Lowe"s bans the use of e-cigs on it's property

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfiebeast

Jan 22, 2010
Alabama
Lowe's Home Improvement has updated it's no smoking policy to now include E-cigs.

Policy Number 415:

Lowe's desires to support the public health and safety of it's employees and customers. In order to promote and provide a healthy and safe work environment, Lowe's bans the use of tobacco products and simulated smoking products( e.g. e-cigarettes) at customer support center locations, regional offices or store building or at outside break areas, docks, parking lots and any other area on Lowe's property.

All employees, visitors, customers and other personnel are responsible for adhering to this policy.

customercare@[I]lowes[/I].com

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
Email sent, and I stressed that they should do their own research into the facts versus the BS the FDA is spouting off. I also informed them of the several large forums dedicated to e-cig users, and what topics we discuss here. Lastly I made sure that I made it perfectly clear they wouldn't get another dollar of mine... :)

wazzup592

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Ohio USA
If be offended as a smoker even... no smoking on the parking lot. That is nonsense. vaping is even more nonsense. Just make it no breathing. Well there will be no breathing, when they lose an entire group of people from a forum as large as this one. Hone depot will be my new place evn though Lowes is closer

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Wow, screw you, Lowe's!!!:evil::evil::evil: <----wish the devil and flames were blue!:laugh:
Too much competition between HI stores to exclude construction workers, some of the heaviest smokers out there. Typical .....ic corporate flunkies making decisions without any field experience to give the illusion of political correctness!:grr::grr::grr:

yohann976

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Deer Park, WA
Not that it matters, but would people be able to smoke or vape in their cars in the parking lot? I guess the car would technically be on their property and there would be a 99.99% chance that a mother would be walking right by with her baby at the exact moment that an individual is exhaling pure poison and that baby would get second hand poison.

schaedj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
The 'Burgh
My office did the same thing - They announced a tobacco-free workplace - no one can use tobacco products anywhere on company property. A week later, they sent out an update that e-cigs are included in the ban. All of the smokers get in a car 3 times a day and drive off site to smoke.

I just keep using my Personal Vaporizer (Duh? electronic cigarette? Never heard of it.) in my office, and no one has bothered me yet.

Crumpet

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
central VA
Gee, I wonder if they banned the use of nicotine patches and nicorette too!!!

Excellent question, and one I intend to pose when I send my email. I'm all for the health and safety of everyone but I prefer that critical thinking be an actual part of the decision making process (silly me). If they don't ban nicotine gum and patches there is no sound reason for banning vaporizers. This is where the pvs that don't look like cigs at all come in handy. If you get asked, just tell them it's your vapor breathing treatment and ask if there is an issue with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread