and it vapes fine. It started out great, great taste, great throat hit, but now I am getting about half the vapor production as before. When I activate my manual battery I can hear it firing away, but for some reason, less vapor after such a short time on a new tank? Anyone else experience this?

Gear: Halo Triton

jUsoNeaZn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
NY
so I think I might have found the problem, but might have another. when I took the tank off that had the Kona in it, I noticed that there was a bunch of juice on my battery and that the hold that leads through the tank to the coil had liquid in it. I had heard some odd sounds when vaping on it, and this was most likely the problem. I just cleaned my tank and will fill it with another juice, perhaps the tank was bad, maybe it it the consistency of the juice. I have not had this problem with my Triton before, but I am also just vaping on VV juice for the first time too. Will post back when I refill my tank with another juice to see if it is the tank or the juice.

jUsoNeaZn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
NY
haha....nah bro, no build up on the coils at all, checked with a dry burn, clean.....

N i got black hair, cut short, brown eyes, 5'8 and drive an old ... subaru.......fishing, meh, could have fun but wouldn't do on my own accord......look at my profile name BTW, its got the words "azn" in it, which I know is spelled wrong, but ya, I think U can figure that out :p

will post after I test the tank n let U know the results, leaks, I know its the tank, no leak, juice maybe, won't find out till test

jUsoNeaZn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
NY
haha, np bro....but in my first post, I literally said I use a Halo Triton. Also said my prob was with Kona and had a question to see if anyone had leakage with this liquid. Also, I retracted my first post by saying I would test out the new found prob I had hahah, bro, plz tell me U have ADD and don't read everything in a post o something, cuz uR losing a lot of points here......but thanks for trying to help, I think, at least i'ma take it that way lolz!!!! if U had said something like, "were U an ex smoker who now loves vaping!" U would have been spot on......U missed the whole point of my post!!!! lolz, plz read better next time :)

jUsoNeaZn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
NY
Not yet bro, waiting for my gear to dry, give it a quick dry burn,refill when I wake up and go from there, will update when I get the results in. If its the tank, then I got a spare ready to be cracked open. Really don think its the juice, but ya, maybe the viscosity was unbalanced due to wrong ratios or something. Heard that if the juice is too viscous that it can tend to cause leakage. Meh, it could be either of those or perhaps something else. Only time will tell. At least I can rule out some options at the very least. Just never had that happen to me before, the leakage, read some posters say that their Triton never leaks, but others have said that they have had the same prob. Gonna go with that I might have done something wrong, since my first two ideas are unlikely, but I just don know what I could have done wrong, wasn't my first time filling a tank.

Sage-femme

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Beautiful Central Florida
Hey there, jumping in here a little late but ...

I can't use Halo juices because of the PG but I use VV and some other all VGs with Triton tanks. If you'll notice, the top ml marking on the Triton tank falls just below where the wicks enter the coil at the bottom of the silicone post condom. It is my experience that if I fill the tanks above that 2.4ml marking, they will gurgle, leak onto the battery and decrease vape EVERY time. You also should make sure that when you put the coil in the tank, and after every fill, you really tighten and re-tighten the coil onto the post. The coil will tend to loosen when you take the top/drip tip off the Triton and if it gets loose, jooz will get into the tank tube and cause the same "symptoms". Those Triton tanks will vape to darn near empty with a "tilt and swirl" if everything is tight. Good luck!

jUsoNeaZn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
NY
after closer testing, I narrowed it down to the juice being too thin. I have used the tank with other juices with no prob, and so I took a closer look at the juice itself. when I compared the juice with others, I saw that the liquid was much thinner and less viscous that the other juices that I have. I even compared it with another juice from the same company and the signs were very noticeable. Not too much of a prob, I just have to adjust my vaping and keep the tank upright at all times, can't just let it lay on its side while I go off and do something else. Just a minor annoyance, so I am not too worried.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
after closer testing, I narrowed it down to the juice being too thin. I have used the tank with other juices with no prob, and so I took a closer look at the juice itself. when I compared the juice with others, I saw that the liquid was much thinner and less viscous that the other juices that I have. I even compared it with another juice from the same company and the signs were very noticeable.
Not too much of a prob, I just have to adjust my vaping and keep the tank upright at all times, can't just let it lay on its side while I go off and do something else. Just a minor annoyance, so I am not too worried.

modify your coil to suit your need
twist up some cotton into wick, then add some accross the top
only thing that could happen is you could suffocate the air draw
meaning you added to much, just adjust with less...

- http://www.tropicalvapors.com/assets/images/Kanger-T2-Coil-3.jpg

- http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-H5-RDWONe...w/pGOD7i3K_eE/s1600/KangerTs+Disassembled.jpg

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread