Lowering the nicotine levels in liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
Ok I have read about making your own liquid etc etc.....but I am sooo confused about how I can take e-liquid I buy and make it lower. For instance I want to make low liquid....Can I do that with Medium liquid or do I need to buy high liquid to cut it to make low? Do I just add some PG to it? Can anyone explain this to me in simple terminalogy?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hi Tumbleweed, you should have no problem making low from medium eliquid. Get some glycerine or propylene glycol and just mix it with the commercial juice in proportions you want for strength, eg if you start with 11mg eliquid and dilute with glycerine 50%, you'll end up with a 5.5mg mix.

You adjust proportions to get the strength you want. The glycerine also smooths the flavour so you might find it reduces the throat harshness. There are some threads about flavourings on the diy eliquid board if you need to add some.

Kimmiegrif

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
Maryland USA
OMG!!!! I should have diluted the juice i vap election night. I laid on our couch and watched the last few hours of the election results, drinking red wine and vaping med nic janty juice...I over did it! And when I went to a meeting the next day and had to speak...I was still feeling really strange, it finally occurred to me that, I may have over did the vaping the night before. Be careful, I find that I vap, when I can a lot more than, I would grab that burning ... here and there...

Heart's Smoking

Oct 23, 2008
SoCal, USA
On mine, you only get about five or six drags before the battery needs to go back into the charger for four hours.

This is my cue to go and have a proper smoke.

In that case, you might need a new battery :(

I have one battery that is kind of wimpy and another that seems to last forever (knock wood), both brand new, but even the wimpy one gives me more than 6 drags... But yes, tonight I discovered a good stopping point for me is when I need to charge, even if the thing is still working. If its disassembled, I can't puff it, lol.

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
You can calculate the nic level in any mixture using formula:
(n1*ml1 + n2*ml2 + ...)/(ml1 + ml2 + ...) , where n is the amount of nic and ml amount of liquid. So should you eg. take 1ml 36mg, 1ml 8mg and 2ml PG, youd get (36*1 + 8*1 + 0*2)/(1 + 1 + 2) = 11mg. Or if 1ml 36mg, 2ml 8mg and 1ml PG, youd get (36*1 + 8*2 + 0*1)/(1 + 2 + 1) = 13mg.
I don't generally see mixing worth it though. Just kills the flavor.

Last edited:

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
jigtg......you have completely confused me...I'm horrible at math!

I just put the glycerin in the syringe from the top and measured it. (no idea why I didn't think of that before instead of trying to use the needle.)

So far the liquid still has the taste. So 50/50 isn't so bad. Will keep experimenting. Thanks everyone for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread