M201 First impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
Hi Y'all

The M201 IMO is a much better device than a M401.

Just received this 201 on Saturday 2/6. I have been using it pretty much non stop since then.

My first ecig was the Smoking Everywhere kit I bought at the mall 10/11/09, which like alot of people, I paid way to much for. I think it is a 4081. A couple days after it I ordered 401's from Intellicig.
In comparing these two devices there really is not that much of a difference in them other than the price.

I wanted to try a pen style and decided on the m201. When I first placed the pre-filled cart on the atty I thought this thing was not nearly as good as my 401. Hardly any taste/vapor or throat hit. I filled one of the blanks with some 24 mg RY4 and wow, what a difference! This thing knocked me outa my socks! The taste was awesome. I never had a throat hit or vapor like this with either of the minis I had.

The 201's I received have 4 little notches at the top edge of the threads on the atty and the batteries have two tiny holes on one side towards the bottom of the threads. The draw is equal or maybe just a very little harder than my 401. The battery life is superior. I can get maybe 1.5 hrs of vaping outa of the 401, the 201 lasts about 4 hours before needing a charge. The cart size is HUGE in comparison. This thing holds 1 ml!

I tried using blue foam for the wicking material and it seems to work good. So far I'm very impressed with this e cig. Going to order two more kits shortly.

Happy vaping Y'all :cool:
rtbob

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
Here's a picture of the package.

DSC02976-1.jpg

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
Hi Guys.

Iv'e been using the m201 for about 3 weeks now and it's great. I've noticed that flavour and TH are diminishing quite a bit the last couple of days. Is this a sign of atty on it's way out? I still get good vapour btw. :confused:

I clean once a week in coke overnight, then rinse with warm water and dry with a hairdryer on low heat until dry. I also let the atty drain overnight every couple of days.

My local supllier is getting PTs, 4-hole attys and manual batts in next week - can't wait!! :D

Doug_Dread

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Jo'burg, South Africa
Hi Guys.

Iv'e been using the m201 for about 3 weeks now and it's great. I've noticed that flavour and TH are diminishing quite a bit the last couple of days. Is this a sign of atty on it's way out? I still get good vapour btw. :confused:

I clean once a week in coke overnight, then rinse with warm water and dry with a hairdryer on low heat until dry. I also let the atty drain overnight every couple of days.

My local supllier is getting PTs, 4-hole attys and manual batts in next week - can't wait!! :D
I've had my M201 for 3 months.

TH seems to get less, but I reckon we just get used to the hit and our throats become less sensitive to it. Was the same with my JS and is probably common to all PV's. In the mornings, after not vaping for several hours, it's back again for a short while and then fades again i.e. an increased throat tolerance is to blame, not the PV.

The M201 is a flavour king when it's in its sweet spot, but it doesn't always stay there, drifting in and out of it. More likely to be a combo of atty performance; cart liquid level and battery charge than just the atty. To restore it to high flavour, I blow the old liquid out of the atty, give the batt a full charge and fill a new cart.

My learning curve with my JS (about 2 months), during which I tried every which way to wash the atties, brought me to a decision NEVER, EVER to wash an atty again. In my experience, washing with anything, even just plain water, altered/diminished the flavour permanently, as well as shortening the atty's life. To clean, I blow it out vigourously from both ends, then wipe it out thoroughly with paper towel, prime with a few drops of e-liquid and put it straight back into service. Also, I don't clean it regularly, only as required i.e. if I feel/taste the performance dropping, which is usually between 1 and 2 weeks and is also indicated by the cart filler going a dark brown where it touches the atty.

I bought an M201 PT and it was a miserable failure, the vape was awful and tasteless. Fortunately, the button died after a few days and it refused to switch off, so I returned it and swapped it for a third batt, which is ideal, 1 vaping, 1 spare and 1 charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread