Ludo Banned for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
yes its connected to the supplier posting restrictions i would think.. when a supplier attempts to make a post in a forum he cant post in..

a message pops up saying u are banned.. its just how joe stops anyone from using certain forums.. the newbie and review forums are prime examples..

at least i think thats what it is.. he might really be banned.. he he he..

my take is pretty simply.. he has realized that forums can be double edged swords... he has chosen to no longer use this one..

one problem now with the newbie forum is they all now seem to be talking to each other.. people that used to go in there and offer advice now do not do this for some reason.. i dont cos i cant.. but why others dont i have no idea.. except perhaps it gets boring answering the same question ten times a day..

when a newbie asks the inevitable questions a newbie asks.. he should be pointed to a good FAQ... this place lacks good moderation and guidance.. time to put this right joe i think.. your existing mods are busy business men now... time to get some others who will do a better job...

there are plenty willing to do it i am sure.. just make sure they aint suppliers this time..

trog

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
If true, that would be a sad turn of events. Ludo was one of the few suppliers -- Trog is another -- who actually contributed useful information in subject threads. Any supplier post that does no more than link to a sales page should be removed. But Ludo didn't seem guilty of that in my mind. He and I had a heck of an exchange on the "personal fogging machine" thread! I said it wouldn't work to call it something else; I was WRONG. The big push now is to call these "personal vaporizers."

From such disagreements and discussions comes education. I learned where Ludo was coming from. And I think he saw well ahead of me that bans were coming, that calling our devices e-cigs would prove a tragic mistake. If so, he was right.

It's the suppliers who never post here that I'd like to shun.

I hope there's something I don't know about a Ludo ban. If not, we've lost a valued contributor who actually took himself out long ago.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
If true, that would be a sad turn of events. Ludo was one of the few suppliers -- Trog is another -- who actually contributed useful information in subject threads. Any supplier post that does no more than link to a sales page should be removed. But Ludo didn't seem guilty of that in my mind. He and I had a heck of an exchange on the "personal fogging machine" thread! I said it wouldn't work to call it something else; I was WRONG. The big push now is to call these "personal vaporizers."

From such disagreements and discussions comes education. I learned where Ludo was coming from. And I think he saw well ahead of me that bans were coming, that calling our devices e-cigs would prove a tragic mistake. If so, he was right.

It's the suppliers who never post here that I'd like to shun.

I hope there's something I don't know about a Ludo ban. If not, we've lost a valued contributor who actually took himself out long ago.

its dangerous for a supplier to really try and participate in a public forum bob.. their business interests get damaged..

sooner or later they get ask questions they really dont want ask or to have to answer.. its not so bad in your own forum but even then a forum is a double edged sword..

not all forum members are nice people.. quite a few have their own agendas..

i mostly read this place to keep abreast of general trends.. i dont say that much now thow.. i cant..

trog

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
This is a really weird business. The salty dogs dont get the advantage. In most industries the old timers get the majority of the business because of a track record. For some reason new dealers come in once a week and announce the same model with a slick name and effectively hand the old dealers their hat.

In any emerging industry however the consumer is looking for the latest and greatest, so I guess this would account for the rapid growth of new dealers.

I think to be banned because an established dealer wanted to interact with consumers, and defend his business is not good in the long run for the entire industry.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I read to find even ONE new piece of information, Trog.

You're good at staying on point. I know some suppliers are not. And, yep, just as in the real world, not all posters are nice people. That's why bans exist, I guess.

As for newbies .. they can read the forum and get a big welcome from Kate. I no longer even look at that section because this bus is just running a circle where nearly all questions have been answered. Like you, I need to back off forum use and focus on life.

Still, I read daily for that one post of an FDA action, of a WHO statement, of a trial update, of a reason why my nicotine need is not met by e-smoking. One new bit of knowledge a day; that's all I ask.

For me, if these are banned or prove unhealthy in any way, nothing else about e-smoking matters. So that's where my attention goes.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
this should make things clear... its what pops up if i for example try and post in a forum i am not allowed too

banned.jpg

now i know why this message pops up.. assuming ludo hasnt really been banned from the entire site .. perhaps he dosnt..

having said that it is a life ban.. at least for some of the sites forums..

trog

Last edited:

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
For goodness sakes...........

1. This happens to all members who join and then are transferred to the suppliers permissions. It's a bug in vBulletin that I haven't been able to sort out.

2. This is explained in a sticky thread at the top of the suppliers private forum called "You are not banned!!"

3. er....

4. That's it. Just don't know how Ludo could have missed it.

Last edited:

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
Banned for life? Nah nobody is ever banned for life. Worst these forums can do is ban your ip in which case you change your ip. Create a new user name along with your new ip and your back on the forum again.

I suspect this technique is used more than most people realize to get around the supplier restrictions and pose as regular members.
How many slightly OT posts do we see to (obviously) advertise a website?
For me it only serves to red flag certain suppliers.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
I suspect this technique is used more than most people realize to get around the supplier restrictions and pose as regular members.
How many slightly OT posts do we see to (obviously) advertise a website?
For me it only serves to red flag certain suppliers.

It does happen, but relatively rarely I think. If you do ever see one of these, just hit the "report this thread" button, and it'll get dealt with, I promise!

The mods try to keep on top of this, but sometimes they do slip the net.

Thanks,

SJ

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
That's it. Just don't know how Ludo could have missed it.

i doubt he did miss it joe.. i put it in the bullsh-t excuse or reason he gives out for not using this place any more..

no matter how nice one chooses to be he did use this place and take advantage of his fan club to heavily promote his product.. as soon as he started to get some adverse comment as he did.. he stopped doing it... all pretty simple..

forums are double edged swords... they can bite back.. this one started to bite ludo back.. he stopped using it..

no doubt he does get ask why... he aint gonna say what i have just said.. so he uses the ban reaon.. which even thow not exactly true is a good one to use.. on another forum..

i am now a supplier.. it does change things.. i know how ludo feels.. at least i think i do.. he he

spamming your own product on a public forum that has knowledgeable users (and rival fan clubs) can end up doing a business more harm than good..

once the "fans" can no longer howl any adverse comment down.. it time to stop doing it..

trog

ps... u need some more mods joe.. the guards have to grow as the place grows..

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Ok that makes sense! I thought it had something to do with the owner of this forum :D

Trog, you got it all wrong.... again :D

Back to your cave!

Tx for the support, heartwarming to know we are still appreciated.

Stay tuned for JANTY announcements in the free suppliers forum!

so u didnt know... jeesh and i thought u was a clever dude.. as u say wrong again... he he he

back to my cave... he he

trog

ps when i was a kid my mother used to say to me... whenever i said "i thought".. she said you know what thought did.. he followed a muck cart and "thought" it was a wedding..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread