Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Well you shouldn't! I'm heading out too :)

And I run off a lot too! :laugh: Especially when it's time to eat :lol:

Ok. I don't feel too bad tonite then:)
Hey! A woman's gotta eat!:laugh:

Guess I'll go ahead & say good night then.
I'm going to sit here for a moment & relax & then I've got 1 or 2 things around here to take care of for the morning.

Sleep well when you go MD:wub:

Nite Nite to any dear Lurkers who pass through tonite:wub:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Ok. I don't feel too bad tonite then:)
    Hey! A woman's gotta eat!:laugh:

Guess I'll go ahead & say good night then.
    I'm going to sit here for a moment & relax & then I've got 1 or 2 things around here to take care of for the morning.

Sleep well when you go MD:wub:

Nite Nite to any dear Lurkers who pass through tonite:wub:

:thumb:

Yep, I got about 15, 20 minutes worth of stuff to do and then I'm crawling under some warm, cozy covers :p

Nite BG :wub:

Good night Lurkers :wub: :wub:

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2014
    Question ....

If the spring in a VMOD collapses ... is it dead? :unsure: Or can you fix it? :confused:

I think you can fix it... if you heat it back up while you pull it back to it's extended spring shape and let it cool like that... but they are generally considered to be 'one-time use'.

The VMOD descriptions I have seen say that all parts can be ordered for repair... so it *should* be available. The bigger issue might be why it failed in the first place... assuming it was unexpected.

Either way... here is a linked image to at least one company selling 'a' hot spring, not sure if it's the right size/etc for you though.

Looks like the same thing over at AltSmoke

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    As jimmy said it should be replaceable. After all it's a mech mod...just finding the right spring and someone to use conductive sodder/glue to put it back....

The Forgotten One

"There's a fine line between happy and crazy; I'm not sure which side of the line I'm on today!" ~ Shadav

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 5, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    Question ....

If the spring in a VMOD collapses ... is it dead? :unsure: Or can you fix it? :confused:

I bet you can steal a spring out of the end cap of a flashlight and make it work. I have the end cap from a mod that died I can send it to you and you can try it. I always try to salvage parts I think might be useful.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2014
    Good morning everybody!

GoodMorningLasCruces.jpg

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Dale, might it be possible to take your spring to the hardware store and they could find one that would work as a replacement?

I think you can fix it... if you heat it back up while you pull it back to it's extended spring shape and let it cool like that... but they are generally considered to be 'one-time use'.

The VMOD descriptions I have seen say that all parts can be ordered for repair... so it *should* be available. The bigger issue might be why it failed in the first place... assuming it was unexpected.

As jimmy said it should be replaceable. After all it's a mech mod...just finding the right spring and someone to use conductive sodder/glue to put it back....

I bet you can steal a spring out of the end cap of a flashlight and make it work. I have the end cap from a mod that died I can send it to you and you can try it. I always try to salvage parts I think might be useful.

Thank you all you wonderful people!!! :wub:
    I did read each and every suggestion :) However there is a "bar" attached to this spring (I guess to keep people from doing what you suggested :facepalm:) it runs up the chassis and into the chamber somehow, and then over into the button assembly :unsure:

@Jimmy, I am using AW IMR 14500 3.7V 600mAh batteries which is what was suggested was best for me to use. And I have no idea why it collapsed, pulled it out of my pocket at work and went to take a pull and that's all she wrote :?:

I am attempting to "stretch" the spring back out but not sure it's worth it ... kind of scared of that one now :unsure: Can't use heat because the body surrounding it is plastic and you can't remove the spring because of the way it's attached.

Good morning dear Lurkers!! :wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread