M&P's tobaccos

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
So, for a specific reason I won't get into, I am trying various tobacco flavours. The first one I've tried is American Blend. I get no discernible flavour. It tastes almost exactly like undiluted VG--there's a bit of difference but it's so subtle I cannot really tell the difference without going directly from one to the other. Is this normal for most people?

The colour looks like what I would expect and it's almost a week old, but I'm not really getting anything from it...

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Okay. Dropping in the Virginia Fire Cured is a much stronger flavour. It seems to me that they are exactly the same as this shows me what the difference is between the American Blend and straight VG. But it also "proves" I am not a tobacco vape person as the only difference I can tell between them is the intensity of the flavour. They both taste exactly the same--and make me want a real cigarette more than I have before in the six months since I stopped with the stinkies.

And DAYUM does the 18mg sample hit hard when you're used to 10. My body is vibrating like I just finished chain smoking five or six ciggies but my mouth is telling me I haven't had one for six months...

:lol:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Yeah, definitely not a tobacco vape person. Went directly to the dark juice, the RYO, and it tastes exactly like the Virginia Fire Cured. Based on the descriptions and people's reactions, this cannot be right.

At this point I am assuming that it is the 510's famous propensity to sacrifice flavour for vapour production and throat hit. I will wait for my IKV cannons to come in (with the 801 internals) and revisit the tobaccos with an atty that is designed to emphasize flavour.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Yes. I was using my GGTB as my dripper/taster, but my only 17670 decided to die on me, so the set-up I am using at the moment is a wood box bottom-feeder (Hog's Mod #13) with the bottle filled with unflavored VG. I drip the flavour to be tested, and once I am satisfied I have tasted it (generally 5 to 7 rounds of three drips a round) I vape as a feeder until the VG has gone through enough I get no flavour at all and then move to the next juice.

I understand the inherent short-comings of not using a brand-new $8 atomizer for each individual flavour, but I am not rich enough in either time or money to do so as this round of tasting (seven different tobaccos--thanks for the extra samples, Scuba!) would cost $56 in atomizers and a week and a half to properly break in each one to be able to judge the flavours accurately. I did test the methodology before attempting to judge the tobaccos, and switching from Butterfly Bait to American Blend to Caramel to American Blend to Butterfly Bait gave me accurate flavours for the BB and Caramel with no contamination of any of them. This was a couple days ago when the American Blend was fresh out of the mailbox--while I had no experience with it, I did not get a hint of either the BB or Caramel when it was in the rotation.

As I said, I understand the short-comings of using the same atty so I will not claim that this method gives me a "true" representation of the flavours in question--but I am satisfied that the flavours themselves are not cross-contaminating each other, at least not to the point that my results would indicate. Right now I am back to the Butterfly Bait and I do not have any indications of the tobaccos I was vaping earlier, so the flushing/cleaning seems to work adequately...

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Oh, and I am not trying any new atomizers/cartos for a while (other than what is already in the mail) as I blew a bit more than my vaping budget on atties and cartos during the Black Friday sales. Only new purchases for me on the horizon are stocking up on the BB to make sure I don't run out during our annual sojourn to Texas for the holidays...

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I use the same method, unless I get lazy, then I just vape out the flavor mix for a while. Try to keep separate atties for coffees and sweets though. I was just asking, as putting one flavor into another can lead to no or little flavor till the other vapes out. I was just recommend when you get a chance to give these little puppies a try. I am in the same boat, blew out my December budget on Haze and black friday sales.

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Yeah, definitely not a tobacco vape person. Went directly to the dark juice, the RYO, and it tastes exactly like the Virginia Fire Cured. Based on the descriptions and people's reactions, this cannot be right.

At this point I am assuming that it is the 510's famous propensity to sacrifice flavour for vapour production and throat hit. I will wait for my IKV cannons to come in (with the 801 internals) and revisit the tobaccos with an atty that is designed to emphasize flavour.

LOL I was wondering why you order that stuff!!!

:drool: Exactly Folks this stuff is not cotton candy period it is (BULGARIAN TOBACCO BASE ) with no Garbage in it!! and folks like that when they are getting off analogs that is the point with RYO it taste nasty. Frankly its not as bad as a real smoke!!( IMO) but good lord I will have nothing to do with it at this stage of my vaping. If you are missing the taste of an analog give the RYO (ashtray) a tug but you have been warned on this one. We just sold over 90ml this week alone. I can assume someone is using it as a base if not god love them LOL

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
I've been curious about the dual coil atties since I like the dual coil cartos so much--but I've been very happy with the Vapage hybrids. I do think this atty is a problem, though--it tastes excellent when it's flooded, but it starts tasting "hollow" when it gets to the point at which atties are supposed to operate. It's one of the 510's J-Tek had on their Black Friday clearance for $3.60, so I don't know if this is the way 510's usually work (I've gotten so used to the '306 in 510 clothing') or if this is the reason they were on clearance. I may try one of the 306's I got from J-Tek, but the only hybrid I have left is on Hog #64 filled with BB and it's not moving. If the 306 doesn't work out I'll just have to wait for the IKV i06's and cannons coming in.

I've got plenty of the dual coil cartos (both long and short) and I have some resurrectors coming in on a trade, but I cannot compare flavours using cartos because it takes so long to vape through the transition...

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011

:drool: Exactly Folks this stuff is not cotton candy period it is (BULGARIAN TOBACCO BASE ) with no Garbage in it!! and folks like that when they are getting off analogs that is the point with RYO it taste nasty. Frankly its not as bad as a real smoke!!( IMO) but good lord I will have nothing to do with it at this stage of my vaping. If you are missing the taste of an analog give the RYO (ashtray) a tug but you have been warned on this one. We just sold over 90ml this week alone. I can assume someone is using it as a base if not god love them LOL

It didn't taste nasty to me at all. It was a bit smoky. Had a hint of tobacco flavour, maybe a bit ashy. The main thing it made me think of was the kiln-dried pine 2x4 you shave and split for kindling when you do the "fire in a campground" thing. But it tasted exactly like the Virginia Fire Cured, and even without the descriptions the differing colour of the juices would tell you that's not right. I don't know if it's the atty, my taste buds, or my vastly different experience of smoking than most people, but the American Blend, Virginia Fire Cured and RYO were basically the same things to my palette.

By the way, are all your tobacco flavours made with WTA? For my purpose it's important that the flavouring at least be based on tobacco extract rather than simply artificially emulated. Thanks :)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
I picked up another stash of them on black friday, he had a huge discount for the weekend on everything. They so far have lasted longer than the ikens I had.

I picked up a couple of the IKV's to try since so many people rave about them (and the cannons would let me use 801's on the Hogs without an adapter). I picked up three each of the 510's and 306's from J-Tek because they were so cheap. But the straight 510's only seem to last me a month or so, and if the Vapage hybrids last four weeks I consider it defective--I usually get about 2 months from them, so I'm pretty happy with those :)

'Course I usually get a month or two out of the dual-coil cartos, too, and people seem to act like two weeks is good...

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone

Your assumption is incorrect sir. I bought 60ml of that 90 as an all day and wouldn't dream of putting anything in it to adulterate it, and I have been off analogs since slightly after my join date. Scuba also makes a special blend out of it for me that I vape after dinner. And God does love me.

Scubac00da

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It didn't taste nasty to me at all. It was a bit smoky. Had a hint of tobacco flavour, maybe a bit ashy. The main thing it made me think of was the kiln-dried pine 2x4 you shave and split for kindling when you do the "fire in a campground" thing. But it tasted exactly like the Virginia Fire Cured, and even without the descriptions the differing colour of the juices would tell you that's not right. I don't know if it's the atty, my taste buds, or my vastly different experience of smoking than most people, but the American Blend, Virginia Fire Cured and RYO were basically the same things to my palette.

By the way, are all your tobacco flavours made with WTA? For my purpose it's important that the flavouring at least be based on tobacco extract rather than simply artificially emulated. Thanks :)

Pwyll,

All of our tobacco's are made with either tobacco absolute or tobacco extract. RYO's base is tobacco extract and the others are tobacco absolute. I personally don't like (and actually am grossed out by artificial tobacco flavorings) and so don't like to use them. A ton can be done without using them and so for now, I choose not to use them unless I have to. I do use one right now but it is only added to the natural base in a very small amount. I am a firm believer that if it isn't necessary to the juice, DON'T add it to the juice period.

-Scuba

Scubac00da

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Your assumption is incorrect sir. I bought 60ml of that 90 as an all day and wouldn't dream of putting anything in it to adulterate it, and I have been off analogs since slightly after my join date. Scuba also makes a special blend out of it for me that I vape after dinner. And God does love me.

You tell him Wuzznt! God does love you and you are not the only RYO lover. The people who love it, order it by the gallon, lol. AND, I have enough people who love it that I am expanding that tobacco extract line to include more choices . . . coming soon!

-Scuba
[EDIT] hehehehe - I don't have to sign my name anymore!!!!! YAY!!!! Now I just have to get used to that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread