Lungs, Emphysema and breathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
My wife tells me that I don't snore nearly as much as I used to now that I am off analogs cigs for 6 months.

Good for you. Maybe the PG clears up your sinuses or bronchial. I find I have hardly any flem since I've started vaping. Big plus. I have lung problems from smoking for 40 years and the result was a lot of flem. I got rid of most of that & I breath better too.

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Hey folk. I've been trying the new flavors, but I think I'm just getting the primer taste from the new atomizers. They all taste the same and not too great so far. How long does it take to get rid of the primer taste? I tried the cream and it tastes nothing except primer. Same for the apple and chocolate cream. I can taste the cola a little bit. Think it'll be good once my atomizer is better. Working on getting all by new batteries properly charge too. They say to charge for 8 hours then vape a while and recharge again. Only I think the batteries were already charged as the green light on the charger came on after only a few minutes.

msdenster

Oct 25, 2009
Portland, OR
I was a 40 plus years smoker, got my e-cig Monday, and have put the analogs down. I breathe much better, and don't have that rattle anymore. The difference I fell is amazing. Not only do my lungs feel more clear, but it seems like everything unclogged, if that makes any sense, it almost feels like all of my veins are breathing better...ok people I know i sound off my rocker.....I Am,,,thanks for all the info. This was my source of knowledge before I took the e-cig plunge...

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I was a 40 plus years smoker, got my e-cig Monday, and have put the analogs down. I breathe much better, and don't have that rattle anymore. The difference I fell is amazing. Not only do my lungs feel more clear, but it seems like everything unclogged, if that makes any sense, it almost feels like all of my veins are breathing better...ok people I know i sound off my rocker.....I Am,,,thanks for all the info. This was my source of knowledge before I took the e-cig plunge...

I'm the same, so you are not off your rocker. Or else we both are. hahaha

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I'm wondering if the improvements in breathing and/or lung function that so many have mentioned in here are a direct result of vaping or just because you've stopped (or significantly cut back) analogs? I mean obviously stopping (or reducing) smoking will be beneficial, but do any of you feel like your improvements can at least be partially attributed to the vaping?

I guess the best way to gauge it would be if someone had quit/cut back analogs for a period of time once before, without vaping, and was quit/cut back again now with vaping. Anyone here fall into that category? If so, is there a noticeable difference in how you felt when comparing one to the other?

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread a bit, samy, but I've been following along with great interest and this seemed like the best place to ask this. And I can't wait to read your next update :)

Last edited:

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I'm wondering if the improvements in breathing and/or lung function that so many have mentioned in here are a direct result of vaping or just because you've stopped (or significantly cut back) analogs? I mean obviously stopping (or reducing) smoking will be beneficial, but do any of you feel like your improvements can at least be partially attributed to the vaping?

I guess the best way to gauge it would be if someone had quit/cut back analogs for a period of time once before, without vaping, and was quit/cut back again now with vaping. Anyone here fall into that category? If so, is there a noticeable difference in how you felt when comparing one to the other?

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread a bit, samy, but I've been following along with great interest and this seemed like the best place to ask this. And I can't wait to read your next update :)

Hi telsie. Lol. It's not my thread. but it is for your kind of question. I can't really answer your question, but I can tell you, that with emphasema, it creates a lot of flem that clogs up my bronchials a lot. Since I started vaping a month ago, I noticed from day 1, that I had almost no flem anymore and I cut back my smoking from 2 packs a day to 1 pack a day. Now I haven't been inhaling since I've had emphasema, but I was still getting a lot of the smoke from the lit end of the cigs and probably a bit from puffing on it. I can't prove it, but I do think that vaping has made the difference. Maybe a bit of both. But I can tell you this, when I was diagnosed, I cut back to only half a pack for a while, and it didn't seem to make any difference to either my breating difficulties or the amount of flem I had, so it does seem that the vaping is what did make the difference. It may be different for someone else, but all I can give is my own experience. Now, I did notice that when I vaped a lot, it did feel like I had a very tiny bit of irritation in my lungs at times. But it was very minor. PG can be an irritant. I still have to use my puffers, but sometimes I find I don't need them as bad as before. Hope this help you.

Last edited:

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Don't know if anyone else is interested, but thewomenfolk wants my updates. Now this should probably be in the thread about liquids, but since all my updates have been here, I'm putting it here. This is a summary. I started vaping a month ago. Had only juices with no nicotine, so have still been smoking, but half of what I was smoking pre vaping. I finally got my nicotine juices a couple of days ago. I got new atomizers too. Now what I sampled tasted really bad and I thought it was probably the primer on the new atomizers. With a call from a great guy at customer service at EastMall where I bought my liquids, we have come to the conclusion that what I was tasting was the nicotine in the juice. It is 26mg and pretty strong. It overpowers everything to the point that I can't even taste the flavor that the juice is supposed to be. If I had known this before, I would have ordered a much lower nicotine level. I am now going to experiment with cutting the juice with zero nicotine PG and VG and see if this improves the taste. So far, I have cut the Menthol and Capaccino flavors by half, but I still find it tastes just as bad. Going to cut it again tomorrow and see how that tastes. If I can't find a level of nicotine I can stand, then I will just have to go with no nicotine juices. That makes it more difficult to totally cut out the analogs. Wish me luck. I did a lot of research, but haven't read the whole forum. It's too large. I probably should have read more on the liquids. I had no idea that nicotine had a taste and no idea that it's taste was so strong. It tastes terrible. I haven't seen any post about the taste of nicotine and I am surprised, since it is so bad tasting. Maybe is's just me, but there must be others who find it as bad tasting as me. I am really disappointed, since I spent a lot of money on these nic juices and was counting on them to get me off the analogs. Now I don't know what I'm going to do with all this juice if I can't use it. I have 100ml in 15 flavors. Might have to find someone to trade with. I am thinking that I'm probably going to be buying no nic juice from now on. At least I know that tastes good.

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
I don't know about the nicotine taste. I just tried some 36mg TW liquid cut with PG and noticed no taste other than the slight sweetness of the pg. I cut it about in half. Have you thought about getting the patch for the nic and just flavored pg or vg for the vape? PG/VG flavored with Loranns or something would be less costly.

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I don't know about the nicotine taste. I just tried some 36mg TW liquid cut with PG and noticed no taste other than the slight sweetness of the pg. I cut it about in half. Have you thought about getting the patch for the nic and just flavored pg or vg for the vape? PG/VG flavored with Loranns or something would be less costly.

I am thinking about doing that now. The patch that is. I was planning on buying some flavorings anyway, since I already have some no nic PG and VG. I was waiting till next month since I've spent a lot of money this month on all this is stuff. I liked most of the flavors I've tried so far in the no nic flavors. I was really counting on the nic juices. Now I'm really disappointed. I'm still experimenting. I find if I don't smoke analogs, I vape a lot. I'm running low on the juice samples I got in the beginning, so will be needing some really soon. I'm going to be cutting some of the nic juice till I find a level that's bearable. If not, I will have lost a lot of moolla.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I bet it's just the juice you got. I have various levels of e-liquid all from the same place and there's an insignificant difference in "taste" to me from low to med to high nicotine strength of the same flavor. I only have one flavor that's a zero nic and the only difference I can detect between that and a med of the same is that the med has the slightest peppery bite to it (I mean slight).

Did you get your new liquid from the same place you'd gotten the zero nic from? Because I really can't imagine you liking a company's zero and disliking it with nicotine. I'd suggest buying from someone else. There are lots of companies to choose from and lots of recommendations in the forums here. I use Johnson Creek and love it. I don't know if they ship to Canada, but they have a really nice sample pack for about $20 (you can pick the nic strength).

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I bet it's just the juice you got. I have various levels of e-liquid all from the same place and there's an insignificant difference in "taste" to me from low to med to high nicotine strength of the same flavor. I only have one flavor that's a zero nic and the only difference I can detect between that and a med of the same is that the med has the slightest peppery bite to it (I mean slight).

Did you get your new liquid from the same place you'd gotten the zero nic from? Because I really can't imagine you liking a company's zero and disliking it with nicotine. I'd suggest buying from someone else. There are lots of companies to choose from and lots of recommendations in the forums here. I use Johnson Creek and love it. I don't know if they ship to Canada, but they have a really nice sample pack for about $20 (you can pick the nic strength).

Thanks for telling me that telsie. I'm really hoping it's just this batch of juice. I got it from East Mall. The no nic juice samples I got from HappyVaper in Canada. However, I did get a couple of bottles of Menthol from Vapables and that was even worse than the ones from East Mall. I don't know now if I should try nic juice from somewhere else. I've already spent a lot on these juices that I can't even use. Maybe it is just these juices. Maybe Vapables gets their juices from East Mall too. I've heard good things about East Mall and their customer service is top notch. Their web master called me and spent an hour and a half on the phone with me. He thinks it's the nicotine in the juice that gives it that taste. I really don't know what to think now. I haven't seen any one else complain about their juices tasting this bad. There aren't that many suppliers here, and it's difficult to get anything ecig related from the States. My big excitement over ecigs is quickly turning into disappointment as far as helping me get off the analogs. I will keep vaping the no nic juices, but really was hoping on being able to replace my analogs with nic juices. :cry:

P3rplexity

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Texas
I definitely feel like I can breathe better already, after only a couple days of not smoking. It could be psychological but overall I feel so much better, "cleaner" would be a good word to describe it actually. I have a heightened sense of taste for sure, I can smell cigarette smoke a mile away it seems (cleaned my entire house, twice...)

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I definitely feel like I can breathe better already, after only a couple days of not smoking. It could be psychological but overall I feel so much better, "cleaner" would be a good word to describe it actually. I have a heightened sense of taste for sure, I can smell cigarette smoke a mile away it seems (cleaned my entire house, twice...)

I don't think it's psychological. I had the same experience and I haven't even quit the analogs yet. Still trying to get some good tasting nic juice.

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Update on juice tasting bad. I have been experimenting some more. I tried just the tasteless nic juices I have. Both PG and VG. Tried them alone with a bit of no nic PG so I wouldn't get nicotine overload. They all taste fine, so it's not the nicotine I am tasting in the flavored juices I got. They either have something in them that shouldn't be there, or they have turned bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread