Lungs, Emphysema and breathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2009
Hamlin, New York, USA
Is there anyone here who vapes and notices that they are finding it easier to breathe now that they have quit the analogs?

I mean you are still taking vapor into your lungs...

Im just curious, cause I am starting to feel the effects of smoking, hard.

Havent vaped yet but if I cannot get rid of this shortness of breath feeling by vaping, then it wont be for me either.

I wonder if anyone who vapes also runs or exercises frequently and how they feel.

Afubar

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Oregon
I'm going on 21 days of vaping and I have to say the lungs are feeling better all the time. My morning and night-time coughing fits have ceased and I can once more take a deep breath without discomfort. So yes, breathing is easier. Oh, I smoked for 43 years, so I know what messed up lungs feel like, shortness of breath, coughing, no energy. Try it, you will like it.

Kaye

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I had boughts of COPD. When it happened I had terrible bronchial problems; also had tightness in the chest on heavy smoking days. Just like you, it was a worry which is why I started using an extra filter on the analogs: Helped but only a little.
Felt the difference in the lungs only a few days after making the switch. Using straight PG made my throat sore so I switched to VG and it's been smooth sailing.
The latter part of March is the last time I had to use my inhaler or my Advair.
I also just saw my doctor and a BP med went bye-bye.

rjp44

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
West Chester, OH
I'm a long time smoker, and even though I haven't quit analogs completely, I did cut down from 35-40/day to 10 and in 2 weeks, my lungs feel so much better and the sometimes wheeze that goes with my early stage COPD is gone. When you start, drink plenty of water in addition to other liquids you are drinking because the PG will dry out your throat and mouth. I've been drinking about a quart a day or more.

Scooter Bob

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
Another yes, yes and yes. Not only has my lung capacity become wonderful, by sinuses don't pack anymore, the frontal headaches have disappeared, and any coughing I ever do now for any reason, is totally dry and void of ANY mucus. I can even see improvement in my facial skin texture. I even ran a sprint the other night, just to see if I'd still feel like I was gonna die, great results for a non exercise guy. SB

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I have smoked for 40 years, 3 packs a day. I had developed COPD and once had pneumonia and stayed on ventilator for 11 days. I quit smoking analogs April 9 and I can' explain how much better I am. I was taking breathing treatments 4 times day. Since switching from smoking to vaping I no longer have to take these treatment and no longer cough, etc.

It is the best thing I have ever done. I think this will save my life.

mischiefgrrl

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Los Angeles
Definitely. I used to wheeze when I laid down to sleep at night. I'd have to cough to move stuff around so it would stop. Also wheezed if I took a very deep breath. Just tested it, clear as can be. Yay!

A lot of people say they cough up a ton of stuff right after they quit smoking. It's been almost a month for me and that hasn't happened. Made me worry that there was a ton of tar sitting on my lungs and not coming out but they don't feel heavy at all.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Holy crap! YESSSSSS!!!! After 25+ years smoking I'm on second month of vaping only. I feel WAY better, lungs are clearer. Don't have the horrible morning cough. My skin looks really good. My nose works better, sinuses are clearer... Holy moley I could go on. I can do an hour easily on treadmill and not even really winded (could never before). The changes started pretty quickly.

Regarding that coughing up stuff... The tar and crap stuck in your lungs does take awhile to start moving but once lungs start working well again many start coughing up yuckies that have been there awhile.

Seriously believe no matter what FDA or anyone says - I believe firmly it is healthier than smoking - I believe what I feel :) I feel BETTER!!!

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I had boughts of COPD. When it happened I had terrible bronchial problems; also had tightness in the chest on heavy smoking days. Just like you, it was a worry which is why I started using an extra filter on the analogs: Helped but only a little.
Felt the difference in the lungs only a few days after making the switch. Using straight PG made my throat sore so I switched to VG and it's been smooth sailing.
The latter part of March is the last time I had to use my inhaler or my Advair.
I also just saw my doctor and a BP med went bye-bye.

This post is very encouraging to me. I hope I have similiar results. I have emphasema from a 40 year habit. I have 3 inhalers. I have to quit analogs even though I don't inhale anymore. Everyone now pray I get my ecig and that customs won't confiscate it. Thanks to anyone who does pray for that.

ladyraj

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
I just want to thank all those who posted here. Gives me hope I had lost. I was sure that I would die from my Emphasema. Now I am thinking that I'm not so sure. I don't think there is a cure for COPD or Emphasema, but from what I'm reading here there surely can be great improvements for breathing.

Samysam, there is no cure for Emphysema because the tiny air sacs in the lung are damaged. Using the e-cigarette will not help your condition except in one circumstance...if you replace smoking regular cigarettes with the e-cig. You are no longer inhaling smoke from cigarettes why in the world do you want to inhale vapor? You've already broke the main habit of drawing chemicals in the lungs...why start up again?

Despite what people are reporting on this forum the PV is not medicine. Some of the ingredients are irritants. You must stay away from inhaling irritants to improve your lung function as inflammation is the main problem in your condition.

Drawing vapor in your mouth and exhaling thru your nose may seem like an obvious fix to bypass intrapulmonary function but in reality...some vapor still makes it to the brochial tubes and on to the lungs. In your case I would suggest using dissolvables with nicotine or any other myriad of NRTs available.

I am in the unfortunate position of displacing the hope that you had with this invention and for that, I am sorry, but I felt is was more important to deliver a reality check than mislead you. The healthy gains that others are reporting are a direct function of not inhaling tobacco smoke...you have already stopped doing that. Thus, beginning to inhale vapor will not get you the same health gains. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread