Luxotic BF squonk owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I've never actually used it until a few hours ago when I put some VG in the squonk bottle to see if mine did leak once I couldn't get the stupid pinout so I don't know if that could be what's happening it seems like there's a lot going on in this little box. I mean that little bit of solder below it would also keep it from being pulled out completely cuz that would hit the ledge too
Did you install an atty on the mod before you tried to remove the pin?

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
Heres the fix I did on one of mine in August. No sign of leaks. Pretty much use it daily.

The fix I did was to clean it all out with isopropyl and let dry.
Install a non squonk atty.
Pull out the pin that is the point of the leak and clean and dry out inside.
Apply loctite to the pin and a bit inside and reinsert pin.
Remove atty.
Place an O ring inside the 510 connector, 6mm or 7mm, maybe it was a drip tip O ring? I cant remember.
The next step isnt in the yt vid and probably an overkill
Then I covered the circuit board with a potting compound...or you could use a non acidic silicon, maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Blitzdonlife

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Did you install an atty on the mod before you tried to remove the pin?
Initially yeah there was an atty on it just so I had a better way of holding it to be honest cuz I had no clue that one needed to be there. But by the time I actually got the pin out it did not have anything on it because I meeded a vape as what I thought would be a five-minute thing had turned into a 45 min ordeal. I do think it may be fine...it will go back in the hole it just takes more maneuvering then you're going to be able to accomplish with super glue so we're going for loctite which will give me a good few minutes more to maneuver it I just hope the thing doesn't fall with sticky stuff on it into the device.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Heres the fix I did on one of mine in August. No sign of leaks. Pretty much use it daily.

The fix I did was to clean it all out with isopropyl and let dry.
Install a non squonk atty.
Pull out the pin that is the point of the leak and clean and dry out inside.
Apply loctite to the pin and a bit inside and reinsert pin.
Remove atty.
Place an O ring inside the 510 connector, 6mm or 7mm, maybe it was a drip tip O ring? I cant remember.
The next step isnt in the yt vid and probably an overkill
Then I covered the circuit board with a potting compound...or you could use a non acidic silicon, maybe?
I don't know what's wrong with the one I got because nobody else seems to have this problem with pulling this pin. Maybe the RTA I had didn't have a long enough 510 pin. Though it certainly seems like it protrudes. Maybe it's because it was not lubricated because I had never used the device as a squonk I only tested it with a slight bit of vg and I had it surrounded with a paper towel so it didn't leak in the inner workings.

Can you confirm for me what the point of that pin is? Someone said it's what keeps the 510 assembly (not sure if that's the proper term) in the device.

Even without the pin mine doesn't seem to want to budge. But I'm just wondering what the purpose is and if it has any alternative purpose?
Because if all it is is just a block to keep the assembly from sliding out when you pull your atomizer off then I could probably put something a little easier to get in there in there like another piece of metal.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
I don't know what's wrong with the one I got because nobody else seems to have this problem with pulling this pin. Maybe the RTA I had didn't have a long enough 510 pin. Though it certainly seems like it protrudes. Maybe it's because it was not lubricated because I had never used the device as a squonk I only tested it with a slight bit of vg and I had it surrounded with a paper towel so it didn't leak in the inner workings.

Can you confirm for me what the point of that pin is? Someone said it's what keeps the 510 assembly (not sure if that's the proper term) in the device.

Even without the pin mine doesn't seem to want to budge. But I'm just wondering what the purpose is and if it has any alternative purpose?
Because if all it is is just a block to keep the assembly from sliding out when you pull your atomizer off then I could probably put something a little easier to get in there in there like another piece of metal.
You need a non squonk atty on the mod to remove and install the pin easily.
The point where the leak is is where the pin is

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
hmmm...mine just fell out when I removed the cover :confused:
Mine was jacked in there so damn hard it didn't matter what I did I put the Bellus on it at first just to be able to grip it because I had no clue that I needed that on it for the removal but when it wasn't coming out I took the atomizer off because I was flailing around trying to get the stupid pin out I was afraid I was going to break it LOL anyway I did get the stupid SOB back in I had to grind it down with a metal nail file and then I jabbed it in a bunch of super glue and held it in there and then I covered the whole friggin thing with super glue and tomorrow I'm going to put a bunch of silicone on top of it all and if it leaks I'm going to enjoy beating it to death with a hammer because I've spent like 4 to 5 hours on this thing lol and that'll give me a handy dandy excuse to go get the Luna

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
Mine was jacked in there so damn hard it didn't matter what I did I put the Bellus on it at first just to be able to grip it because I had no clue that I needed that on it for the removal but when it wasn't coming out I took the atomizer off because I was flailing around trying to get the stupid pin out I was afraid I was going to break it LOL anyway I did get the stupid SOB back in I had to grind it down with a metal nail file and then I jabbed it in a bunch of super glue and held it in there and then I covered the whole friggin thing with super glue and tomorrow I'm going to put a bunch of silicone on top of it all and if it leaks I'm going to enjoy beating it to death with a hammer because I've spent like 4 to 5 hours on this thing lol and that'll give me a handy dandy excuse to go get the Luna
Its a silly design and it is the only squonk mod I have that leaks like that. Its frustrating that it even needs to be fixed.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Its a silly design and it is the only squonk mod I have that leaks like that. Its frustrating that it even needs to be fixed.
It's almost like it came out on April Fools and they were just purposely trying to Dick everyone because how any company can have a product where so many of them do it that it's just a standard practice to take it apart and fix it even before it leaks.. I simply don't understand. How in the world did they not know that this was going to happen even if you didn't do QC I would imagine you would know that that is not a seal. Lol the things lucky it's cute or it would have already been little shards by now. Feel like they should have paid me. :) it is darn cute though

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
It's almost like it came out on April Fools and they were just purposely trying to Dick everyone because how any company can have a product where so many of them do it that it's just a standard practice to take it apart and fix it even before it leaks.. I simply don't understand. How in the world did they not know that this was going to happen even if you didn't do QC I would imagine you would know that that is not a seal. Lol the things lucky it's cute or it would have already been little shards by now. Feel like they should have paid me. :) it is darn cute though
I dont use it as a squonk mod so much any more, I just put a rta on it. I like the feel of it.

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I dont use it as a squonk mod so much any more, I just put a rta on it. I like the feel of it.
I was so focused on fixing the stupid thing that I didn't even think that Gee I could just use it as a regular freaking mod.. I'll have to use something else as my reason to purchase the Luna rather than Breaking the Lux because that would just be silly. It's not like I don't know that I can just use it as a mod but I became so hyper focused on fixing it

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I guess since I started this I should also update it. I fixed it it does not leak now I had to sand down the PIN to get it back in because it had warped and there was absolutely no feasible way that I was going to be able to get it in at the angle at needed to go in with glue on it. So I pulled out my metal nail file and I just went at it and it's in. I tested it a few good times and it's fine it seems to be holding then I put another layer on the outside as well just for that extra "never wanna do THIS again" precaution. Now I haven't used it for an extended time in fact I just popped a battery in to make sure it's still working and that I didn't Jack it up. If it leaks again ever it will become just a mod

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
I fixed mine yesterday and let it dry overnight. I did the exact same fix as the video posted above, except I put a drop of loctite over the hole and then on the pin then inserted pin. I did not put an O-Ring on the 510 connection. I’m thinking about putting another drop of loctite on the pin like you did Ava just to make sure it’s sealed.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I fixed mine yesterday and let it dry overnight. I did the exact same fix as the video posted above, except I put a drop of loctite over the hole and then on the pin then inserted pin. I did not put an O-Ring on the 510 connection. I’m thinking about putting another drop of loctite on the pin like you did Ava just to make sure it’s sealed.
I think it's a good idea to put just a little bit on top. It certainly doesn't seem to have a downside. I was going to use Loctite I mean I had it out and everything but it was so liquidy and after having to reshape the pin I needed something that was going to fill in quite a bit of space.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Ava Orchid, if all else fails and you really can't fix your Luxotic, please PM me. If you're in the continental U.S., I'll sendja one of mine.

Props. What you're attempting is Hard...
That's really kind of you! It is an absolutely adorable little mod. I haven't actually used it long-term yet but in the couple times I've tested it to make sure it wasn't leaking I think it held :) I'll let you know if I am wrong.
Thanks so much. The vape community never fails to astound me with how absolutely kind they are

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
So @AvaOrchid did you ever get a Luna?

Really think you would like the Luna. I own several and have never had any issues with them. They have quite the following here with many folks owning more than one.

I feel everyone's pain with having to mod a mod that should have worked correctly from the get go. I would have smashed it to bits (j/k, maybe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread