Status
Not open for further replies.

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
So one of the benefits of giving up analog fags is that your lungs will start to clear themselves out. I certainly feel better for swiching to e-cigs and my night time wheezing has gone.

Anybody have an idea if filling your lungs with vapour instead will prevent the lungs clearing themselves? I wonder if the PG would stop or slow the process? Any thoughts?

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
Its the tar. The tar comes off your lungs when it dries, but when your smoking analogs the tar build up is being re coated every time preventing it from dissolving. After a week you will feel it coming off and most of the time out in a big nasty cough. After that, you will get a sudden lung expansion that will make you feel like you have to yawn. Then you will forget what it was like to have tightened lungs until you make the mistake of smoking an analog again.

I was wondering about this too! I have been only vaping since saturday, so only 3 days.. but not one analog since.. but I have been using my e-cig regularly instead. And today for some reason.. I cannot smoke my ecig because it feels like flem is building up in my throat and giving me a nasty nasty cough. I could figure out if this is a nicotine od or allergy to the PG or just my lungs trying to clear themselves, but I feel like I cannot smoke my ecig right now without thinking I'm going to vomit.. Any ideas of what it could be?

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
All I can say is that after 6 weeks of not smoking analogs I can take in a very deep breath and not cough! The first 2- 3 weeks is when my lungs were feeling congested like I had a chest cold, but that was just the icky stuff breaking up. I smoked for just about 30 years so there was some build up in there.

I feel great! Good luck to you and congratulations!

Programmer

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
I am still getting brown specks in my mucous 9 weeks after my last analog. Hard to believe tar is still coming out, but if it's not, what is it????????????

I was always under the impression that the lungs of smokers vs. nonsmokers were distinguishable for up to 7 years. (Don't quote me on that, been a LONG time since I even looked into such things. This was way before Al Gore invented the internet, too.)

So as far as expecting tar to be completely gone in 9 weeks, I just don't think that's even conceivable.

CssReb

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
USA, NYC
I started doing some deep breathing exercises about 1 week into vaping and no anologs. I noticed I could inhale maybe 4 seconds before my lungs felt full. Now 10 weeks into vaping and I can inhale a full 8 seconds before my lungs feel full. I think that's a great improvement.

Off subject:
Are there any people here with ocd's? Have you noticed any markable decline in your ocd?

DuneBuggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
Near the Outer Banks of NC
Im a little over 2 weeks in and have definately noticed improvements.After just a few days my sense of smell/taste show WAAAAYYY up.
And I had a little cough that disapeared almost imdediately.
I decided to try a analog after 2 weeks.Tasted weird and my chest felt tight the next day like I smoked too much the night before!
I dont need the FDA to tell me these things are safer!

Duncan

Dec 19, 2008
North Wales, UK
I am still getting brown specks in my mucous 9 weeks after my last analog. Hard to believe tar is still coming out, but if it's not, what is it????????????

Don't want to panic you, but if it's flecks that look like coffee grounds, it could be blood. If so, get to your doctor. In fact, go anyway because it's unlikely to be tar after so long.

Programmer

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
In fact, go anyway because it's unlikely to be tar after so long.

Credentials please? Since you both are in the UK I can't say much, except: If anyone wants to know why socialized healthcare costs so much, here you go, case in point. Go anyway, "just cause". That's what Duncan said.

The guy quit only 9 WEEKS ago sir.

J***s C***st. Next thing you know you'll be advising him to visit a doctor before he takes a d***. When is this going to end?

Man, you guys. Unbelievable. Stop trying to play doctor and .....

prodigy108

Mar 10, 2009
... If anyone wants to know why socialized healthcare costs so much, here you go, case in point. Go anyway, "just cause". /quote]

'socialized' medicine might cost a pretty penny, but we americans spend more than the rest of the world, in absolute and in terms of per capita. Despite this the health outcomes we have are worse. Many factors in this of course.

Also notable is the fact that we are ranked 37 by world health organization. 36? Costa Rica! Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread