LR JOYE 2.0Ω Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Just noticed these are listed on ikenvape.com, but are listed as out-of-stock.

Did these come in and go out so fast that I didn't have a chance to place an order? Being a non-gigantic mod type of guy... I'm keen to give these a whirl ;)

Although I may have to go shopping for a plastic case to carry a spare 16340 to get a single-batt lizard to last long enough with this sort of drain on it. I got no problems carrying a spare batt along with a 3ml bottle, a paperclip, and a tissue to maintain a days worth of vaping nirvana.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Are these actually Joye attys? I hope not as I dislike Joye 510 as they always taste burnt to me. If they are not Joye I can't wait to try one! I've been using one of the 901 2.0ohm attys for the last several days on the LPV3 and am loving it!

I got no problems carrying a spare batt along with a 3ml bottle, a paperclip, and a tissue to maintain a days worth of vaping nirvana.

Ok I have to ask... what's the paperclip for?

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Ok I have to ask... what's the paperclip for?

Refilling. I use blue foam for filler. When refilling i push the foam to the bottom of the cart, fill it up, then pull the foam back up with the paper clip. Faster than waiting for the liquid to seep down and less guesswork about how much is in there.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
VM,

I believe they were never there, they are coming. A little birdie told me this WE :) The drain will not be as pronounced at 2 Ohms as it would be at 1.5 Ohms. but I would definitely carry a spare batt. On the other hand if you have an extension sleeve, the 14670 should handle it quite nicely for an 8hr day.

I'm wondering... where do you get your 14670 batts and what charger do you use to charge them? Too bad the 17670s are a smidge too big.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I would think the paperclip is for moving around his filler in the cart.
I am only guessing.
You posted as I typed. LOL

Hey... its like a chatroom in here right now... howdy.

OHHHHHHHHH now I feel dumb LOL since I went to dripping I forgot all the fun with carts. Thank you both for the quick answer :)

Yup... funny how things go out-of-sight and out-of-mind so fast :)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Lol hey guys, Always miss the chatroom style threads!.
We did have them for the past 2 weeks and been playing with them exclusively. I can tell you, they are built solid and built to last so far (2 week rule of thumb). I noticed they don't like the IMR high drain batteries. With the IMR, I only get 3-4 hours out of them. Directly cuts the IMR in half, but the 4.2V stream is steady.
I also found that the Li-ion really shines with these. As odd as it sounds the li-ion life stands in favor over the IMR. On a 10440, I'm getting 3.5 hours. On the 16340 AW li-ion, we're getting 6+ hours, so not much of a decrease. The 5v feeling is indeed there and the best part is, that there is no Burnt tastes whatsoever (WWay ;)) I'm personally calling these to myself, "the holy grail' of atoms each time I use it. :lol: honestly.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I also found that the Li-ion really shines with these. As odd as it sounds the li-ion life stands in favor over the IMR. On a 10440, I'm getting 3.5 hours. On the 16340 AW li-ion, we're getting 6+ hours, so not much of a decrease. The 5v feeling is indeed there and the best part is, that there is no Burnt tastes whatsoever (WWay ;)) I'm personally calling these to myself, "the holy grail' of atoms each time I use it. :lol: honestly.

Sounds like it might be time for me to dare to drill those holes in the end cap of my lizard then :) Maybe I'm being overly cautious, first by wanting the venting, and then by hesitating to bust out the drill :blink:

Reminds me that I have got to get setup to measure voltage levels under different loads. I would've expected the LiMNs to work better with lower resistance. Do the LiMNs give a better hit but just doesn't last as long compared to the Li-ions? Just curious. Wondering how much sag there is under load with each type of batt.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Well that sells it for me :) Thanks Isaac!! I'll be sure to get one to try on my next order. I'm loving the LR 901 you sent!!
Your very welcome WWay! There was a birthday, graduation and everything else going on great in your life, there just has to be presents given for that!!!

Sounds like it might be time for me to dare to drill those holes in the end cap of my lizard then :) Maybe I'm being overly cautious, first by wanting the venting, and then by hesitating to bust out the drill :blink:

Reminds me that I have got to get setup to measure voltage levels under different loads. I would've expected the LiMNs to work better with lower resistance. Do the LiMNs give a better hit but just doesn't last as long compared to the Li-ions? Just curious. Wondering how much sag there is under load with each type of batt.
I still don't think it's all that necessary Madness. Li-ions are protected and the Limn are made with non combustion features. The Imr won't expel gases, it will simply shut off permanently according to the manufacture. Who takes special care in manufacturing, unlike the usual "Fire" brands. Honestly, I don't know the difference between the 2 with the exception of longer life given on the Li-ion. I'm not too keen on measuring Load vs unload, but with simplified math of resistance vs voltage, 4.6-4.8V is where you should be at with Load on the 2.0 series.
Ahh I hadn't noticed these up either. I looked when it was just the 2.5 that were up.

Hehe your eyes aren't deceiving you my friend. They're here and anxiously waiting, Trust me. Ripping hair out waiting on these dang supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread