LR atty life span..

Status
Not open for further replies.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
I just ordered a couple of the LR atty's from Drew, does anyone have anything to say about how long they have been lasting?

I'm not talking about abusing them, just regular usage on a simple 3.7v battery.

Are they lasting a few days? Weeks?

I did some searches but didn't come up with anything concrete. Hoping some of the forum lurkers here have some actual usage info..

mkchll

Verified Member
Feb 24, 2010
ma
I've had 1 on 14500 dse905 and 1 on an 18650 for over a month and they both work like new. they seem to be getting better if that makes any sence. It really kicks on the 18650, really warm. Both batteries produce insane amounts of vapor with the LR atty, so much that it fills up the room or car im sitting in and lingers. These things are crazy! could never go back to a 3.7 without a LR atty. Drew has spoiled us!

P.S. I've never had a atty quit working before three weeks, most a lot longer all i do is blow them out once a day.

mkchll

Verified Member
Feb 24, 2010
ma
One other thing on the LR atty..I think using drews juices, Octane and high voltage makes a diference. Three drips and I get atleast 10-12 solid hits..I think a big part of the life span on these things is keeping them wet, dripping is the only option, carts will not keep em wet with the heat they produce. The heat these things produce is crazy, I would only use Drew's juice with these, I think it keeps them running better..I use his lung juice to, which seems to burn off a little quicker but theres something with all his juices, you just dont get that build up of gunk with them.. Good job Drew!

LOL...I made two orders of LR Attys from NHaler.com

First order (2 Atomizers)
1. DOA
2. Dies after taking about 5 puffs.

Second Order (3 Atomizers)
1/2/3. All three dead after about an hour of use.

This was the biggest waste of $70. I have never felt so ripped off. I gave one of my eGo attys to a friend thinking I would be ok because I just got 3 from Nhaler on my second order...(and assuming I just had some bad luck with my first order). Now, I only have one good atomizer that came with my eGo kit. Believe me; I dripped on them plenty. I was tasting the full flavor of my juice when they died on me.

Last edited:

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
All attys are kinda hit or miss. LR attys are no different.

You have to remember that the whole idea of an LR atty is to create the same watts (heat) that a regular atty does at 5-6v. Anyone who's been vaping for long with a HV device knows that the extra heat will shorten an atty's life. Don't overdo the chain vaping. And yeah, you have to keep 'em wet, but try not to flood 'em.

My first LR 510 lasted 10 days. My second one is going on 2 weeks. If I can average 2-3 weeks with 'em I'll be quite satisfied.

georgiasl

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2010
NC, USA
I am still on my first LR atty its been a little over two weeks now and it is still working fine. I drip and I put it down when it starts to get too hot. I think you just have to baby these a bit more if you want them to last. There will always be the odd bad one in a batch just like any atty but the vaping experience with these on a 3.7v mod can't be beat.

tomoiaga

Mar 30, 2010
Cluj-Napoca
guys, nobody tests every atty that it sells. The attys are produced by 1 or 2 big companies, that's it. You can't really blame Drew here. He buys some attys are resells them but don't think he will test each of that atty (ergo the warranty of 1 day or whatever). However, Drew may have a good source for attys compared to others (based on the reviews) and may choose not to add dead attys to packs as others do.
This is a business take it as it is, do not blame the seller unless you really have good reasons.You can always change him anyway. LR attys should have a short life and many will die pretty fast, it's LR after all. I have HR attys, many of them (SLBs actually since I was a noob) but I can't blame the seller, the attys work (at HV are pretty good).

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
My first one just died after 3-4 days. It was getting a nasty taste so I decided to soak it in lemon juice then distilled water. It was left out to dry for a day and then i tried to blow it out to make sure there was no more liquid in there. After i was sure it was completely dried I popped it on and nada. I believe the coil broke somewhere during the soak.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
i have 3 from drew and all 3 are in extra heavy use and keep getting better and none have died, and i have even dry burned 2 of them like 5 times already.

I dont know why they are dying for some folks but so far these new 510 lv atty's are kicking ... over here.
I'm no circuitry expert or atty modder, but I just dissected my atty and these are quite simple inside. Basically two wires that connect to a very thin wire, I'm assuming that's where the LR comes in. Thinner wire = less current to heat right? So the very thing that makes these run better at lower voltage is what makes them easier to burn out.

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Actually Krythis, the LR atty's have to endure more current at lower voltage (3.7 vs 5) to make the same watts as a 5V device with standard atty. I think it is a smaller amount of the nichrome wire that creates the low resistance aspect, but that smaller amount has to handle more current - I haven't dissected one myself to confirm but this sounds reasonable:rolleyes:

Interesting that the only people reporting problems here all use them on the eG0/Tornado. The one that has died on me died on my Tornado as well, while on the Bartleby (& now XShaler!) another LR atty has been going strong for a couple of weeks no prob. That cone slows the draw across the atty which I suspect could lead to the atty getting too hot...?

ScottBee, you use them on a Tornado right...any probs or words of wisdom on this?;)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I was talking to someone last night about the same thing...Not only the Tornego batts but Mega, and batteries that are low on charge...Theoretically it dosent make any sense...I think it may have something to do with the cone but not positive...Some have also been having some problems with SOME of the adapters on certain mods???
Drew

Last edited:

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
I was talking to someone last night about the same thing...Not only the Tornego batts but Mega, and batteries that are low on charge...Theoretically it dosent make any sense...I think it may have something to do with the cone but not positive...Some have also been having some problems with SOME of the adapters on certain mods???
Drew

Now that you mention it, I've been using these pretty much exclusively. A LOT. I have only burned one out during use, but it was on the TornEgo. In fact, one of the very first ones I got a month ago has been in CONSTANT use on my XHaler with a 17670 and it just keeps getting stronger. Then there is the one I posted about in another thread that I think was DOA (please note though, I very well could have just instantly popped it. If you read the other thread, I cleaned it upon arrival and the first time I tried to fire it was on.... a TornEgo). I have 5 others (and 5 in reserve right now) that are in rotation but very heavy use on my XHaler and XSHaler and have had no problems at all. There is only one left that I use on the TornEgo with any regularity, and until I get a handle on any possible connection, it will probably stay that way.

Overall though, I have now purchased 12 of these over the course of a month, used them heavily, and only lost 2. In my book, that's pretty good for a 'hot rod' type product, and I'm happy.

Drew, just for clarification, can you mention which adaptors? And if there have been any problems with XHalers /XShalers with your adaptors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread