LR atty build quality issue: Anyone else experiencing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently ordered 4 LR attomizers and received them yesterday. I've noticed that on every one of them, the metal sleeve that makes up the exterior of the atty is loose at the bottom and will slide off of the threaded base, exposing the internals of the atomizer. Also, due to not gripping the base worth a damn, they're quite difficult to thread into the battery (I have a Silver Bullet), and have to have pressure applied downward to get them to thread in w/o spinning the sleeve.

I've also noticed my carts (both the whistle tips purchased with the atomizers, as well as my existing cartridges) want to fall out from within the sleeve of the atty as they fit extremely loosely. Surprisingly, sometimes their grip to the atty exceeds the sleeve's grip to it's base and the whole thing falls apart when trying to remove the cart.

What gives? Is anyone else having the same experience with these atties? Did I just receive a bad batch? I paid good money for these things thinking I was going to get a well built product. My experience thus far indicates quite the opposite!

AiricR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I ordered 5....3 were doa...and doa meaning 3 puffs and poof.I got one that will not let go of a burnt taste...and the one that does work and is still working is loose like yours...I had 2 that were bent pretty bad and would not let my tornado cone thread on very good...

TW's LR atty's seem to be of a lot better build..No burn taste, but do have a break in period to them.

Last edited:

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
I ordered 5....3 were doa...and doa meaning 3 puffs and poof.I got one that will not let go of a burnt taste...and the one that does work and is still working is loose like yours...I had 2 that were bent pretty bad and would not let my tornado cone thread on very good...

Not to be obstinate, but if you got even a single puff, they weren't DOA. Dead on arrival means that when it arrives.... it's dead. No warming at all, no vapor, no puffs. On a device like this, a perfectly good atty could be rendered dead by 3 puffs when it's too dry, and that is hardly the atomizer's fault.

Not saying nothing was wrong, just that they weren't 'DOA'.

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Oh joy, another LR atty problem thread by some guy with 11 posts here and a Tornado/SB/ whatever...
maybe there should be a test or something to be able to buy the LR's;)

a) Did you contact Drew first before posting here?

b) Did you read the part where these are in the development stage as Drew looks for the best supplier / design? Yes there may be some issues to clear up, we were warned going into this.

c) AiricR...very poor form to talk about other vendors in the Nhaler forum. Also, wait until TW ships you a DOA part (and they will) and see how their customer service compares.

Last edited:

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
There would not no need to contact anybody, these atomizers have no warranty at all. If they are still in process of development who would pay 11.00 for one of these and take 2-3 puffs and its dead. I say look for a cheaper atomizer or look for a supplier that gives some kind of warranty.

These atomizers are not lasting nearly as long as regular atomizers so why do they cost more. Its because they are popular right now and everybody is going crazy over them. I think I will wait for them to improve and get a little cheaper before I make my purchase.

AiricR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh joy, another LR atty problem thread by some guy with 11 posts here and a Tornado/SB/ whatever...

b) Did you read the part where these are in the development stage as Drew looks for the best supplier / design? Yes there may be some issues to clear up, we were warned going into this.

c) AiricR...very poor form to talk about other vendors in the Nhaler forum. Also, wait until TW ships you a DOA part (and they will) and see how their customer service compares.

Not bad form...Just comparing the two is all. $60.00 for 1 good atty ??

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida

Debook well said. i was gonna say kinda the same thing but you said it all. Great job.

Cos

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
ok maybe they didnt know so here is the deal. and this is for newer people. if you are on a certain suppliers forum like this is Nhaler.com you do not mention another supplier. that just isnt right. same if you were on joe blow.com you dont mention any other supplier on that forum other than joe blow.com. its very bad ettiquette. i did the same thing when i was new. and i was told by many people i was wrong. i apoligized and then realized its not right.
Case closed and now everyone who reads this knows.

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Thanks Cos....I have to admit I am getting tired of the "I fried 3 LR's on my TornEgo because I have no clue what I am doing" threads.

If the sleeve of an atty is coming off, thats obviously a different issue but Drew should be contacted first rather than flamed on here.

I think it's time for a LR atty howto sticky...I'll be happy to start if Scottbee and other Nhaler 'regulars' are willing to input as well! Drew?

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Thanks Cos....I have to admit I am getting tired of the "I fried 3 LR's on my TornEgo because I have no clue what I am doing" threads.

If the sleeve of an atty is coming off, thats obviously a different issue but Drew should be contacted first rather than flamed on here.

I think it's time for a LR atty howto sticky...I'll be happy to start if Scottbee and other Nhaler 'regulars' are willing to input as well! Drew?

I'm down with that, debook. I saw these things as what they are (a different beast), made some mistakes, learned from them, did my research, asked about things I wasn't clear on (thank you Scottbee). I'm having fantastic results from them too, I'd be happy to provide my input.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida

Debook you are totally correct my friend. i get tired of people doing this too. anyone who has a problem should contact the supplier with an email or a phone call or a private pm. Not post it on the open forum. again thats not right. anyway i should mind my own business.
PriestSLC you didnt do anything wrong. i wasnt referring to you at all. I was referring to AiricR 's post and any other newer people. anyway going outside for awhile have more coffee and look at my lawn that needs cutting.

CHUCKLEHEAD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Redneck Rivera
Well heres my 2 cents. I bought a Phidamus Woodimus and it came with 2 LR attys.Now keep in mind i usually vape at 6v's!Well i popped that 18650 batt and the LR atty on.And topped it of with some of Drews HV 555! And dam it man:evil: It knocked my socks off! Ok now 3 weeks and both attys have died:( So will i order more at 12$ a piece ? Most definetly! Do i wish they were cheaper most definetly! Do i wish they weren't in the developement stage most definetly! :p HELL I COULD EASILY SPEND 12$ A DAY ON ANALOGS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread