Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Wonder if there will be a wave of outrage like there is with vaping. Yeah, not likely.

Lucky Charms flavored beer to launch this weekend

Yeah... When it comes to Advertising Norms and Public Outcry, it's Magically Hypocritical.

KSAZ%20saturday%20morning%20ipa%20022519_1551138802330.jpg_6823173_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

LOL

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
What kind of insanity or perversion would inspire some poor wretched soul to put flavoring into beer and inflict it on humanity?
I don't feel strongly about a lot of things and generally look forward to and embrace change if it makes life a better experience. But I feel like what they are doing is tampering with the natural order of things and it will only result in a gate way to all kinds of evil being opened that may never be able to be closed again, ever!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Yeah, well, making beer not taste not like beer should be a crime up there equal to treason. :thumb: But seriously, I assume they need some sort of official okay to sell such a product and the double standard of selling "child friendly" flavored alcohol, "other stuff," gummy bear flavored adult vitamins and other medications, condoms, etc. while vilifying flavored ejuice is reprehensible.

Over the years I've seen person after person state how important flavors were in helping them transition from smoking to vaping. They were to me too. Just because I liked something as a kid doesn't mean I stopped liking it when I hit 18 or 21. Vaping is about saving lives, not what children think is cool at the moment.

mp25

Dec 27, 2018
The alcohol and beverage lobby has essentially picked up where the tobacco lobby left off 20 years ago. The growth in craft beer and micro-breweries, for one, has made drinking as normalized as smoking used to be. Think about where smoking was once allowed and where drinking is allowed now: grocery stores (even while you’re shopping), happy hours at the office, public transit, fast-food restaurants, to name a few. It’s also worth noting that hard liquor is more popular than ever before. My grandfathers, who were heavy smokers, were also heavy drinkers. One died from liver cancer in addition to lung cancer. I enjoy drinking, I’ll admit it. However, I’m seeing American culture basically trade one addiction for the other. But the progressives are okay with it because it doesn’t “look” like smoking. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread